We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first time/introductory account Options

unfettered
#1 Posted : 9/17/2011 12:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT Trips 1 & 2 : September 9th 2011 10-11pm apprx.

1st Dose.

I took my second hit from the bottle and, holding the smoke in my lungs, glanced at my two companions (L and A) as I lay down. There was immediately a vivid pattern of multi-coloured crosses overlaid over everything in the room, and I recall thinking ‘Oh yeah, this is definitely working’. I closed my eyes and exhaled.

The speed with which I was aware of having an incomparably powerful hallucinatory experience was startling, and intimidating. Before I could even attempt to make sense of what I was seeing, I felt that I was in the presence of what I can only describe as a feminine Buddah who had coalesced out of the Mandlebrot Set. I felt utterly helpless and abashed in this presence and a kind of conversation took place, during which I felt that I was being reminded of my smallness and arrogance. Despite the impression of total authority which this figure conveyed, the tone was non-threatening and kind. I heard myself say quite distinctly, ‘I will remember to be humble’, although L and A later told me I had said nothing at all out loud, apart from quietly saying ‘wow’ (I’m told I also smiled several times).

The entity then seemed to move away, toward my right, and I felt my head move on the pillow as I attempted to see where she was going. The sensation of this movement had the effect of making me aware of my body and I became unable to keep my eyes closed. This was a little frustrating because I felt very strongly that this had caused the trip to end prematurely. I turned to look at L and A and realised that I was at least still tripping; their faces were both changing before my eyes, the walls were ‘breathing’, the duvet cover on the bed was changing its pattern etc., but all in much more vivid and involuntary ways than those I had experienced with other psychedelics.

I felt quite disorientated for a short time, and had a little difficulty speaking clearly. It was as if everything I tried to say sounded wrong. I also had a nagging feeling that L and A would be disappointed with me, as if I had squandered an opportunity by opening my eyes and messing up the trip. In addition, I felt some residual fear associated with the awesome impression of power that the fractal-Buddah conveyed. None of this, however, was particularly unpleasant and in fact was strangely amusing; it was certainly important to have L and A as a reception committee, and to be able to talk through the experience immediately with seasoned practitioners.

Within 10 or fifteen minutes, all effects had gone except for a slightly increased heart rate. I had a few lingering thoughts: firstly that the trip had certainly not been all it could have been due to my inability to keep my eyes closed (it bothered me that the lighting in the room may have contributed to the shape and colours of the Buddah-entity); secondly, that I had spoken of fractals earlier in the evening, and therefore it would not be unreasonable for a thorough-going sceptic to suggest that of course my unconscious would generate an hallucination couched in images with which I am familiar.

It was as I was contemplating all this that A asked me if I wanted to take another dose. I had little hesitation in saying ‘oh yes’ (L and A explained that the first dose was already out of my body), and we all agreed that I should be blindfold this time in order that ambient/environmental intrusions could be eliminated as much as possible.

2nd Dose.

I took the second hit of smoke and pulled the mask over my eyes as I reclined on the bed. I exhaled and was immediately in a very large tunnel-like space. Something was coming toward me (which I later described as ‘The Bee’), and I was certain that this entity was both greeting and assessing me. At the same time two things happened: first, a multitude of coloured shapes surrounded The Bee, who remained in a more or less central position in my field of view; second, I was aware of a thrumming sound, deep and resonant, which rapidly increased in volume until it was overpowering. The Bee was looking directly at and into me, and much like the entity in my first trip, seemed to be advising me to appreciate the enormity of what was happening, and furthermore to be prepared for this encounter. I remember replying, but my voice sounded so odd (as if slowed down) that I became preoccupied with this oddness and forgot what I had said. Instead I wished to take a closer look at this being, and to pass the test which it seemed to be carrying out.

Unlike the Buddah, which was undefined and seemed to evade direct scrutiny, this entity was incredibly vivid and seemed happy for me to look as closely as I wished; it remained hovering in front of me, amidst this seething, swarming mass of colour and sound. At this point, I do not recall being in any way aware of my body or the corporeal world. I was utterly ‘there’; awestruck, scared and small, but also amused and intrigued by the sheer alien-ness of what I was seeing. There was no sense of threat whatsoever, simply an awareness of being in the presence of a power beyond comprehension.

I realised that this being had been there at the beginning of my first trip, and that in some way The Bee and I were bound together. I understood this intuitively and with complete certainty.

I was ready to go on, but something which I cannot remember began to bring me back to the room. I felt suddenly anxious, and preoccupied with thoughts of my dog; I saw her waiting for me back home, worried about my whereabouts, and lonely. I moved my hands to my face to remove the mask, but stopped momentarily to investigate the strangeness of how my hands felt. When after a few seconds I did lift the mask, I sat up, looked at L and A, and said ‘what is that?’. Their laughter made it clear that they knew precisely what I meant, i.e. that faced with something so stupefyingly odd, profound and alien, words are woefully inadequate. I had lost all sense of the passage of time and for a while I was preoccupied with checking my watch to reassure myself that I had not left my dog alone too long. This took only a short time and while the residual ‘trippy’ effects subsided we again discussed what I had experienced. Within 30 minutes or so I was completely sober and able to drive home, whereupon I slept soundly for the first time in 3 months or so.

I write this account roughly 42 hours after my DMT experience. Since then, I have been unable to stop thinking about what happened. I feel somehow renewed, as though cobwebs have been blown away from my mind. I am a reasonably imaginative person, but I cannot see how my conscious mind could construct anything as singular as that which I encountered under the influence of DMT. Likewise my dreams tend to be quite memorable and peculiar, however the setting in which they take place is fundamentally quotidian; I might find myself flying, for example, but the environment in which this takes place is nevertheless recognisably ‘of this world’. I am simply unable to make sense of it, and that is itself a kind of consolation to me, as if my naïve urge to impose ordinary-world rationality on this experience was to completely miss the point.

I do know this, though: I want to go back there.

September 2011.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nen888
#2 Posted : 9/20/2011 2:22:21 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome unfettered
when you write
Quote:
the environment in which this takes place is nevertheless recognisably ‘of this world’. I am simply unable to make sense of it, and that is itself a kind of consolation to me

..i don't believe we ever 'go anywhere' on DMT, no matter how strong the trip..
it shows us exactly where we are at now (with a lot of extra levels of information)

..like your writing style, look forward to more of it...

unfettered
#3 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:18:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you so much for your reply (my first). it's quite wierd how you've hit upon the very thing which i've had the most trouble with, philosophically (epistemologically and ontologically). the fact is that i arrived in hyperspace as a sceptic, and now i've no idea what to think (?!). i quite like your idea of hyperspace as, as it were, 'reality and chips', but i'm way too inexperienced at this point to proffer an educated opinion. btw, have you encountered 'the bee'?