We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
The Balloon: A very useful tip for my entheo-comrades Options

Simon Jester
#61 Posted : 9/23/2011 7:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Or, y'know... just take some LSD a few hours prior, and use your mind rockets to stay in hyperspace.

And/or SMOALK MOAR

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hyperspace Fool
#62 Posted : 9/23/2011 9:27:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Simon Jester wrote:
Or, y'know... just take some LSD a few hours prior, and use your mind rockets to stay in hyperspace.

And/or SMOALK MOAR

Or do all of the above, throw some other mind fuels into the tank as well... and then use a balloon on top of that.

Wink
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tele
#63 Posted : 9/23/2011 9:31:38 AM
Explorer

HF:

How is your bulb pipe made? If you claim it works as well as GVG, can you give instructions how to make one? I think it could help some people who can't afford more expensive tools.

Hyperspace Fool
#64 Posted : 9/23/2011 10:16:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
HF:

How is your bulb pipe made? If you claim it works as well as GVG, can you give instructions how to make one? I think it could help some people who can't afford more expensive tools.

Any device will only work as well as the person using it's technique. That said, making a homemade bulb pipe might be tricky. The one SWIM has is a large Vapor Ball. It can be found at a headshop for next to nothing. This one was like 15 bucks. I have seen smaller ones that were going for like 8. These things require a bit of a feel for how long and how directly under the spice you should apply your heat source, but once you know how they work, they can be remarkably efficient. Heating near the spice and using airflow to achieve convection is the ultimate. Have somewhere handy to put the thing down though. You don't want to burn yourself with the heated glass. Same goes for the classic meth or crack pipe.

If you wanna go DIY, there is the Inspirator concept. Designs for it are up here on the Nexus. https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8985 Made well, it can be very effective, though it will be hard to match the GVG with that one unless you have the ceramic fibers. Still, even with just rolled up screens it does work pretty well.

With enough screens, a thick enough bed of ash, and holding the lighter just far enough away from the bowl, you can get extremely effective vapes from any old pipe. (NOTE - I don't want to debate this with any VG diehards)

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Lichen
#65 Posted : 10/16/2011 2:31:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Hyperspace fool, could this be perhaps a good way to introduce a friend or partner to spice; someone who is not used to smoking devices?
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Hyperspace Fool
#66 Posted : 10/16/2011 8:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

freeradicals wrote:
Greetings Hyperspace fool, could this be perhaps a good way to introduce a friend or partner to spice; someone who is not used to smoking devices?

Absolutely.

People who don't know how to smoke (not everyone was a stoner as a youth), people with limited ability to hold their breath... all sorts of people could benefit from this simple technique.

If SWIM were trying to spice out his grandma, he might consider vaping the spice himself, and immediately breathing out into the balloon. A few quick puffs and factoring in the absorbtion into his lungs, and it shouldn't be too difficult to get 15-30 mgs into a balloon. (depending on how far you want the person to go)

The more concentrated the vapor the better. Ideally the person should be able to take the full amount into their lungs, hold for as long as comfortable... breathe back into the balloon, pinch the neck. Take a few breaths of fresh air, and repeat until they don't feel the balloon is giving up any more goods. (or they're too frickin' high to care)

If someone has the Volcano™ vaporizer, the balloon/bag system on that sucker can be ideal. It has a valve that only lets vapor in or out when the thing is pressed to one's lips. Thus, there is no danger of letting go of a balloon or it leaking while one flies. The vaporizer itself seems tricky to vape spice in, but if one fiddles with the temps, and has a sufficient bed of ash, some extra screens, and a bit of spice to waste... one can manage to get it to work. (never seen any really efficient spicing from an automatic vaporizer) Changa can work better, but even then, not as well as just puffing it in a pipe.

A ghetto version of the volcano bag can be made by simply taking a bag-in-a-box style beverage container (wine box, apple juice whatever) that has a little plastic tap on a plastic bag. Remove said device from its cardboard box (or whatever), rinse it out... and voilà! You have a bag you can fill with vapor, gas, smoke or whatever that will only let ur sacred smoalk in or out when the little button is depressed. Remarkably effective.

[I may add this tip to the OP]

finding0
#67 Posted : 10/17/2011 5:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I prefer using a condom. A lot less pressure. Much easier to inhale and exhale
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

tryptographer
#68 Posted : 10/17/2011 8:25:16 PM

tryptamine photographer

Like you, Hyperspace Fool, I hold my breath extremely long but yes, who knows how much still escapes - especially with big hits. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out not with a balloon or condom but a plastic garbage bag that has virtually no pressure (in Dutch: 'pedaalemmerzak' , impossible to translate Laughing )

I can't afford a GVG, the most efficient method I know is a simple test tube and thin glass tube. The trick is to hold it in a rather large candle flame, not above it nut right in the middle where heat is low and uniform - it will get sooty - and suck hard so that the incoming turbulent air cools the tube and burning is prevented. No burning and no chasing!

Thanks for your input HF, it's appreciated.

Mindlusion
#69 Posted : 10/17/2011 11:40:01 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

tryptographer wrote:
Like you, Hyperspace Fool, I hold my breath extremely long but yes, who knows how much still escapes - especially with big hits. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out not with a balloon or condom but a plastic garbage bag that has virtually no pressure (in Dutch: 'pedaalemmerzak' , impossible to translate Laughing )

I can't afford a GVG, the most efficient method I know is a simple test tube and thin glass tube. The trick is to hold it in a rather large candle flame, not above it nut right in the middle where heat is low and uniform - it will get sooty - and suck hard so that the incoming turbulent air cools the tube and burning is prevented. No burning and no chasing!

Thanks for your input HF, it's appreciated.

Good idea, Ive tried the test tube method with a butane torch, but with poor results due to the convective heat transfer characteristic of molten DMT, (fluid DMT moves to colder places in the tube) Which makes smoking DMT this method much more difficult compared to other substances.

I will try your method, except using a low heat alcohol lamp instead of a candle, (Yuck soot, Very happy)
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

«PREV234