We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aussie extraction Options

7baz
#1 Posted : 9/12/2011 7:28:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hi everybody , great to be here.

well im in Australia and i have 1 kg of MHRB in powder form.

was wondering can someone point me into the right direction where i can find a simple tek , im a bit lost in this forum , its my first post lol.

im just after a clean not too messy extraction , timing is not a issue.

i would rather take my time and not rush Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wave
#2 Posted : 9/13/2011 8:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello 7baz, it's my pleasure to welcome You here.

For a first extraction, I'd suggest Noman's tek, You can find it here:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek
You could start with 50g MHRB to try the procedure and may go on with 100g per extraction or more, depending on Your labware.

Please note a tek won't let You master the extraction technique alone: my advice is to spend the more time You can reading and exploring the nexus, as the more valuable helps to perform a right procedure are experience and knowledge.

I'd also suggest to write an introduction of yourself in the Introduction Essay thread.

Be cautious with Your first extraction: You'll use some dangerous chemicals and will need proper clothing, glassware and protections.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

--
forth and deep

7baz
#3 Posted : 9/13/2011 10:45:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hi wave , thanks for the awesome reply.

i did my first extraction last night with 1 KG of MHRB.
this morning i checked my glass of shellite.. and all i see is clear liquid , i dont see any crystals or matter or particles.. have i goofed up ?

i did the normal type method ,boil the MHRB , filter it , repeated 2 more times , then combined all my liquids and added caustic soda , filtered again then added shellite and shaked hard before pulling the shellite into a glass jar and freezing it.

im a bit worried i have goofed up somewhere.
or is it normal to not actually see anything until i pour the shellite from the freezer and not see anything until i run it through a filter ?

gammagore
#4 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More info man, we need more infoSmile

how much caustic soda did you use? how much shelite? how many pulls of shelite?
Why did you filter after you added the caustic soda? Maybe the shelite wasnt saturated enough?

Sorry for all the questions, but it makes it simpler to figure out what going on with the extraction.

If there is no sign of any xtals then there arent any xtals.

Hope you didnt throw anything awaySad

SpiritualAwakening
#5 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:51:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

im unfamiliar with shellite but if its anything like naphtha, you should see a bunch of crystals forming if you did the procedure right.

my crystals crash out quite fast using naphtha. within 30-60 mins in the freezer and i can see all the crystals forming and sticking to the sides of the glass.

i hope you saved all your supplies, that way in the worst case scenario we can try to help you save the dmt thats still there.

7baz
#6 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:11:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i saved all my supplies thank god lol

my first biggest fuck up was simmering my 1 kg root bark powder for a hour on 2 litres of water , i didnt know u were ment to only boil it for a few minutes and let it simmer for a few minutes.

but swim told me it should be fine.

i did 3 more -filter liquid and throw goey powder back into pot to boil for a few minutes adding fresh water..

i then combined all my 3 liquids ( pure red liquid ) into a pot boiling and i reckon i added approx 2 teaspoons of caustic soda.

i then transfer this into two lots of 2 litre bottles , added my shellite ( naptha ) and shaked it and let it sit a hour.

i think transferred not all but most of the shellite to a empty glass jar and wacked her into the freezer.

one of my bottles of HMRB still has some shellite sitting up the top.
here is something i noticed.. both my 2 litre bottles has black shit at the bottle of them lol.
and its not black any more , just a really dark red colour.

i gota ask , just how much caustic soda would one use out of a 500 gram jar ?

SpiritualAwakening
#7 Posted : 9/14/2011 12:16:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

im not really familiar with your extraction tek. i just use stb myself.

your shellite might have a small amount of dmt in it. try evaporating that pull down to 1/3 and try freeze precipitating again. if the shellite/naphtha does not have enough dmt in it by volume it will not crash out even at the low temperatures of a freezer. evaporating to a 1/3 should let you know if there IS dmt in there or if you cooked it past the point of destroying the dmt.

let us know how it goes for you. Smile

7baz
#8 Posted : 9/14/2011 9:36:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lol i dont get it , i did everything as stated , didnt even get one flimsy crystal.

just poured $130 of MHRB down the sink , this is all bs

gammagore
#9 Posted : 9/14/2011 10:03:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2 teaspoons of caustic soda, there is your problem. You should have added enough lye solution to make all the liquid to black, I'd say about half to 3/4 of that bottle of lye you have there.

7baz
#10 Posted : 9/15/2011 1:01:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore thanks a million for pointing that out for me.. now i know where i must have goofed up lol

all good , i got 2 kg powdered MHRB on order so i can try again.

surely i cant be the first who messed up his first attempt lol

7baz
#11 Posted : 9/15/2011 2:09:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

damn it.. im not having much luck.

i still had all my powder in solid goo , so i threw that into the pot , threw in the liquids and started again.

i added caustic soda.

i must have added too much too fast.
the entire lot frothed up spilling over the pot onto the stove then onto the floor.

a hour later with no heat its still going.

should i just give up and throw this all out ? lol
7baz attached the following image(s):
P1010031.JPG (2,724kb) downloaded 85 time(s).

7baz
#12 Posted : 9/15/2011 2:50:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

3 hours later and still going.. with no heat what so ever....

and before anyone points and says Aussie and laughs.. im sure im not the first nor last.....
P1010035.JPG (2,880kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

gammagore
#13 Posted : 9/15/2011 9:48:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey 7baz dude, STOP everything you are doing with this extraction.

I think you might need to read a little more about the extraction process before you carry on.

Take a read through these two links https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ategory:Straight_To_Base https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Acid/Base

Please read through those pages a linked, and also please have gloves, goggles(for safety) and vinegar on hand to neutralise any lye spillage like in the above pictures. If you are unsure about anything in the tek please post it here and il help.

Just a quik note, dont add the lye solution to the soup in a metal pot, some reaction might take place and handling so much caustic soup is asking for trouble, you should have transferred the soup to some sort of jug, like an hdpe bottle and then added the lye solution(not just throw in a few table spoon fulls)

As I said, do some more reading, ask a few questions(and be precise when giving information) and please be careful man.

7baz
#14 Posted : 9/15/2011 9:45:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dude i have done all that , yup got googles and have latex gloves etc , even 2 funnels and plenty of white vinegar.

after the super boil i took what was left of all the gunk , mixed in a lil water to thin it out , gave it a good damn stir for over a hour , and wacked it all into 2 and a half milk bottles.

as i was slowly pouring in the naptha they bubbled heaps , so i let the naptha sit a few hours... came home and really shock the fuck out of all my 3 bottles hard.

i then took out the naptha which is now a wee tingly yellow color.
this morning i went to check on the jar in the freezer and this is what i found....
has god paid a visit to my freezer ? or have i fucked up again ?
this has got to be dmt right ?

P1010001.JPG (2,822kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
P1010002.JPG (3,361kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
P1010003.JPG (3,116kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

komet
#15 Posted : 9/15/2011 10:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn Bazza, what a mess. Wink

Looks like you have some spice there finally though. Congrats Cool

Also, when adding the shellite, I would advise not to "shake" it, it can result in emulsions. Just gentle rolling around end-ever-end would be better.

7baz
#16 Posted : 9/15/2011 11:20:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

he he thanks man

i know iknow.. things got a lil messy with my first tek.. but hey we learn lol

i put the jar on its side so the dmt is facing downwards back into the freezer to extract any more naptha.

question , its ok if later i just pull the jar out and let it sit on its own and dry naturally.. or is it that important to dry it asap ?

analoge
#17 Posted : 9/15/2011 11:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile Good one 7baz that pot looked pretty messy but it looks like it all worked out
im an aussie too and I have to say your fairly unusual to have MHRB since most of us down under work with acacia bark

7baz
#18 Posted : 9/16/2011 12:59:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

analoge thanks man.

im from melbourne
your right , it is a lil unusual , but as a first timer i really wanted to go with most users go for...
this way knowing if i got stuck i know plenty of help is at hand lol

i would love to hear your method for acacia bark and which type acacia ?

SpiritualAwakening
#19 Posted : 9/16/2011 6:08:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

perhaps to ensure a good yield next time just take it straight to base and skip the acid step. its not necessary with mhrb because its not very fatty and you also seem to be having issues with it.

stb is much simpler and the yield is still good. spice comes out a little yellow but thats nothing a recrystallization won't fix.

goodluck.