We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleaning acetone used for washing Options

The Day Tripper
#1 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:56:37 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I was wondering, is there anyway to clean up acetone that was used for washing alkaloid salts not soluble in the acetone?

I have approx 250ml of "dirty" yellow acetone, and decided to not evaporate my washes and save them in case they could be cleaned and re-used somehow. Would be really cool, not having to keep buying acetone to wash things with. Then i could re-use all the solvents in my extractions, and not have to evaporate anything but water.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.โ€ - Wendell Berry

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

damon
#2 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm surprised no responses yet for something I would consider dangerous.

It's not worth the risk. I suppose an alcohol still would work, but acetone is more volatile and it might be harder to cool it down to condense. It might cause too much pressure when heated. Not that I know first hand, it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

I always evap acetone washes and do a mini a/b vinegar to lime then acetone again. The washes definitely contain actives because you can't get all the water out of acetone. I dry out my mescaline washes and consume as-is, dissolved again in water, for lagniappe doses because that stuff is priceless to me. I haven't tried MEK, as acetone is good enough for me to wash HCLs and fumarates.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:36:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

What is dangerous about this exactly?

If you get a distillation set (and a heating mantel), you could run the acetone through that and voila, fresh acetone. This is how I clean all my limonene and other solvents.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

The Day Tripper
#4 Posted : 9/13/2011 7:46:58 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Well, i was thinking along the lines of activated carbon or something, i don't really have the equip or experience to distill the acetone. If there's a way to do it without distilling, I'm totally in, but i don't think that's a route i want to go (distilling).
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.โ€ - Wendell Berry