We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What are YOUR methods for dealing with Cacti Nausea? Options

sheepie
#1 Posted : 9/9/2011 2:57:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The first time I ate 20 grams of Peruvian Torch raw with some ginger and walked up a mountain, felt completely fine.

Then I ate another 20 grams that night, felt fine again.

All subsequent times (maybe 4 or 5), I've experienced and extreme body load. To the point where I heave but I can't puke. It's the most annoying feeling ever.

I'd like to hear what you guys do to avoid this and what are your results?

I got my hands on some Lemon Oil which I am looking forward to using in the next month or two and I will make sure to report back on my findings.
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

komet
#2 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:16:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I generally don't try to avoid puking because after a good projectile vomit the experience goes up a notch. Sorry to hear you are having that experience, that would be annoying.

My first tip would be ginger also but looks like that isn't working.

Cannabis would be the next, and they do have a wonderful synergy.

Maybe go for an extract? Seems the full spectrum of alks is what causes nausea IME...

DimensionlessBeing
#3 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont know about cacti but Essential Lemon oil eliminated the nausea from 5 dry grams of cubensis. I used 7 drops right on the powdered shrooms. Make suire you use the essential oil and not plain lemon oil though. A quick search yielded this:

Quote:

Essential oils have to come from plants. Non-essential oils can be any other oil.

An essential oil is a concentrated, hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile, ethereal oils or aetherolea, or simply as the "oil of" the plant from which they were extracted, such as oil of clove. An oil is "essential" in the sense that it carries a distinctive scent, or essence, of the plant. Essential oils do not as a group need to have any specific chemical properties in common, beyond conveying characteristic fragrances.

Essential oils are generally extracted by distillation.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:50:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dramamine has worked for SWIM in the past.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

sheepie
#5 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:50:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what I got:
http://www.boyajianinc.com/citrus.html

Seems like it's just regular lemon oil? Do you think this isn't essential lemon oil?

I'd rather not smoke cannabis because I feel like cannabis dulls my mind. I like it crisp. I do accept that this is possibly the best antidote for nausea though.

I'm strongly considering going for an extract. I just need a good time to do it.

Thanks for the responses, brothers
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

۩
#6 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:57:08 AM

Well if I get nausea after eating some mesc I would lie down, meditate, breathe deep, eat a mango (or gnaw on a ginger root), smoke some hash, maybe eat something else, maybe not, drink some water, sit very still, then contemplate my next move, if it's purging, so be it! + + + <3

ouro
#7 Posted : 9/9/2011 4:08:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

first of all: welcome the purge. It typically clears any nausea. Not being able to purge ime is a sign of being dehydrated and drinking some water facilitates things moving around pretty well.

sheepie
#8 Posted : 9/9/2011 4:25:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ouro wrote:
first of all: welcome the purge. It typically clears any nausea. Not being able to purge ime is a sign of being dehydrated and drinking some water facilitates things moving around pretty well.

Thank you I'll remember that for next time
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

AlbertKLloyd
#9 Posted : 9/9/2011 2:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not been able to purge lately, i have tried but it just doesn't happen and the nausea doesn't last either. I tried drinking water, but it didn't bring anything up.

So when I feel a little queasy I see if I can purge, but generally breathe and focus on something like a rattle and shake it with a steady beat. Before long the sensation of nausea goes away. I have never had it last past the initial stage before effects are strong.

In the past I have purged with high doses, it is nice to try to drink something that tastes good and has an ok texture on the way back out.

Very small doses of datura can also prevent nausea, but ginger is as good as datura in that regard and it is harder to over do it with ginger.

oneistheall
#10 Posted : 9/9/2011 2:22:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the natural remedy is ginger root, you can have it raw, in a tea or in pills.works very well as a nausea preventive and cure.
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

mew
#11 Posted : 9/20/2011 6:39:10 PM

huachumancer

despine,
deskin,
decore,
dry green flesh,
powder green flesh,
rehydrate slightly to make paste balls,
flush each appropriate size ball down your gullet with grapefruit (acid flavor cancels cacti bitterness) flavored soda (no more than 4oz soda per foot)
remain laying down for about 2 hours or until you can safely burp/ do a few sit-ups (without purging)

this has been tried and true for just about everybody

Entheojen
#12 Posted : 9/20/2011 8:54:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hold it in and let it come out the other end! Beware of projectile ass vomiting!
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

Madcap
#13 Posted : 9/24/2011 12:23:50 AM

illudium Q-36

ahh yes, the green flub. It moves pretty fast !

I don't get much nausea. But, if my body want to let something go, I do not try and stop it. Cacti Stacks well, you can always take some more later. I used to take a couple <discouraged topic> seeds to block nausea and kick up the electric feeling. But, I prefer the experience without the added zing now.

If the lemon oil works, I know my wife would love that.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

cruisinalltheway
#14 Posted : 12/6/2011 6:11:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive used datura stramonium seeds as well as dramamine. i think the dramamine was more effective however

mew
#15 Posted : 12/6/2011 10:31:13 PM

huachumancer

hydrate all day without calories

have fasted for 18 hours

take at sundown

remain sedentary until comfortable

shower/bathe

soulfood
#16 Posted : 12/6/2011 11:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I find if I want a large dose it's best if I make a resin and eat over a period of 3-4 hours. No nausea.

I only get nausea if I eat too much too soon.

My main issue with cactus is the stomach cramps I get about 4 hours into the trip. It passes in 30 minutes max though and it's waaaaay worth it Very happy

cave paintings
#17 Posted : 1/7/2012 8:28:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm wondering if anyone has as bad a reaction to cacti as I have had..

First time I ate san pedro raw (about a foot), I had no issues, and I ate a lot of white innards and ate the outer skin. No nausea.

I've eaten san pedro resin, a few times, but the last time I did, I received the worst stomach problems I have had in my life, no exaggeration. Could not puke. It wasn't even nausea as much as pain and cramping for hours that would worsen with my heartbeat. I had to just lie down for two hours on the cement where I was..

Today, after chopping up and skinning a monstrousous bridgesii, I ate a couple two inch 'filets' of inner skin. I had some pain for an hour or two, but it eventually died down after I had some food and alot of water (not necessarily the cause of the relief though). I got a surprising amount of effects off those bits though and found the cramps to be worth it this time, but I could tell if I ate more I would be on the floor.

It's not so much a feeling like I am going to vomit as much as feeling like I am being stabbed in my stomach and feeling like it is not digesting. I am also surprised because I have always had a strong stomach.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I just overanalyzing my experience and what I speak of is the 'normal' cacti nausea? Because in all honesty, if the nausea and pain I got from the cacti resin is normal, then I don't know if I can go back. Any tips?
Maybe I should acquire some ginger root or take a few tips from mew.
Living to Give

Shanghigher
#18 Posted : 10/28/2017 12:35:46 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

I realise this is an old thread, but I just wanted to give a thumbs up for unexpected use of "projectile ass vomiting" - it made my day.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Godsmacker
#19 Posted : 10/28/2017 2:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A small dose of a benzodiazepine 30-50 minutes in advance, ginger rhizome, and 4-8mg of ondansetron are great anti-emetics
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

nexalizer
#20 Posted : 10/28/2017 6:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only had mescaline, so not sure if the cactus nausea is appreciably moar intense, but ..

I just tough it out. It's not so bad, and goes away after one hour.

Definitely not pleasant, but not worse (for me) than, say, Ayahuasca.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

12NEXT