We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Balloon: A very useful tip for my entheo-comrades Options

Hyperspace Fool
#1 Posted : 9/19/2011 10:57:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, one of the main reasons I stopped lurking here as an incognito sponge and jumped into the fray, was to share some of the little tidbits of gold I have mined along a long and winding road through Wonderland.

Today I feel compelled to share one of the most useful secrets when judged on an ease of use vs. amount of gain ratio.

HAVE A GOOD BALLOON next to you when you vape or inhale anything you think is valuable.

This seems kind of silly and superfluous. Many of you will chortle or otherwise express your condescension. But, I must say, in no uncertain terms, that this will surely aid you in your journeys.

The basic idea is this. No matter how long you can hold your breath, you WILL inevitably be exhaling some useful and unabsorbed alks. Simply blow your exhales into your trusty balloon and keep them handy. This can also allow you to continue pulling on your instrument until it is actually finished giving up the goods instead of wafting away as you deal with the first lungfull. Then, when the heat vaporizing is all taken care of, you can continue to inhale off your balloon. Hold as long as possible. Exhale back into the balloon and take some deep breaths... repeat.

This can be done all throughout your time in Hyperspace as well, and SWIM tells me it can give a number of smaller peaks and extend the experience noticeably. Combine this with other potentiators like harmalas or other such things and the results can be stupendous.

SWIM has learned to perform some amazing feats of flow control, like inhaling and exhaling fresh air through the nose while still holding the balloon full with pressure from the mouth... as well as super cosmic variations on circular breathing.

A neat trick is to take a good puff of spice (just under breakthrough), exhale into your balloon. Take a full hit of nitrous, exhale into the same balloon. Take a smaller "bucket tipping" toke of spice, exhale into the balloon. Now, nurse your mixed spice/nitrous exhale balloon into nirvana.

Sure, there is a diminishing returns effect. But the extension of materials is profound.

People talk a lot about specific dosages to achieve whatever results they are shooting for. Without a trusty balloon, I'm nearly 100% sure they have never absorbed the entire amount they set out to vape, and as such their doses are rather high from SWIM's point of view.

There is also this concept that people need 3 tokes in succession to get through the veil. SWIM always was able to make the leap to hyperspace in a single inhale. Chalk it up to good lungs (years of internal arts) and a ridiculous tenacity in holding the vapor in his lungs. Smaller pipes seem to be better in that less of the spice condenses onto the pipe itself.

Naturally, the balloon will have some condensation issues as well. Long sessions will end in a very indole flavored drip. Nonetheless, the amount of alks that one can absorb with this tool will probably surprise you. Serious extractors probably don't need to conserve, but the spice is sooooo sacred & holy that anything which can be done so easily to mitigate waste and allow more people to visit our future-fabulous, divinity-chic friends in their folding rooms of aesthetic glory...

There is also this frequently cited idea that the tolerance to DMT builds so fast that anything not absorbed in 90 seconds gets wasted. While there may be something to this on a purely pharmacological basis... SWIM's anecdotal experiences show that he can keep getting fine results from direct and indirect spice vapor for as long as he cares to. All night vape sessions are possible without any increase in dosage... in fact, a marked reduction for 2nd & 3rd entries is noted. Naturally, this is made vastly easier with the use of potentiating substances.

Feel free to comment. And, yes... anything inhalable can be extended in this manner. Your neighbors might think you've begun training for work as a "balloon animal" clown.

Pleased Enjoy, and always approach the spice with a clean heart & a mind ready to be blown.

Addendum: :idea:

If someone has the Volcano™ vaporizer, the balloon/bag system on that sucker can be ideal. It has a valve that only lets vapor in or out when the thing is pressed to one's lips. Thus, there is no danger of letting go of a balloon or it leaking while one flies. The vaporizer itself seems tricky to vape spice in, but if one fiddles with the temps, and has a sufficient bed of ash, some extra screens, and a bit of spice to waste... one can manage to get it to work. (never seen any really efficient spicing from an automatic vaporizer) Changa can work better, but even then, not as well as just puffing it in a pipe.

A ghetto version of the volcano bag can be made by simply taking a bag-in-a-box style beverage container (wine box, apple juice whatever) that has a little plastic tap on a plastic bag. Remove said device from its cardboard box (or whatever), rinse it out... and voilà! You have a bag you can fill with vapor, gas, smoke or whatever that will only let ur sacred smoalk in or out when the little button is depressed. Remarkably effective.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

neverwas
#2 Posted : 9/19/2011 11:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a really good idea. I'm going to try that for sure. Thank you for sharing.
My name is love, for I am without fear

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 9/19/2011 12:11:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

just remember that you need FRESH air to live while in hyperspace...dont want to be causing any brain damage for a few extra peaks Pleased
it's a sound

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 9/19/2011 2:00:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
just remember that you need FRESH air to live while in hyperspace...dont want to be causing any brain damage for a few extra peaks Pleased

Naturally. Pretty sure I mentioned that you need to breathe fresh air in between.

The beauty of the balloon is that if you get too far away, you will be unable to continue to breathe in or out of it. Many people let the thing go completely in their astonishment and only realize this after the fact. Heheheh. "Gosh, I wondered what that flabbering sound was..."

At any rate, it would be RATHER difficult to reduce your oxygen supply enough (and for a long enough time) that brain damage could even factor into it. If people are really concerned with lack of oxygen issues, I recommend using GABA or Piracetam for their brain protecting effects. It is standard practice in many places to administer one or the other to people who have been drowning or otherwise asphyxiating because it can double the amount of time the brain can go without O2 before causing any permanent brain damage.

Still, (Disclaimer Alert)... do not be stupid. Anyone out there who wants to play with the balloon method should make sure to adequately oxygenate themselves. You have been warned.

SWIM likes to hyperventilate before inhaling anything he wants to hold for a long time. You'd be surprised how much that extra 20 seconds of holding can do.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

gibran2
#5 Posted : 9/19/2011 2:41:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Once you perfect your technique with the GVG, adding a balloon wouldn’t help much:

It is quite easy to inhale a full dose with the GVG in a single breath. Holding the dose is also easy. Usually when I exhale, there is very little vapor remaining. By the time I exhale, the journey has already begun, so I can’t imagine trying to play around with a balloon at that point.

Unless you’re holding a hit in for a very short period of time (let’s say under 4 seconds), a balloon really isn’t going to recover much vapor anyhow – DMT is rapidly absorbed. Even when you see “smoke” in your exhalation, there’s actually very little there – probably less than a milligram is my guess. So it’s an interesting idea, but an unnecessary complication to a process that’s already overly-complicated for many people. In general, efficiency is gained by simplifying a process, not by adding additional steps.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:14:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Once you perfect your technique with the GVG, adding a balloon wouldn’t help much:

It is quite easy to inhale a full dose with the GVG in a single breath. Holding the dose is also easy. Usually when I exhale, there is very little vapor remaining. By the time I exhale, the journey has already begun, so I can’t imagine trying to play around with a balloon at that point.

Unless you’re holding a hit in for a very short period of time (let’s say under 4 seconds), a balloon really isn’t going to recover much vapor anyhow – DMT is rapidly absorbed. Even when you see “smoke” in your exhalation, there’s actually very little there – probably less than a milligram is my guess. So it’s an interesting idea, but an unnecessary complication to a process that’s already overly-complicated for many people. In general, efficiency is gained by simplifying a process, not by adding additional steps.

I feel you gb2, but I think you would be surprised at how much is left in your exhale.

SWIM's technique is flawless, and like I said... He has always broken through on a single hit. I imagine that his efficiency with any old pipe laying around the house is superior to many people's with GVG's or bulb crack pipes. Plus, he can hold his breath a ridiculously long time.

And even still, there is a VERY noticeable bump from the balloon. Your speculation of less than a mg wasted runs very much counter to SWIM's anecdotal experience. Further evidence lies in the smaller doses needed to get the same effect. SWIM can shave 10 to 15mg from his normal dose with a balloon. People who rush to take 3 tokes to break through are easily wasting half of their spice.

If people find vaping spice to be complicated, then perhaps adding a balloon is not a good idea for them. When they are more experienced and comfortable, however... I think they will find that holding a balloon between two fingers of their off hand requires almost no effort.

Besides, without a balloon, mixing different vapours together in one lungful is far MORE complicated.

This is an advanced technique. Beginners shouldn't bother with it. However, if you have never had a multi-peak spice hit... you just might wanna give it a shot before judging it. Having a single orgasm is great... many people can't achieve that either. But if you've had a multiple O, you know there are higher places to be surmounted.

proto-pax
#7 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:17:11 PM

bird-brain

I can imagine the pressure of the air trying to escape the balloon versus the pressure my lungs could produce wouldn't be THAT much of a challenge, but when I'm rocketing into hyperspace things may be a bit different....
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Hyperspace Fool
#8 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:28:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
I can imagine the pressure of the air trying to escape the balloon versus the pressure my lungs could produce wouldn't be THAT much of a challenge, but when I'm rocketing into hyperspace things may be a bit different....

Perhaps it should be noted that standard balloon technique is to exhale quickly into the balloon and then pinch the neck with two fingers. You do not need to use any lung pressure to maintain the balloon, and if the balloon is not brand spanking new, it should inflate with only a tiny bit more pressure than your normal exhale. The focusing of the stream into the balloon alone increases the pressure.

Again, this technique is only really for people who are already comfortable rocketing into Hyperspace. The average person certainly doesn't need any extra peaks in what is already an earth shattering event.

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:32:19 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
I imagine that his efficiency with any old pipe laying around the house is superior to many people's with GVG's

I'm highly skeptical of this.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

endlessness
#10 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have a GVG, Hyperspace Fool?

gibran2
#11 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:45:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking efficiency is a product of both smoking technique and smoking device.

An inexperienced smoker with inefficient technique will not get good results, even with the GVG. But a smoker with excellent technique will get better results with a GVG than with “any old pipe laying around the house”.

It’s reasonable to say that for any given person, regardless of their smoking proficiency, their overall smoking efficiency will be better with a more efficient smoking device than it will with a less efficient smoking device.

Finally, when one exhales and sees no smoke whatsoever, I think it’s reasonable to assume that the dose has been fully absorbed. And even if a few milligrams are lost due to premature exhalation, this can be countered by a corresponding increase in the dose size.

If you’re losing 10-15mg due to premature exhalation, then there’s something very wrong with your technique: 10-15mg represents 40-60% of a dose.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Hyperspace Fool
#12 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Do you have a GVG, Hyperspace Fool?

A close friend has one with carrying case. SWIM is very familiar with the joys of the GVG.

SWIM has played with many glass vaporizers though, and actually prefers his bulb & straw style vapor ball. It was only 15 bucks and gives equal quality vaporization without the need for any copper mesh or screens whatsoever.

I must say though that I don't see what all the fuss is about. Any pipe filled with 5 screens (pre-torched) a bed of ashes between and above them, and a bic lighter held about 3/4 of an inch from the bowl will suffice just fine for vaporizing DMT completely.

SWIM has never misfired once in over 20 years.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ask if you have because having tried a couple of times from a friend is not the same as having truely learned how to use it. Did you use it with a torch lighter? Was there a scrub on the bottom to prevent it from melting? What dosage did you use?

tele
#14 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:51:53 PM
Explorer

I've found it's unnecessary to do anything except take one big hit from the dose one has loaded into GVG+copper mesh. I simply couldn't imagine looking to get more dmt inside me after full single hit of 25mg from the GVG, not from the balloon and not from the pipe(it's empty anyway)... Heck, if sometimes 5mg is lost, that's not a problem after the GVG journey.

Quote:
SWIM has played with many glass vaporizers though, and actually prefers his bulb & straw style vapor ball. It was only 15 bucks and gives equal quality vaporization without the need for any copper mesh or screens whatsoever.

I must say though that I don't see what all the fuss is about. Any pipe filled with 5 screens (pre-torched) a bed of ashes between and above them, and a bic lighter held about 3/4 of an inch from the bowl will suffice just fine for vaporizing DMT completely.

DUDE, it seems like you should give the GVG at least couple more times before claiming that BULB gives equal quality of vaporization as the GVG! Ease of temperature adjustment, look and space for the vapor to fill the pipe etc.

Hyperspace Fool
#15 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:53:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Smoking efficiency is a product of both smoking technique and smoking device.

An inexperienced smoker with inefficient technique will not get good results, even with the GVG. But a smoker with excellent technique will get better results with a GVG than with “any old pipe laying around the house”.

It’s reasonable to say that for any given person, regardless of their smoking proficiency, their overall smoking efficiency will be better with a more efficient smoking device than it will with a less efficient smoking device.

Finally, when one exhales and sees no smoke whatsoever, I think it’s reasonable to assume that the dose has been fully absorbed. And even if a few milligrams are lost due to premature exhalation, this can be countered by a corresponding increase in the dose size.

If you’re losing 10-15mg due to premature exhalation, then there’s something very wrong with your technique: 10-15mg represents 40-60% of a dose.

You misunderstand me. I didn't say SWIM loses 10-15 mg per dose. I said that he can achieve the same level with 10-15 mg less by reusing his exhales with a balloon. He gets 50mg effects from 35mg. TBH he can break through easily with 20 or less.

I understand that you are all enamored with your GVGs. Great. I love the Sherlock design myself.

But recognize this... some of us have been getting deep into Hyperspace for decades before that piece of paraphenalia was ever invented.

Hyperspace Fool
#16 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I ask if you have because having tried a couple of times from a friend is not the same as having truely learned how to use it. Did you use it with a torch lighter? Was there a scrub on the bottom to prevent it from melting? What dosage did you use?

Heheheh.

No offense endlessness. Please don't take this the wrong way, as I mean it in the friendliest manner and have a lot of respect for you personally.

But I am no idiot. My nome de plume may have the word fool in it, but I mean that in the sense of the Hyperspace Halequins rather than someone who doesn't know how to handle a torch.

Do you really think your GVGs are so complicated? Please.

The highest SWIM has ever gotten from spice was from a tiny glass chillum.

I respect that most of you doubt the worth of a balloon. Fine. But you are all speculating.

Try it one time with some gusto and THEN tell me how worthless it is. I am relatively sure that my SWIM has been hanging out in Hyperspace before some of you were even born.

gibran2
#17 Posted : 9/19/2011 3:58:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rather than make this a thread about the wonders of the GVG, I’ll return to the original topic:

If some users enjoy adding a balloon to their smoking ritual, that’s fine. But it’s not the easiest way to increase the amount of DMT one gets into the blood stream. The easiest way to get more DMT into your system is to take a larger dose.

If you have a technique that results in a loss of 40-60% of your dose, I’d suggest you work on improving your technique. And if you can’t or won’t improve your technique, then increase your dose by a percentage sufficient to counter the loss. Simple!

endlessness
#18 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:00:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool, if many of us are really think the GVG, when correctly used, is a very good method, is because also many have tried several other methods before. This isn't meant as an attack to you, and the fact that you have gone into hyperspace for many years (so have many others here) before it was invented is not an argument against it in any way. We're just trying to give constructive criticism and suggest that you try one specific method in a certain way so that you can see for yourself whether it can be an improvement on your previous method. This isnt about 'who knows better' Smile

Sorry to derail the thread. Do whichever way you feel is best of course. Personally I find the idea of exhaling into a baloon and keep inhaling as very weird, considering my own launch ritual, but thats just me. Also as Gibran said, when I exhale I see no more vapor coming out, its all already absorbed

Hyperspace Fool
#19 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
I've found it's unnecessary to do anything except take one big hit from the dose one has loaded into GVG+copper mesh. I simply couldn't imagine looking to get more dmt inside me after full single hit of 25mg from the GVG, not from the balloon and not from the pipe(it's empty anyway)... Heck, if sometimes 5mg is lost, that's not a problem after the GVG journey.

Quote:

DUDE, it seems like you should give the GVG at least couple more times before claiming that BULB gives equal quality of vaporization as the GVG! Ease of temperature adjustment, look and space for the vapor to fill the pipe etc.

This is the last I will say about the GVG. A very close friend has one. SWIM has consumed many grams of spice in a GVG over the last few years. On mountaintops, in beaches... in ruined castles... even hanging upside down in gravity boots.

The bulb is basically its equal. In fact, SWIM prefers it. No metal at all touching his precious spice... plenty of visibility, and damn easy to control the temperature.

He has a great torch, but finds that it is totally unnecessary. Only with the carbon filament of the GVG does it even serve any purpose whatsoever.

Hate to burst your bubble guys, but the GVG is NOT G*d's gift to spice. It is merely a very nice tool... that's it.

soulfood
#20 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

If the balloon works for you I say go for it :

I don't have trouble with exhaling alks, as once DMT enters me, I feel I can hold my breath forever. Especially if I leave space for one extra halfway inhale.

Also I see no difference in exhaling when using my VG or a standard pipe.

123NEXT»