We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Where i stand Options

tangler
#1 Posted : 9/17/2011 3:52:35 AM

Sagan

This is my second essay (no rule against this right?Very happy). In my first post, i more or less wanted to give a first impression of myself, my writing style, and a small insight into my history of feelings toward the psychadelic field. Here, im going to outline some questions that i have yet to find answers to and other concerns that i have. Im writing this simply to show the unique unknowns that i still have to allow my new group of peers to further understand my position. Also, when revealing this unique set of unknowns, i may be able to find common ground with a like beginner.

Please note that i am aware that answers to most of my questions can either be found on these pages or only answered through an experience. To reiterate, im seeking to further express my current feelings and thoughts rather than simply looking for a list of answers or thread references (though im hoping for positive input!). I read countless posts everyday and if theres something somewhere in the archives to answer my newbie inquiries, ill stumble on it soon enough :-)

1. Firstly, ive deliberated and mulled over the information that ive met so far and conclude that i want a glance at the other side. I am planning an extraction and smoking the fruits of my labor. I have been through many teks and discussions about them and feel that the Lazyman extraction would suit me best. The materials are all easy to come by and with a careful hand, can be completed relatively safely. My current hold up is the acquisition of mimosa. Ive read of some court cases which revolved around the legality of the root bark and accounts depicting the ordering of this to be relatively problem free. I wont be taking any further steps in this endeavor until my research turns up the preferred way to obtain the raw product amongst this community.

2. Once i successfully grab some raw bark, i feel 100% faithful in my ability to perform the extraction. My next item that i need to research involves the handling of the compound. Obviously im not familiar with the texture of the final product or the etiquette of handling it. I do have an accurate and very capable scale for measuring doses. However im not sure of how to store it, whether or not its a good idea to touch it with oily human fingers, etc.

3. After the aforementioned concerns are addressed and i feel that im ready to take the first step in the direction of the light, i encounter my biggest uncertainty. Allow me to elaborate.

I am a psychadelic rookie. I have had encounters with several psychoactive substances. Worth noting are cannabis, mdma, and dxm years ago. I never had much interest in lsd or mushrooms while growing up. Since reading up on psychadelics and their effects, i am glad that ive waited until im more intellectually developed before letting them in.

Rejection of psychadelics has been a long standing norm for most of those within my circle. Upon learning of dmt, my closest friend seemed to share my interest in it....INITIALLY. Since then, i have been cramming information like a hungover college kid an hour before finals while he doesnt seem interested when i share new information with him that i find absolutely intriguing. Ive grown to appreciate the majesty of it and now respect this community and their views on it. My friend that was initially going to be my sitter in exchange for me sitting him, is now more concerned with selling it to make money. This obviously violates the code around here and makes me wonder if i would be best served by continuing to try to open his eyes, or go with my gut feeling and cut him out of my journey down this road. Hopefully the answer comes to me.

4. The final item on the list is dependent, once again, on the ones above it. If i decide that i dont want my friend watching over me on my first dive, i need to pinpoint another sitter or go at it alone (which i know is thought of as a bad idea by most here). Its going to be tricky to find someone that gives me good vibes. My wife is not a candidate due to her closed-mindedness in the subject. Other family is a no go, and few friends of mine would i consider trusting enough to keep my set positive. One thing that im not clear on yet is the broadness of the spectrum of physical side effects. By this i mean what my body will look like while i temporarily check out. Knowing what to look for as a red flag and what to attribute to being under the influence of the drugs normal effects will be crucial to uncover so that i know that my sitter wont panic in a normal scenario.

Hopefully this generates some discussion between the veterans and the rookies. Cheers.
"Outside this consciousness there lies the alien world of actual things. Between the two stretches the narrow borderland of the senses. No communication between the two worlds is possible excepting across the narrow strip...For a proper understanding of the world it is of the highest importance that this borderland should be thoroughly explored.
-Heinrich Hertz, 1891

All statements and posts are fictitious. The author is attempting to interact with others online through use of a portrayed character in order to gain knowledge from social situations. The author of these posts does not and never will consume illegal substances or condone the use, acquisition, sale, or creation of any such substance.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hyperspace Fool
#2 Posted : 9/17/2011 9:07:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check the suppliers forum and you should easily find a number of good websites with reliable material.

Storage is generally not a problem. Basically, minimize exposure to light, air & heat. Although, even if your spice completely oxidizes, it will still be rather potent (some prefer n-oxide to n-n). Some around here like to keep it in salt form rather than freebase. A few even prefer to keep it in a solution. (see q21's pioneering research into vinegar based DMT Acetate solutions and simple freebase conversions) It doesn't really matter.

Probably better to make a small batch. Start with 100gms of MHRB. That should net you plenty of spice for one or two people to mess with for quite some time. If you manage to get 1gm, this is like 40 doses. As you can see, your 2kgs of root bark will be a lifetime's supply.

You can try to enlighten your buddy, but don't be afraid to pursue your alchemy solo. Better not to teach extraction to someone who is mostly concerned with monetary gain, IMO.

A sitter won't be too hard to come by. Just find someone who won't judge you and who you trust implicitly. The physical effects can run a wide range, but nothing too hard to deal with. The reality is that you will be in no physical danger, and thus your sitter is not there to intervene unless you fall & bust your head open or some othe external situation. They are mostly moral support... and someone to prevent or deal with anyone who might barge in.

Do not shoot for breakthrough doses on your first times. Too many people make this mistake. There is no rush. YOu have waited this long to journey to Hyperspace... no need to jump the gun. Start with the smallest doses that have an effect, and acclimate yourself. You do not need to wet yourself to experience this stuff. As you are ready, and your vape technique is confident... you can progress deeper and attempt breakthroughs or whatnot.

Keep your mental, emotional and physical space clear. Comforting music playing or a safe natural setting...

You will be fine.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

tangler
#3 Posted : 9/17/2011 6:07:13 PM

Sagan

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Check the suppliers forum and you should easily find a number of good websites with reliable material.

Storage is generally not a problem. Basically, minimize exposure to light, air & heat. Although, even if your spice completely oxidizes, it will still be rather potent (some prefer n-oxide to n-n). Some around here like to keep it in salt form rather than freebase. A few even prefer to keep it in a solution. (see q21's pioneering research into vinegar based DMT Acetate solutions and simple freebase conversions) It doesn't really matter.

Probably better to make a small batch. Start with 100gms of MHRB. That should net you plenty of spice for one or two people to mess with for quite some time. If you manage to get 1gm, this is like 40 doses. As you can see, your 2kgs of root bark will be a lifetime's supply.

You can try to enlighten your buddy, but don't be afraid to pursue your alchemy solo. Better not to teach extraction to someone who is mostly concerned with monetary gain, IMO.

A sitter won't be too hard to come by. Just find someone who won't judge you and who you trust implicitly. The physical effects can run a wide range, but nothing too hard to deal with. The reality is that you will be in no physical danger, and thus your sitter is not there to intervene unless you fall & bust your head open or some othe external situation. They are mostly moral support... and someone to prevent or deal with anyone who might barge in.

Do not shoot for breakthrough doses on your first times. Too many people make this mistake. There is no rush. YOu have waited this long to journey to Hyperspace... no need to jump the gun. Start with the smallest doses that have an effect, and acclimate yourself. You do not need to wet yourself to experience this stuff. As you are ready, and your vape technique is confident... you can progress deeper and attempt breakthroughs or whatnot.

Keep your mental, emotional and physical space clear. Comforting music playing or a safe natural setting...

You will be fine.

Very helpful indeed. I had been deliberating on how much to use on my first dose and had been leaning toward the 5-10mg area. I have found reports that lower doses may be unpleasant. However, im not usually the type to jump in with both feet so im going to take that at face value and hope for the best.
"Outside this consciousness there lies the alien world of actual things. Between the two stretches the narrow borderland of the senses. No communication between the two worlds is possible excepting across the narrow strip...For a proper understanding of the world it is of the highest importance that this borderland should be thoroughly explored.
-Heinrich Hertz, 1891

All statements and posts are fictitious. The author is attempting to interact with others online through use of a portrayed character in order to gain knowledge from social situations. The author of these posts does not and never will consume illegal substances or condone the use, acquisition, sale, or creation of any such substance.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 9/17/2011 6:36:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Some comments/answers to your questions:

1. If you’re concerned about the legality of purchasing MHRB, I’d just advise that you don't buy it from a source in another country. That way customs isn’t involved.

2. DMT is a slightly waxy white crystalline solid that has a fairly low melting point. Storing it in a closed container in a cool location is sufficient, but an airtight container in a freezer is probably best for longer-term storage.

3. I would avoid collaborating with anyone who has expressed interest in selling DMT. As you’ve noted, our community frowns upon such activities. Nothing good can come from being involved with a person who has such intentions.

4. Many of us here at the Nexus do not use sitters. I’ve never used a sitter, and don’t think one is necessary if you approach this activity responsibly: prepare a good setting, start with low doses, note how your body/mind responds, gradually increase dose, etc. When starting out, there’s nothing wrong with taking very low doses. 5mg won’t do much at all, but might give you some indication of the physical effects.

Also, welcome to the forum!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tangler
#5 Posted : 9/17/2011 7:50:08 PM

Sagan

gibran2 wrote:
Some comments/answers to your questions:

1. If you’re concerned about the legality of purchasing MHRB, I’d just advise that you don't buy it from a source in another country. That way customs isn’t involved.

2. DMT is a slightly waxy white crystalline solid that has a fairly low melting point. Storing it in a closed container in a cool location is sufficient, but an airtight container in a freezer is probably best for longer-term storage.

3. I would avoid collaborating with anyone who has expressed interest in selling DMT. As you’ve noted, our community frowns upon such activities. Nothing good can come from being involved with a person who has such intentions.

4. Many of us here at the Nexus do not use sitters. I’ve never used a sitter, and don’t think one is necessary if you approach this activity responsibly: prepare a good setting, start with low doses, note how your body/mind responds, gradually increase dose, etc. When starting out, there’s nothing wrong with taking very low doses. 5mg won’t do much at all, but might give you some indication of the physical effects.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Thanks much! I was kicking around the idea of not using a sitter. Nice to see that this might be an acceptable option. I think i would feel 100% better if i was on my own and completely in charge of my setting before partaking. This would relieve my worry that a sitter might overreact or do something to me that rubs me the wrong way.
-Heinrich Hertz, 1891

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 9/18/2011 1:25:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM never uses a sitter for spice either.

Your conception that you will feel better being alone combined with the fact that you don't seem to have anyone in your circle of friends you can trust or feel comfortable around suggest that going solo might be best for you. Work up slowly, and be safe.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha