We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reducing stomach pain on psilocybin Options

tobecomeone00
#1 Posted : 9/13/2011 4:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The other night, I gave my fresh fruits a test-drive, and ate about 3g, 1 by 1, over a period of 2hrs...the experience became fantastic, but I had this awful, twisting pain in my stomach that would not let me focus on any important aspects of the experience...I plan to eat more on my birthday this sunday, and was hoping I could avoid the stomach upset...any suggestions?
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

take them in the morning, and make sure your stomach is empty. Eat a very small ammount of fruit like some berries, just a mouthful so that you have some energy and that the process of digestion is starting..then make mushroom tea and strain it well so that no little particles are left..I strain it through a t shirt. I add a bit of lemon so that it extracts better into the water. Drink that and just have some juice with you incase you feel you need more energy durring the trip, juice will digest quickly and not give you the problems that digesting food does. That is the best method I have so far. Took mushrooms yesterday and it worked fine for me. I do not eat anything until I am sure the peak is over...and with tea it ends a bit faster and does not linger around so much and it hits a bit faster and harder..Once I am comming down I eat only fruit for another hour or 2. Then later I eat a meal iwth like nuts or seeds or whatever else that takes longer to digest. A bit of ginger in the tea might help also.
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:19:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I agree with Fractal here- a brew is more benign for the GI tract to handle.

Another possibility if the abdominal discomfort is cramping in nature is gut edema, like a mild allergy to a protein in the mushroom itself, just affecting the gut.Theres a thread somewhere in the Nexus about mushroom enthusiasts getting fleeting skin rashes with use; this also suggests a sensitivity to some constituent in the shroom and the guts equivalent of this kind of rash is swelling and resultant cramping abdominal discomfort.For this, ranitidine would be pretty effective.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

tobecomeone00
#4 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:35:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, cool cool....I;m intrigued, fractal, by your sugestion of taking a few small ones in the morning for energy....Today I am sick and pretty depressed, and I have to go help my gf's friends move out of their apartment...how much psilocybin could I eat in order to make me a bit more productive/socialble? Is this a good idea? It's what I've been thinking to myself, which is why it is strange u said that.......so basically, tea is the way? like a lemon tek?
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

tele
#5 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:43:01 PM
Explorer

Eat less food before tripping and/or make mushroom tea

tobecomeone00
#6 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it a bad idea to eat say, a gram of psilocybin in the morning for energy/anti-depressive qaulities? Cuz I feel like shit, and I have to go help some people move...bleh....

Coastal_Shaman
#7 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:05:52 PM

"That Guy"

tobecomeone00 wrote:
Is it a bad idea to eat say, a gram of psilocybin in the morning for energy/anti-depressive qaulities? Cuz I feel like shit, and I have to go help some people move...bleh....

Depends on if your the one driving or not... If you are going to be driving then obviously no it would be a bad idea, its just not worth risking. Even with only so much as a gram. It also depends on the variety you are consuming and your body's sensitivity to it. If you eat a gram of Cyanascens its going to drop your ass on that couch your trying to move looking up at the leaves in the trees and the fancy new colors in the sky while your g/f's are wondering what you had that morning in your corn flakes. On the other hand 1 gram of Cubensis for me at least can be a great energy/mood booster, from my past experiences walking in the woods anyways.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

tele
#8 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:19:35 PM
Explorer

tobecomeone00 wrote:

sounds like "abuse" of the sacred to me...

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:23:41 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

tele wrote:
tobecomeone00 wrote:

What conditions must be met for you to classify something as "abuse"?

I'm just curious how/why you came to the conclusion that microdosing like this would be "abuse"
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

tobecomeone00
#10 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:28:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it? at this point, the psilocybin is presenting itself less as a spiritual sacrament, and more of a symbiotic merging with my a portion of my day-to-day consciousness...I don't really want to debate the subject much further, but it's at the point where my personality is in too much spiritual pain to complete the mission that has been given to me by my Oversoul, and therefore is requiring the coming together of my essence, in combination with psilocybin's personality, in order to finish what has been started. So therefore, i assume it only be natural to begin taking low doses maybe once-twice per week as needed in order to move forward...I don't think that's abuse, and if it is, it really is in the eye of the beholder...I do respect your warning tho, as I do have a tendency to be an addictive personality...ya keep me on my toes, fractal... =)

jamie
#11 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:35:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well, when I say I take them in the morning, I mean I take them and then have the room set up with music and everything and me and minxx basically just lay there for a few hours tripping and I put on a blindfold when I want darkness..I have in the past taken them and gone out to do things though..these days I get real floored when I take mushrooms though and I prefer my bed where I can go into the deeper aspects of the experience.
Long live the unwoke.

joedirt
#12 Posted : 9/13/2011 10:56:56 PM

Not I

tobecomeone00 wrote:
The other night, I gave my fresh fruits a test-drive, and ate about 3g, 1 by 1, over a period of 2hrs...the experience became fantastic, but I had this awful, twisting pain in my stomach that would not let me focus on any important aspects of the experience...I plan to eat more on my birthday this sunday, and was hoping I could avoid the stomach upset...any suggestions?

Grind them up and put them in gel caps. This has been my preferred method.

I don't agree with the others about the empty stomach.... For me I do better if I have something a little heavy in my stomach. It slows absorption and makes the come up easier to....but honestly gel caps are the best as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

joedirt
#13 Posted : 9/13/2011 10:59:52 PM

Not I

tele wrote:
tobecomeone00 wrote:

Micodosing is quite possibly one of the best known antidepressants out there. It's tough to get the dosage right though. Less than 0.5 grams of cubes and you can still feel a little 'come up' anxiety. Somewhere around 0.25 grams seems to have the perfect balance IMHO. It's a shame we can't get synthetic psilocybin and perfectly control the dose.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#14 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:57:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never said take them on an empty stomach. I said to have an empty stomach and then eat some fruit before you take the tea. If I take psychedelics on a completely empty stomache they dont work as well becasue my stomach wont start to digest much..I need some fruit in me before I take them otherwise my digestion does not start up and my blood sugar gets too low when tripping.

If I take them after eating alot of food they also dont work so well and I need to take alot more and then sometimes I end up overdoing it becasue the onset is so delayed which I really dont prefer.

I have tried gel caps and honestly it is no different in my experience from eating them. The mushroom fibers will still be inside of my digestive tract, I will still get all the discomfort and the onset is all delayed again due to having to wait for the gel caps to dissolve..
Long live the unwoke.

joedirt
#15 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:03:00 AM

Not I

fractal enchantment wrote:
I never said take them on an empty stomach. I said to have an empty stomach and then eat some fruit before you take the tea. If I take psychedelics on a completely empty stomache they dont work as well becasue my stomach wont start to digest much..I need some fruit in me before I take them otherwise my digestion does not start up and my blood sugar gets too low when tripping.

If I take them after eating alot of food they also dont work so well and I need to take alot more and then sometimes I end up overdoing it becasue the onset is so delayed which I really dont prefer.

I have tried gel caps and honestly it is no different in my experience from eating them. The mushroom fibers will still be inside of my digestive tract, I will still get all the discomfort and the onset is all delayed again due to having to wait for the gel caps to dissolve..

I think the acidity of berries would aggravate my stomach. I like to take them with bread which has the combined effect of stimulating absorption.

The reason gel caps are better than straight shrooms is because the are ground up and your stomach has much less work to do...but yes they do still upset some peoples stomach...and I like the slower onset. Shroom tea can sometimes come on a little to quick for me.

For what it's worth I'm not sure there is one best way. My wife get's stomach cramps with just about every method. I really don't get them much at all unless I take them on a completely empty stomach. I will never fast for a full 24 hours and do shrooms again!

jamie
#16 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:12:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I am not into fasting. I drank ayahuasca once after not eating for 12 horus and it was horrible..it was more like disorientation, headache and nausea than anything psychedelic..until I ate some fruit then it cleared up into a decent experience. I feel like if my brain is undercarbed from fasting my brain cannot achieve a psychedelic state. The brain runs on glucose and cutting it out is not smart.

I still get stomach discomfort with tea if I take it at night with a days worth of food inside of me..which is why I started to dose in the morning..the berries dont really bother me..I have gotten used to having berries and other fruit for breakfast so maybe that is why they dont bother me. I tend to drink juice all through my trip though so that I have a balanced blood sugar level otherwise I feel faint and sketchy..so I have found my own person method of keeping myself hydrated and carbed while minimizing discomfort. I also like the tea because it comes on fast(which can definatily make one more anxious) and it has a more powerful, condensed peak I find..and then it levels off real quick. I can dose at 10am and be comming down with just a nice glow by 1pm ready to eat and go for a walk, or I can redose half way through and go for longer if I want.
Long live the unwoke.

dg
#17 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:16:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

joedirt wrote:
It's a shame we can't get synthetic psilocybin and perfectly control the dose.

this is about as close as is commercially available these days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-Acetylpsilocin
BUT, is not as magical imo

biopsylo
#18 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:16:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mushrooms go very well with blueberries, or even a peach on an otherwise empty stomach.

didn't 69ron say that 2-3 datura stramonium seeds help nausea?

joedirt
#19 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:27:24 AM

Not I

fractal enchantment wrote:
yeah I am not into fasting. I drank ayahuasca once after not eating for 12 horus and it was horrible..it was more like disorientation, headache and nausea than anything psychedelic..until I ate some fruit then it cleared up into a decent experience. I feel like if my brain is undercarbed from fasting my brain cannot achieve a psychedelic state. The brain runs on glucose and cutting it out is not smart.

I still get stomach discomfort with tea if I take it at night with a days worth of food inside of me..which is why I started to dose in the morning..the berries dont really bother me..I have gotten used to having berries and other fruit for breakfast so maybe that is why they dont bother me. I tend to drink juice all through my trip though so that I have a balanced blood sugar level otherwise I feel faint and sketchy..so I have found my own person method of keeping myself hydrated and carbed while minimizing discomfort. I also like the tea because it comes on fast(which can definatily make one more anxious) and it has a more powerful, condensed peak I find..and then it levels off real quick. I can dose at 10am and be comming down with just a nice glow by 1pm ready to eat and go for a walk, or I can redose half way through and go for longer if I want.

I also like to dose in the morning. I like to wake up around 4am on a sunday and dose. The by the time my wife drags her self out of bed around 10am I'm ready for the week..much less the day. Smile

I also eat a lot of fruit throughout the day so maybe I will give your blueberry tech a go sometimes...

DimensionlessBeing
#20 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Two weeks ago I tried 7 drops of essential lemon oil (not plain lemon oil) on 5 grams of dried shroom powder. I always get nausea from shrooms but ths time there was none... zero.

I read about this here on Nexus. You can googe it as well.

Peace