We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sharing with friends? Options

Remember_me
#1 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:12:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has started extracting dmt (would i be allowed to say it was me if i started doing it too?) and he was wondering how lightly he should take sharing it with friends. Is it something he should not let people try if he doesnt think their ready for it? Or can he just give it to anyone?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PrimalWisdom
#2 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:29:57 AM

Everything the light touches

Hi There.
Its a tricky one. I have offered to a few friends and most of them seem so uniformed about DMT that they decline. I've had people say things like, "no way man, one hit and you go insane" "DMT? Isnt that extracted from dead peoples brains?" but then a few say ok why not, I try inform them as much as possible, and let them take it from there. all have had good experiences except one who didn't like it at all. I always just present the truth about it and let people decide.
Another problem with sharing that I have encountered is that news spreads quick. I got a call the other night from a guy I have met once. He wanted to buy some from me. I was a bit taken aback and just said I had no idea what he was talking about and that I have never had DMT before. That call has made me want to keep quiet about my DMT and extractions for obvious reasons.

be careful and just make sure people know what they could be in for.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:30:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Be very careful who you share spice with. Even people you think will be ready, probably won't be.

Many people will be so shattered from a spice experience that they might react in ways that will cause you grief. For sure, no one who is psychologically unstable, taking ANY prescription meds, or has a dark or malicious streak.

It is generally best if most people have no idea that you even possess the Divine Moments Of Truth. Resist the urge to think that sharing it with all your blocked and stuck friends and family will miraculously awaken them. Introducing someone to Hyperspace is a profound honor and a somewhat heavy responsibility.

IMHO anyway.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tele
#4 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:55:36 AM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Be very careful who you share spice with. Even people you think will be ready, probably won't be.

Many people will be so shattered from a spice experience that they might react in ways that will cause you grief. For sure, no one who is psychologically unstable, taking ANY prescription meds, or has a dark or malicious streak.

It is generally best if most people have no idea that you even possess the Divine Moments Of Truth. Resist the urge to think that sharing it with all your blocked and stuck friends and family will miraculously awaken them. Introducing someone to Hyperspace is a profound honor and a somewhat heavy responsibility.

IMHO anyway.

IMHO too.

Except I feel it's not heavy responsibility if the person you offer it to is very eager to try it and have done his/her research.
I'm not "sharing type anyway"...

However, I feel like if one has deep "respect and love" towards one's smoking equipment, it's a good idea not to share them. Sharing my GVG is very difficult for me.

But I can imagine some people being naive and thinking if they had awesome life changing experience, it's something one wants to give to his/her closest friends ASAP. Think first always, not twice, but at least four times before offering to even closest friends.Wink

ocean_of_unity
#5 Posted : 9/19/2011 12:35:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

headspice
#6 Posted : 9/19/2011 1:56:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have introduced two close friends to The Spirit Molecule DVD, but have not let on that I have access to the spice. Like religion, I figure that they will choose to pursue that path (or not), and it is not my place to push them in any direction beyond the initial illumination.

tele
#7 Posted : 9/19/2011 2:38:15 PM
Explorer

headspice wrote:
I have introduced two close friends to The Spirit Molecule DVD, but have not let on that I have access to the spice. Like religion, I figure that they will choose to pursue that path (or not), and it is not my place to push them in any direction beyond the initial illumination.

Personally I don't think that DVD is really a good presentation about DMT.

I especially don't like the talk about the pineal gland and DMT by the rabbi in the documentary.

It's ok document but really one is better off with erowid and this site, I think.

ocean_of_unity wrote:

I totally agree. Not sooner, not laterCool

headspice
#8 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:02:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

Personally I don't think that DVD is really a good presentation about DMT.

I especially don't like the talk about the pineal gland and DMT by the rabbi in the documentary.

It's ok document but really one is better off with erowid and this site, I think.

I don't necessarily disagree, but do feel that it is a good 'mainstream' introduction to folks who enjoy psychedelics but may not be as deep into studying the subject as the average member here.

While not everything espoused in the DVD has been scientifically proven, it does give a good overview to those unfamiliar with the experience and presents it in an easily digestible package (for better or for worse).

polytrip
#9 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:09:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Remember_me wrote:
SWIM has started extracting dmt (would i be allowed to say it was me if i started doing it too?) and he was wondering how lightly he should take sharing it with friends. Is it something he should not let people try if he doesnt think their ready for it? Or can he just give it to anyone?

The best thing is to properly inform friends of you, who you think might be interested in DMT, about what it realy is. Only from their response can you tell whether it's something for them or not.

Nitegazer
#10 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:49:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ocean_of_unity wrote:

Aye, but what if the teacher is using the OP as a conduit...

There are a couple of issues related to sharing with friends:

- Be sure they are not on any medications that could negatively interact with DMT (anti-depressants most typically)
- Talk with them about what DMT means to you, and make sure they can respect that. It would be a serious downer to have friends treating what you consider to be a religious sacrement as a party drug.
- Start with real low doses. When I introduced my friends to it, the doses were about 20mg; once I knew they were comfortable with that, I raised it up 5mg.
- As with any drug, be sure the friend can (and do) keep secrets

I have no trouble sharing with friends, but by friend I mean someone I trust, respect and love. I would't share with some social networking buddy.

arcanum
#11 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why would you want to share it with friends? If I was you I'd question my motives first.( you will journey alone anyhows) I could nevertheless imagine a situation where if I'd used it for a long time, and by some circuitus route somebody found me and sincereley asked to try it out ( with me as the sitter, of course) I'd consent. If Salvias still legal in your area, get them to try that out first, at least if it goes "Pear shaped" for them you don't wind up in trouble, and bring unwanted and legitslative attentive to the matter.

ocean_of_unity
#12 Posted : 9/20/2011 1:16:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nitegazer wrote:
ocean_of_unity wrote:

Aye, but what if the teacher is using the OP as a conduit...

There are a couple of issues related to sharing with friends:

- Be sure they are not on any medications that could negatively interact with DMT (anti-depressants most typically)
- Talk with them about what DMT means to you, and make sure they can respect that. It would be a serious downer to have friends treating what you consider to be a religious sacrement as a party drug.
- Start with real low doses. When I introduced my friends to it, the doses were about 20mg; once I knew they were comfortable with that, I raised it up 5mg.
- As with any drug, be sure the friend can (and do) keep secrets

I have no trouble sharing with friends, but by friend I mean someone I trust, respect and love. I would't share with some social networking buddy.

There isn't any logical reason to assume that the op is a conduit of the teacher. That is a hypothetical possibility and nothing more. Considering how powerful DMT is, you need to be considerably more informed before you take the chance of risking a friends mental stability. Just because the op is taking DMT himself doesn't automatically fulfill the criteria to officially declare himself as a conduit.

On the other hand, if one or more of his friends approached him and said, "Hey, have you heard about DMT, I'm really interested in learning more about it", then at that point it is a fair assumption to state that the op is a conduit of the teacher, but not a moment before.

PrimateSphinx
#13 Posted : 9/20/2011 6:57:14 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

SWIM has been extracting DMT for a while now and started doing it first for personal use and second but not less importantly to bring the experience to SWIM's friends. Though SWIM feels that nothing can really truly prepare you for that jump out of your body into hyperspace, swim thinks that they are creating the circumstance for their friends to make that jump and it is up to them to decide whether or not they want to try it or not. Swim thinks that dmt should always be shared and never sold but whoever it is being shared with should at least have a basic description of what they're in for.

You cannot go farther into the bardo than this and return.
__ Terrence McKenna
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

Remember_me
#14 Posted : 9/25/2011 9:59:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry it took so long for me to respond i lost this thread im not used to forums, just found the active thread page lol.

But its almost a group effort to make it with my group of friends. I have been doing the work but everyones been kept up to date. I enjoy making it and it didnt seem like anyone else would have thought to make it. Ive been making it with the help of one kid tho. Anyways i gotta say everyone of them seems like they want to experience it, and know how intense it is. A couple of us smoked salvia when we were on vacation where it was legal a good amount of times and we all LOVED it lol.

Quote:

I dont see it as a religious sacrement right now at all, ive never smoked it, right now it seems like something i need to experience. I have been more focused on making it and not fucking up while all my friends kept saying i cant wait to try dmt. I honestly forgot about actually smoking dmt till a couple of days ago when i realized "ohh yah its gunna be amazing" lol.

I cant wait to see if im gunna be like wow everyone on these forums are right lol, or seeing it the other way around.

d*l*b
#15 Posted : 9/25/2011 12:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The way I share with friends has changed over time. At first I was so excited by the experience that I happily shared it with anyone. I live somewhere where psychedelics are very common, so most were already clued up. Over time though I have noticed that I find some people rather too fiendish with spice and this has led me to apply a new set of rules to sharing.

Earlier in this thread it was said that you should start with low doses. I say the opposite. Nobody will have partial doses from me any more. I think they give people totally the wrong idea. Now I believe that if people aren’t going to take the chance that the experience may be soul destroying and life changing then this is not the chemical for them.

Quote:
It would be a serious downer to have friends treating what you consider to be a religious sacrement as a party drug.

I don’t believe spice is a sacrament, in fact to be honest after over 3 years and hundreds of journeys I still have no clue as to what it is! What I do believe though is that it is an astoundingly powerful tool and should be treated with the respect that any powerful tool should be.
D × V × F > R

Remember_me
#16 Posted : 9/25/2011 10:52:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
The way I share with friends has changed over time. At first I was so excited by the experience that I happily shared it with anyone. I live somewhere where psychedelics are very common, so most were already clued up.

yah its exactly the same here everyone in my high school (Im in college now) knows what dmt is, well the kids ill see at parties anyways. So yah i guess im gunna have to see how it goes around me.

Quote:

Earlier in this thread it was said that you should start with low doses. I say the opposite. Nobody will have partial doses from me any more. I think they give people totally the wrong idea. Now I believe that if people aren’t going to take the chance that the experience may be soul destroying and life changing then this is not the chemical for them.

This sounds like how we were with salvia, one kid wanted to do a little and we wouldnt let him. And we wouldnt let him sit in the same room when we did it if he wasnt gunna do it so he could just laugh lmao Cool .

He was one of those kids who would pretend like they hit the bowl and say wow this is amazing.

MeatMachine
#17 Posted : 9/26/2011 1:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:

I agree with this but for a different reason. My first hit was intended to be a small dose but completely knocked my socks off- I took a couple of much smaller hits afterwards and found it quite uncomfortable where I wasn't wholly acquainted with the feeling of DMT.

I am glad I had enough to send me reeling through the palace the first time, because it showed me what DMT is capable of- if I'd started off with the slightly odd-feeling lower doses I think I'd have been much less impressed, and possibly inclined to not persue the drug further.