We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thank You to DMT-Nexus and Essay of Introduction Options

TakesOneToKnowOne
#1 Posted : 9/8/2011 2:53:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for allowing this website to exist. Within minutes of asking a question, after only very little searching, I was able to get an answer (albeit a different one than I expected, and in a roundabout way) and continue life without my vexing query. As such, I shall at least make an attempt to contribute what knowledge and experience I have to this grand pursuit of knowledge.

I am a person. You may get to know me by the content of my posts and replies, but I will try to leave specifics out of the picture. I found this website with the help of a friend who thoughtfully pointed me this way after asking him a question relating to-you guessed it-DMT. I have questions about DMT because I'm a curious person. Indeed, much of my life has been marked by curiosity, if not all of it.

Curiosity has principally directed much of my learning in life. The rest has been by accident or because someone in charge of me decided that something in particular was important enough to warrant exposure. If you think I should know something, I would love to know it. If I think you should know something, I'll try to communicate that knowledge the best I can. Most importantly, I will first and foremostly always attempt to remember that we're all made of the same stuff and nobody's perfect. I believe I'm at my best when I try to view my experiences and that of others objectively, and I hope my words and actions speak for themselves.

Lovingly,

One

Have you forgotten how to fly? One does...

[img]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/Deadmanwalkin90/SuperJail%20Caps/Dont%20Be%20A%20Negaton/n110.png[/img]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 9/8/2011 2:56:05 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello TakesOneToKnowOne,

Very nice introduction essay. Very happy Welcome to the Nexus.

Might you be willing in general terms to let us know a bit about your exposure to psychedelics in general and DMT in particular? What you thought and/or how they affected you?

Hope to see you around. Welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

TakesOneToKnowOne
#3 Posted : 9/8/2011 5:25:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Hello TakesOneToKnowOne,

Very nice introduction essay. Very happy Welcome to the Nexus.

Might you be willing in general terms to let us know a bit about your exposure to psychedelics in general and DMT in particular? What you thought and/or how they affected you?

Hope to see you around. Welcome.

To Whom It May Concern,

The first psychedelic substance I ever took not counting marijuana was a 30x Salvia divinorum extract. The effects of this extract were mild, possibly due to lack of experience with Salvia and psychedelics in general. I had several pleasurable, mind-expanding experiences with mushrooms (as often happens)several months later, which encouraged me to then try 2CI close to two years later.*

My experience on 2CI was so far from my previous perceptions of reality...my reception of insights from that trip has come slowly, much of it occurring recently as I begin to grasp the Truth of reality. Specifically, my trip progressed quickly from amusement; to amazement; slowly to anxiety; to an out-of-body experience which lasted close to two hours; into a slowly but steadily re-coalescing reality; and back into my initial amazement (although at this point I was perhaps more occupied by the shattering of reality than the still-impressive audio-visual distortions which were still occurring). 2CI was a blast, and several months later during the summer I tried LSD for the first time. This experience was all smiles. I'd never had more fun with drugs in my life. I wasn't anxious, never experienced overwhelming anything, and ended up being one part of a period in my life that was characterized by growth and positive self-exploration.

That LSD trip was also the first time I became aware of DMT as a psychedelic substance. I took a hit vaporized out of a "device" less than a month later but didn't experience anything very noticeable at all. From that point, for about two years, I was mostly content with not doing any more drugs whatsoever. About a year and a half into my period of relative abstinence, I began smoking pot with more and more regularity. This trend developed alongside a re-submersion into the world of drugs (minus a few I found to be particularly distasteful and plus a couple I found to be particularly delightful) and placed me at a friend of a friend's house, under the influence of MDA and fearlessly inhaling my first lungful of DMT (of the N,N- variety). I had passed up several opportunities to smoke DMT after my first attempt due to a fear of the unknown and several unpleasant experiences with drugs under my belt. At this point, though, I was ready, and boy am I glad I was. I was delighted by what I experienced, something I thought of at the time as merely profoundly delightful. I tried it again several weeks later with a more-experienced friend and had my first trip tinted by spirituality, still delightful but slightly more awe-inspiring. I was still fairly inexperienced with DMT at this point, and experimented with it solo several times before realizing that I wasn't taking the substance seriously enough. Since then, I've had a few very psychedelic and meaningful trips, but I realize that there's possibly no limit to how hard you can trip with this stuff. I try to be careful when dealing with substances nowadays but I'm still learning.

In the meantime, I've brought DMT to the attention of many people I thought would benefit from a DMT experience. I hope that we all learn to accept DMT as a substance with profound implications for existence and the nature of reality, and I advise all who are curious to approach this substance with the utmost respect. Do this by seeking Truth on the matter, balancing written and verbal communication with first-hand experience (preferably guided experienced, especially at first).

Lovingly,

One

*Note: around the same time I first tried mushrooms I also tried Ecstacy, on more than one occasion. My experiences with Ecstacy were never so obviously profound as my experiences with mushrooms or any other psychedelic for that matter. In hindsight, I realize that all experiences may be psychedelic in nature but for the purposes of this post I only mention drugs and experiences which seem particularly psychedelic, at least in my mind.

P.S. I know this is the wrong forum, but will someone please tell me how to insert a picture into my signature? Thank you.
Have you forgotten how to fly? One does...

[img]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/Deadmanwalkin90/SuperJail%20Caps/Dont%20Be%20A%20Negaton/n110.png[/img]

gammagore
#4 Posted : 9/9/2011 12:31:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TakesOneToKnowOne wrote:

P.S. I know this is the wrong forum, but will someone please tell me how to insert a picture into my signature? Thank you.

That function was disabled a while back, along with animated avatars.

if you have some nice pics to share, post away, we can always move them to a more appropriate sub-forum.