We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Celastrus Paniculatus - "Intellect Tree" Options

EquaL Observer
#1 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:19:05 PM

Ross

Thought I'd share my recent experience of these seeds and some info. Basically it's an effective brain tonic. After just 2 days eating around 20 a day I could feel increased mental "sharpness" - it will be interesting going back to university.
Dreams have been at times shockingly real and very bizarre. There was one prophetic dream as well. I've been going lucid more than usual - in my dreams I've been eating lots of horribly unhealthy tasty things and tasting it all! - probably due to it being off limits in my diet Smile.

Anyhow, it seems to be hitting the west recently, I found it on a famous online auction site in the UK. Not much written about it or many reports of usage

http://www.celastrus.com...paniculatus_research.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celastrus_paniculatus
Your depth is your integrity

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hyperspace Fool
#2 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:43:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Celastrus has been around for quite some time. Many of the usual herb supplier websites have carried it forever, and there are a number of commercial tonics and supplements that contain it. There is even one that went to great lengths to tout and prove its beneficial effects... spending a lot of coin in the process. I forget the brand name though.

Personally, I have bought and used celastrus seeds for years. Amazing stuff. Never felt tempted to do it regularly, though, and even taking 7-10 seeds seems quite a boost to me. It is much more "obvious" of a nootropic than most. Considerably more noticeably cognitive enhancing than piracetam, vinpocetine, anaracetam etc. Of the racetams I've tried, only oxyracetam had a similarly profound effect. At times 5HTP has given me immediate and beneficial results as well. Same thing with Huperzine.

Of course, some people believe you have to take large ammounts of nootropics over a lengthy period of "loading up" time to build up significant levels in the system. While there is some evidence for that, I find that nootropics like celastrus that have an immediate and useful effect are preferable for me. You can never be sure how any of these things will interact with serotoninergics, RIMAs, or other MAO effecting thingies.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

polytrip
#3 Posted : 9/10/2011 3:50:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Any (reliable) vendor that sells this stuff?

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 9/11/2011 11:49:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

Iamshaman has the seeds... there are probably dozens if you google it, and I can't speak for price or quality differences as I have only ordered them 2 times in 10 years.

http://iamshaman.com/eshop/10Browse.asp

Seems like a good deal to me, as their seeds seemed fresh and still work years later.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Elicius
#5 Posted : 9/11/2011 11:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: An idealistic state of mind I carry with me at all times
Interesting stuff

Quote:
after just 2 days eating around 20 a day I could feel increased mental "sharpness"

Iamshaman sells in 1oz, 4oz, and 16oz increments. How many seeds would you estimate 1oz is?

maxzar100
#6 Posted : 1/18/2012 12:16:12 AM

Earth Child

I just ordered 3oz of celastrus oil. Will keep you all informed.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

CosmicLion
#7 Posted : 1/18/2012 5:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great find! Thanks a lot!
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

maxzar100
#8 Posted : 1/22/2012 7:49:18 PM

Earth Child

So my 100ml of celastrus oil arrived on Saturday. I have been experimenting with it ever since with promising results. I usually feel a noticeable stimulation and clarity. One thing that I am still getting used to, is the feeling that I am about to start tripping on lsd, especially in the higher doses. My thought process speeds up but it is not necessarily uncomfortable.

On another note, I had extremely lucid and intense dreams. Dream recall has improved significantly as well. Last night, I was able to realize that I was dreaming, which has never happened to me before. I expressed to other characters in the dream this fact, yet was not in complete control of these dreams.

The dream I had last night was more vivid then my dreams with Calea Z and salvia teas. Class starts again tomorrow, will keep you all posted.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:

rOm
#9 Posted : 1/30/2012 7:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

http://www.mh-uk.net/page33/page33.html

there also.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

SpartanII
#10 Posted : 2/1/2012 6:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting!Cool

How would you prepare the seeds for ingestion? (for maximum absorption)

nexalizer
#11 Posted : 2/1/2012 6:52:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.. are there any side effects ?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

BananaForeskin
#12 Posted : 2/2/2012 10:32:55 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Has anybody worked much with this stuff and can provide some more info on use? I've found the basics repeated over and over again, but never seen much on preparation or dosage.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

nexalizer
#13 Posted : 2/3/2012 3:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Has anybody worked much with this stuff and can provide some more info on use? I've found the basics repeated over and over again, but never seen much on preparation or dosage.

FWIW, I'm also interested in knowing more.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

TimePantry
#14 Posted : 2/4/2012 12:29:26 AM

It's a field.

I am interested too ... I am waiting on my first-ever order of pramiracetam. I like piracetam a lot, I'm looking forward to kicking it up a few notches.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

SpartanII
#15 Posted : 2/4/2012 1:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No answers to the questions above?Sad

nexalizer
#16 Posted : 2/4/2012 11:45:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
No answers to the questions above?Sad

It's a conspiracy !:evil:Razz

maxzar100
#17 Posted : 2/4/2012 6:02:55 PM

Earth Child

Well with the oil from LLG, I have been using about 15 drops twice a day. The recommended dose was 5 a day in the morning... I'm sure that if I cleaned all of the thc out of my system, I would feel greater effects from the tincture

Quote:

Hyperspace Fool
#18 Posted : 2/5/2012 8:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never had tincture or anything but the seeds.

I only just chew up some seeds and swallow... no arcane preparation. I don't even bother with making a tea. The seeds taste wretched, but you get used to them. Have a glass of something standing by to wash the taste down... or if you're particularly sensitive, you could chew them up with peanut butter.

As for dose, I can feel the effects with as little as 6 or 7 seeds. Taking much more than 20 doesn't seem to increase the effects all that much to me. Of course, I never tried taking a huge dose, so I have no idea if there is some magical plateau reachable with this stuff. I find that 10-15 seeds is optimal for regular brain stimulation. Perhaps if some special occasion comes around where I wanna push the envelope, I will take a serious dose or attempt a concentrated infusion or extraction. If I do I will let you guys know. Or, any of you do, post your results.

Wish there was more to say. The stuff works well, and it is very uncomplicated.

astralspice
#19 Posted : 2/9/2012 3:52:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elicius wrote:
Interesting stuff

Iamshaman sells in 1oz, 4oz, and 16oz increments. How many seeds would you estimate 1oz is?

I would like to know this as well.
REALITY 5.0

bodhi
#20 Posted : 2/9/2012 5:05:11 PM

it's just a dream

Ordered from ebay, shipped from India

50 Gram Celastrus paniculatus seeds

123NEXT»