We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The Balloon: A very useful tip for my entheo-comrades Options

Hyperspace Fool
#21 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
If you have a technique that results in a loss of 40-60% of your dose, I’d suggest you work on improving your technique. And if you can’t or won’t improve your technique, then increase your dose by a percentage sufficient to counter the loss. Simple!

I don't feel attacked. This might sound more defensive than I mean it... that goes with the territory of written forum posting.

But I must say GB2, you really need to read what I wrote rather than harp on a ridiculous concept that SWIM is losing 40% of his dose. In fact, what I have said is the exact opposite of that. I am saying that SWIM conserves 10 or 15 mg on every dose. If you think that simply adding more to your dose is comparable to not needing as much spice in the first place... I am hard pressed to see any logic in that.

You know what is really simple? Try using a balloon before bashing it. Or not... whatever.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#22 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:12:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I find the concept of a balloon to be a little confusing...if there's no vapor exiting my mouth, how could the balloon catch it and increase the amount I've taken in?

Look at it like this...you say you can decrease your dose by 10-15 mg...I'm not sure what dose that takes it down to for you...but say that's a 25mg dose. That means there is only 25mg to be inhaled at most. If I inhale that 25mg dose and exhale no vapor, it's safe to say that 25mg was inhaled. If I inhale that dose and release a cloud of vapor, catch it in a balloon, and re-inhale, that's still only 25mg of vapor taken in at most.

This is why I personally see no need for a balloon, given the lack of exhaled vapor produced through my technique. I'm not knocking yours...to each their own...just sharing my perspective.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

tele
#23 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:15:32 PM
Explorer

I just wonder, if at least I get to the state of "no more DMT" with 20-25 mg of spice from the GVG in single inhalation, and even couldn't imagine doing anything else besides putting the pipe down... Is the balloon tecnique to get more DMT into one's blood for the breakthrough or just to conserve it and inhale it after the breakthrough?
Because at least I just wouldn't care for 5-10mg after or before going to the breakthrough off a 20-25mg in single inhalation from the genie.
And usually it's only minimal or no vapor at all during the exhalation, so I too, wonder how no visible vapor can increase your DMT in your bloodstream

Hyperspace Fool
#24 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:18:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I find the concept of a balloon to be a little confusing...if there's no vapor exiting my mouth, how could the balloon catch it and increase the amount I've taken in?

Look at it like this...you say you can decrease your dose by 10-15 mg...I'm not sure what dose that takes it down to for you...but say that's a 25mg dose. That means there is only 25mg to be inhaled at most. If I inhale that 25mg dose and exhale no vapor, it's safe to say that 25mg was inhaled. If I inhale that dose and release a cloud of vapor, catch it in a balloon, and re-inhale, that's still only 25mg of vapor taken in at most.

This is why I personally see no need for a balloon, given the lack of exhaled vapor produced through my technique. I'm not knocking yours...to each their own...just sharing my perspective.

Easy Snozz... to each their own. Different strokes and all that.

Thing about vapor is that you don't see it very well. You can exhale and see next to nothing and still be letting alks go. Unless people here are holding their hits for over a minute... I guarantee you that you are wasting spice. The lungs are only so efficient.

Besides, even if you are the person who can snap 50mgs in a single toke, hold it for 90 seconds and exhale nothing... there are STILL benefits to the balloon. Not the least of which being that you can take hits from multiple sources of flight fuel and mix them together.

All of you who are talking about this being unnecessary I dare you try the method I articulated above:

Take a sub threshold hit of spice... exhale it into a balloon. Take a full hit of N20 and exhale that into a balloon. Take another sub-threshold hit of spice and exhale that into your balloon. Then nurse that baby all the way to nirvana.

Until you do this one time... you have no idea what you are missing.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tele
#25 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:21:34 PM
Explorer

Combining DMT and n20... Oh well... Isn't it spectacular enough by itself?

Hyperspace Fool
#26 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
I just wonder, if at least I get to the state of "no more DMT" with 20-25 mg of spice from the GVG in single inhalation, and even couldn't imagine doing anything else besides putting the pipe down... Is the balloon tecnique to get more DMT into one's blood for the breakthrough or just to conserve it and inhale it after the breakthrough?
Because at least I just wouldn't care for 5-10mg after or before going to the breakthrough off a 20-25mg in single inhalation from the genie.
And usually it's only minimal or no vapor at all during the exhalation, so I too, wonder how no visible vapor can increase your DMT in your bloodstream

To make it a bit more clear, this is NOT about getting more DMT into the bloodstream for take-off. That is easy enough with any smoalking tool. What this is about is being able to have a source of vapor in your hands that doesn't require using a lighter so that after your first peak, you can go for a second, third, fourth or fifth peak before coming down.

People... you don't have to understand it. Just try it once and then you can talk.

It is much easier to hit a balloon while cresting a peak than to try and load up a new GVG hit or cash out a half taken bowl. Trust me.

tele
#27 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:30:33 PM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

To make it a bit more clear, this is NOT about getting more DMT into the bloodstream for take-off. That is easy enough with any smoalking tool. What this is about is being able to have a source of vapor in your hands that doesn't require using a lighter so that after your first peak, you can go for a second, third, fourth or fifth peak before coming down.

People... you don't have to understand it. Just try it once and then you can talk.

It is much easier to hit a balloon while cresting a peak than to try and load up a new GVG hit or cash out a half taken bowl. Trust me.

OK I agree it's easier. But does the balloon actually have enough in it to produce another peak after the first one is wearing off? How much the balloon actually has inside after let's say 25mg dose? 3-5 peaks after the intial one? Isn't that very much of DMT in the balloon then? Even if one "recycles" it?

Personally for me the DMT peak is so intense that looking for another one directly after the first one is really weird for me.
I usually wait at least 15-30minutes before another one, if I feel like doing it again.

I guess this technique is then for someone who's anxious to get back to hyperspace ASAP?

Hyperspace Fool
#28 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Combining DMT and n20... Oh well... Isn't it spectacular enough by itself?

It is beyond spectacular. Mind numbingly, jaw droppingly, drool worthy wonderous...

Still, that changes nothing. The nitrous is dissociative. It changes the whole character of the flash, and gives you a bit of distance from the hyperspace entities with which you can observe them and interact with them without having them completely envelop you with every unflolding of their miraculous forms.

Adding a dash of N20 to a spice flash while already on another potentiator like harmalas or cubensis is not for the faint of heart. This is an ADVANCED technique.

If you still get pre-flight anxiety from a plain bowl of spice... better you leave this one alone.

Though, having said that... a healthy dose of dissociation might cure your anxiety completely.

Pleased

tele
#29 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:34:16 PM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

If you still get pre-flight anxiety from a plain bowl of spice... better you leave this one alone.

I leave anything alone that doesn't come from the plants anyway, and pre-flight anxiety isn't a problem for me.

Hyperspace Fool
#30 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:37:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

OK I agree it's easier. But does the balloon actually have enough in it to produce another peak after the first one is wearing off? How much the balloon actually has inside after let's say 25mg dose? 3-5 peaks after the intial one? Isn't that very much of DMT in the balloon then? Even if one "recycles" it?

Personally for me the DMT peak is so intense that looking for another one directly after the first one is really weird for me.
I usually wait at least 15-30minutes before another one, if I feel like doing it again.

I guess this technique is then for someone who's anxious to get back to hyperspace ASAP?

Not necessarily. It is for someone who wants to stay there longer.

This is a tool for those who feel a sense of loss when they begin to notice they are coming down, and wish they could stay a few minutes longer in paradise.

Clearly, this isn't everyone. Most people are happy as hell to come back home. If, though, you are one of the rare breed who might enjoy a spice multiple orgasm... heheheh. This balloon's for you.

You can easily fill the balloon with as much vapor as you like. You just toke and blow, toke and blow until the balloon is well stocked. A good balloon can hold more vapor than you are ever likely to need.

All you speculators and eye rollers... you confident ass titans of the spice ROAs... just try it. If you doubt that your exhales will be enough, then put MOAR into the balloon. The technique is golden.

When you are sitting on cloud 9 and it begins to droop into cloud 7 and you bring a balloon full of goodness to your lips and jump instead to cloud 13... you will thank me.

SnozzleBerry
#31 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:38:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I'm quite "easy" (and pointed out "to each their own" as well Pleased)...no need to get your hackles raised, it's all love on this end Very happy

Just sharing my perspective given the method I use and the lack of vapor exhaled...additionally it would be very difficult for me to fiddle with a balloon after my hit (might not even know what a balloon is)...that's all.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#32 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

We must experience DMT breakthroughs very differently. Generally, when I break through, I leave my body behind. I am fully immersed in a new reality, and I am disembodied.

So explain to me how I’m going to hit a balloon while “cresting a peak”? When I’m “cresting a peak”, I have no hands, no mouth, no lungs and no balloons at my side. What good will a balloon do sitting next to my motionless unresponsive body back on planet Earth?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

gibran2
#33 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:52:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

If you don’t get some pre-flight anxiety, then you probably aren’t going very deep.

Pre-flight anxiety is natural and normal for those of us to choose to travel deeply.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#34 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:53:50 PM
Explorer

I find taking sublingual harmalas to be quite enough to lenghten the experience...

However if one feels like he/she wants to stay in there longer, isn't it equally good to ride out the first journey and then if necessary, load another pipe? Or is there a "risk" that you won't go to the same place?

SnozzleBerry
#35 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:02:18 PM

omnia sunt communia!

gibran2 wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

If you don’t get some pre-flight anxiety, then you probably aren’t going very deep.

Pre-flight anxiety is natural and normal for those of us to choose to travel deeply.

Gotta agree with this...the initial statement really rubbed me the wrong way.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#36 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
It is for someone who wants to stay there longer.

This is a tool for those who feel a sense of loss when they begin to notice they are coming down, and wish they could stay a few minutes longer in paradise.

First of all, for me deep breakthroughs have a timeless quality to them. Ten minutes here is expanded to what could be many hours there. But if extending an experience is a primary objective, then why not just take a DMT-heavy dose of aya or pharma? No balloons necessary, and you’ll be “there” for several hours at least.

Finally, in my experience, after a deep breakthrough there is never a sense of loss. There is a sense of joy and love and gratitude which can sustain me for weeks. If your experiences leave you wanting more before you’re even fully back, then maybe you should reflect on why you’re having such unsatisfactory experiences.

Hyperspace Fool
#37 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

We must experience DMT breakthroughs very differently. Generally, when I break through, I leave my body behind. I am fully immersed in a new reality, and I am disembodied.

So explain to me how I’m going to hit a balloon while “cresting a peak”? When I’m “cresting a peak”, I have no hands, no mouth, no lungs and no balloons at my side. What good will a balloon do sitting next to my motionless unresponsive body back on planet Earth?

I suppose everyone is different.

SWIM has a lot of experience being out of his body. (not just from spice, but from lucid dreaming, astral projection, deep meditation etc.) He is fully able to maintain an awareness of both his discorporeal form as well as his actual body if he so chooses. He can be aware of various forms in various dream worlds seperated in time, space, dimensional frequency... etc. Simply "whiting out" is not what he considers "deep."

During the peak, there is no question of taking more. It is after the crest of the peak when one notices a diminishing in the intensity, that one can reflexively bring a balloon to lip and jump up another level or three.

Of course, SWIM might be an exception in this matter as he can tell himself to hold the balloon, travel away and still have the balloon in hand when he returns to awareness of that hand.

He also can hold a beer while falling asleep without dropping it, though.

Additionally, when one is breaking through from a pre-potentiated state, there is much less of this complete blacking out thing, anyway. It is a much gentler and shorter jump from aya land to vaped spice peaking or whatever.

SWIM has no pre-flight anxiety whatsoever. He had some mild anxiety back when he was a noob. But it has been at least 15 years since he had anything of the sort.

Anyway, since those of you commenting here seem more intent to puff up your sense of how perfect and awesome your current techniques are, and seem unwiling to even contemplate trying this method... I guess I wasted my time. There are certainly a number of very worthy uses of balloons in this regard, but I am not a proselytizer.

You don't wanna give it a try? Don't. No worries.

Be well y'all...

Hyperspace Fool
#38 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:28:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:
It is for someone who wants to stay there longer.

First of all, for me deep breakthroughs have a timeless quality to them. Ten minutes here is expanded to what could be many hours there. But if extending an experience is a primary objective, then why not just take a DMT-heavy dose of aya or pharma? No balloons necessary, and you’ll be “there” for several hours at least.

Finally, in my experience, after a deep breakthrough there is never a sense of loss. There is a sense of joy and love and gratitude which can sustain me for weeks. If your experiences leave you wanting more before you’re even fully back, then maybe you should reflect on why you’re having such unsatisfactory experiences.

Man G... you are a very judgemental kinda guy.

Every response from you is a negative "down the nose looking" judgement on SWIM and his experience.

You don't see a use for the balloon... got it. You don't need to say that because someone else enjoys having a multi peak experience that can only be gotten by the balloon method that his experiences are "unsatisfactory."

Get off your high horse dude.

The loss to which I refer is merely a loss in height and intensity. SWIM is perfectly content with his normal life, and doesn't regret coming down when it is time. If you have ever hang glided, you might have the experience of wanting to thermal back up and extend your flight... this is not a disappointment with coming down or landing. It is just a desire to keep flying at those altitudes for a while longer.

Your advices to take pharma or smoalk moar are kneejerk and counter productive IMO. Do you really think that I don't know about ayahuasca... I only mentioned the fact of ALREADY BEING ON IT 3 or 4 times in this thread.

Perhaps you can ask the entities to help you with your overbearing ego at some point?

No. Sorry. I don't mean to reflect smugness back at you. It isn't all that nice coming in this direction, so I will take that back and refrain from turning this into some kind of one-upsmanship.

You are completely perfect in whatever you do vis a vis spice. You need no tips or advice. Forget about my silly balloon method... you are already beyond it.

Blessings be eternally upon you my friend. Sincerely.

tele
#39 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:54:39 PM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

SWIM has no pre-flight anxiety whatsoever. He had some mild anxiety back when he was a noob. But it has been at least 15 years since he had anything of the sort.

How do you know how he feels before blasting off if it's someone who isn't you?Wink

I think pre-flight anxiety is healthy but I don't have problem with it even if I get it sometimes...

BTW, that post above is much more down the nose looking than the gibran's post where he mentions his journeys have timeless quality to them...

Quote:
Perhaps you can ask the entities to help you with your overbearing ego at some point?

DUDE, perhaps you should re-evaluate who here is being egoistical? I'd show the man some respect as he's one of the most helpful persons on this board!

gibran2
#40 Posted : 9/19/2011 5:55:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Man G... you are a very judgemental kinda guy.

Every response from you is a negative "down the nose looking" judgement on SWIM and his experience.

You don't see a use for the balloon... got it. You don't need to say that because someone else enjoys having a multi peak experience that can only be gotten by the balloon method that his experiences are "unsatisfactory."

Get off your high horse dude.

The loss to which I refer is merely a loss in height and intensity. SWIM is perfectly content with his normal life, and doesn't regret coming down when it is time. If you have ever hang glided, you might have the experience of wanting to thermal back up and extend your flight... this is not a disappointment with coming down or landing. It is just a desire to keep flying at those altitudes for a while longer.

Your advices to take pharma or smoalk moar are kneejerk and counter productive IMO. Do you really think that I don't know about ayahuasca... I only mentioned the fact of ALREADY BEING ON IT 3 or 4 times in this thread.

No. Sorry. I don't mean to reflect smugness back at you. It isn't all that nice coming in this direction, so I will take that back and refrain from turning this into some kind of one-upsmanship.

You are completely perfect in whatever you do vis a vis spice. You need no tips or advice. Forget about my silly balloon method... you are already beyond it.

Blessings be eternally upon you my friend. Sincerely.

I’m sorry that you took what I had to say the wrong way.

I’ll be the first to admit that DMT and all it has to offer is a mystery – a deep mystery – and I don’t claim to know what is best for anyone (myself included!) with respect to DMT or anything else. I was simply sharing what my experience with DMT has been. You’ll notice I was careful to include phrases such as “for me” or “in my experience”.

By definition you were/are not satisfied by some of the experiences you’ve had. If there is a desire to immediately go back, then by definition you are not sated. You want more. I’m quite familiar with that feeling. In stating this I’m not judging you. I’m simply pointing out what is a fact: If you engage in an experience and are fully satisfied at the conclusion of the experience, you will not immediately seek out the experience again.

You mentioned orgasms and multiple orgasms in some of your posts – even with actual orgasms, there is a physiological refractory period where one is satisfied and does not feel the need to immediately have another orgasm. When one eats a fine meal, there is a sense of satiety – a period of satisfaction where one does not feel the need to immediately consume more food. After watching a good movie, one is often satisfied and doesn’t feel the need to immediately watch it again. So whether it’s sex, or hang gliding, or eating, or DMT usage, when one is fully satisfied with the experience there is, by definition, no desire to immediately repeat the experience.

In my experience, it is possible to have DMT experiences which leave me sated. There is no desire to immediately go back or to extend the experience in any way. In fact, to go back after such an experience would diminish it. These experiences are what I call breakthroughs.

PREV1234NEXT