We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will zippo work? Options

aaron12321
#1 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I`m using nomans tek and have everything except lighter fluid , i know naphtha is the best but in ireland the closest thing i can get is zippo , would this brand work?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ZIPPO...43a97a11b4#ht_2282wt_905

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hyperspace Fool
#2 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It works.

Never seen anyone do a side by side test, to see its efficacy against VM&P or whatever, but it evaps clean, and certainly does the trick. A bit expensive generally, but whatever.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

PrimalWisdom
#3 Posted : 9/14/2011 1:37:41 PM

Everything the light touches

Yeah it definitely works. Its all I can get too. Xylene is also good for a full spectrum pull and it cheaper than Zippo fluid. Its just quite noxious.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

tele
#4 Posted : 9/14/2011 2:08:03 PM
Explorer

Be aware that there are some impurities in zippo lighter fluid. I bought couple myself but after reading about it on the web I decided not to use it. Just try google.
Would it be a surprise if lighter fluid wouldn't be totally pure?

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 9/14/2011 2:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

R0nsonol in the UK is VM&P naphtha if you can get hold of that in Ireland as wellโ€ฆ
D × V × F > R

PrimalWisdom
#6 Posted : 9/14/2011 2:18:42 PM

Yeah Tele I also saw some other additives. I know alot of lighter fluids contain some sort of oil to stop rust, but Zippo doesn't have anything like that. The MSDS for Zippo fluid lists a few other commonly used chemicals in spice extraction so I wouldnt worry too much. my only concern is that if you add up the %'s they state you get over 100% volume. either their maths is flawed or I'm reading it wrong. Heres the MDSDS http://www.nafaa.org/ZIPPO_MSDS.pdf

endlessness
#7 Posted : 9/14/2011 5:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The thing is, lighter fuels can change composition depending on country, batch, etc.. Do an evap test with whatever you have anyways.

Rivea
#8 Posted : 9/14/2011 8:06:05 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

PrimalWisdom wrote:
Yeah Tele I also saw some other additives. I know alot of lighter fluids contain some sort of oil to stop rust, but Zippo doesn't have anything like that. The MSDS for Zippo fluid lists a few other commonly used chemicals in spice extraction so I wouldnt worry too much. my only concern is that if you add up the %'s they state you get over 100% volume. either their maths is flawed or I'm reading it wrong. Heres the MDSDS http://www.nafaa.org/ZIPPO_MSDS.pdf

It is common in my experience that if you get a COA (certificate of analysis) when you purchase a chemical from a real chemical supplier that the COA will show numbers which can be greater than 100% either alone of in combination with H20 or other impurities. Perhaps a real chemist here could explain this?????
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Megaflora
#9 Posted : 9/15/2011 10:59:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does work, I have run teks with it several times for other extractions. Be careful though, it is far from the purest thing around.

smokerx
#10 Posted : 9/15/2011 11:14:10 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

I did evap test on UK coleman fuel,ronsonol and zippo. Uk Coleman fuel was clean , ronsonol ok as well but zippo not good. I would not use zippo if I was you.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

rjb
#11 Posted : 9/16/2011 12:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokerx wrote:
I did evap test on UK coleman fuel,ronsonol and zippo. Uk Coleman fuel was clean , ronsonol ok as well but zippo not good. I would not use zippo if I was you.

I also use Zippo, because I haven't discovered anything else around here yet. It works, I admit the yield could be better but it works. However, for me this naptha evaporates cleanly (doesn't leave visible signs of residue). Should we be worried if it evaps cleanly? Can you share your reasons of why one should not use zippo?

Cheers!
The truth...lies within.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 9/16/2011 12:50:54 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

smokerx wrote:
I did evap test on UK coleman fuel,ronsonol and zippo. Uk Coleman fuel was clean , ronsonol ok as well but zippo not good.

It can still very from batch to batch.

Test evap all solvents.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

PrimalWisdom
#13 Posted : 9/16/2011 9:51:47 AM

Yeah I test evap every bottle of Zippo fluid I get and its always good. Bit troubling that it can vary so much from one country to the next when they only have 1 MSDS (material safety data sheet) for the entire world.

cyberdream
#14 Posted : 9/16/2011 9:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes it works ! , i always use zippo or ronsol .. but i never evap them i just use the freezer .. because i noticed when i evap it always become jello ..

b1blazin
#15 Posted : 12/26/2015 8:59:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

been testing the zippo and when i poor onto glass dish you can see little speks which i think are impuritys however its been used with great results in the past...Confused but as mentioned not the purist possibility to try if you can. Best to use something with a more broad spectrum imo

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 12/26/2015 9:56:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You are digging up threads that are years old and related to topics that have been gone over countless times. Please stop.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ