We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
making magic wands.. Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 11/4/2008 3:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what kinds of woods do you use? i have been using oak up till now. what i am looking for is the wood of latua pubiflora. it is said that shamans use this specific wood for making the magic wands.

i have found a shop selling the seeds now. it has taken me a good 8 years to find this shop:
http://www.rareplants.de...ult.asp?numLanguageID=1

how do you go about making wands? how do you breathe magic into them? a magic wand is a great tool when in the right state. it itself doesnt have the power it only concentrates it.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 11/4/2008 3:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Although SWIM does not believe in magic SWIM has some sticks he digs. The best sticks for walking but also for fun come from beaver dams. The beavers chop them up nicely and preserve them also by storing them underwater for a period of time. So if you live anywhere near beavers go nab one from a beaver dam.

magic clown
#3 Posted : 11/4/2008 7:48:18 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

What do you mean, you dont believe in magic! Are you nuts? I can make magic wands out of anything remotely looking something like a stick.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 11/4/2008 7:52:57 PM

The Great Namah

Maple from a tree that was blown down by a hurricane, carves with runes, a nice quartz embedded in the top, and a nice wood stain.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#5 Posted : 11/5/2008 11:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you don't believe in magic you don't believe in dmt.. dmt is magic! one may also call it hypertechnology.

i have found wands to be very useful in those states. if you believe in it anything can be useful in that state.. be it a stone, a wand, a piece of bread.. whatever. if you believe it will help you -it will! its all about placebo! placebo is the most powerful technique to be learned when it comes to transformation/self manipulation.

not everyone is able to "just believe in it".. it takes practice to believe in such things when ones origin lies in the western world. but these things actually work. the magic lies in the mind not in the wand. but the mind may transform the wand to something it does believen in.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#6 Posted : 11/5/2008 3:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^SWIM does use a special ring he found for these purposes but its more for psychological comfort like a good luck charm. and the mentioned beaver stick. but yes while other the influence SWIM has used the ring to divert weather patterns etc but of course it didn't really do anything SWIM still got rained on Laughing but its fun.

no I do not believe in magic at all but understand why, SWIM is chemist, chemistry = what was once thought to be magic. what we now consider magic is what we do not yet understand. that understanding will come with further study and knowledge. calling something magic is limiting the understanding of the phenomenon. although it does suite the psychedelic experience and DMT experience well as a term to describe it but only because we do not yet or perhaps will never in our life times fully understand whats going on in that realm. Really its just a language thing though and doesn't really matter. We may never understand some phenomenon for sure and its fine to call that magic I just prefer not too for whatever weird reasons my brainwashed scientific mind has for that Laughing

lorax
#7 Posted : 11/5/2008 4:25:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. i understand your point of view. i used to think like that too.. very scientific and so on. at some point i just realized that my life is much more fun if instead of trying to understand these things i rather try to just live in symbiotic relationship with them. sometimes real joy lies in simplicity. its like for example in a 3d program you often use low polygonal geometry to transform high resolution objects because the lowfi objects are easier to handle than the hifi objects. but in the end through transforming the lofi you are also transforming the hifi.

this description may sound strange but it is applicable to a lot of things. on can also apply it to a way of looking at things. either in defocalized(lofi) state or in focalized(hifi) state. sometimes thoughts which arise in one whilst looking at things in lofi are very usable in the hifi also. the lofi just helps keeping it simple and therefore more power goes into the solution rather than into the display.

i often see my mind as a computer which also has its capacity which needs to be distributed well, so that the system runs stable.

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 11/5/2008 4:29:35 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

lorax wrote:
be it a stone, a wand, a piece of bread.. whatever. if you believe it will help you -it will! its all about placebo! placebo is the most powerful technique to be learned when it comes to transformation/self manipulation.

Oh crap, I truly tried my best to believe I could transform my cup of coffee into tasty lunch today, and still haven't gotten it to work. Thanks lorax, now I'm still hungry and got loads of work to do on top of it...

Razz

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#9 Posted : 11/5/2008 4:46:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
yeah.. i understand your point of view. i used to think like that too.. very scientific and so on. at some point i just realized that my life is much more fun if instead of trying to understand these things i rather try to just live in symbiotic relationship with them. sometimes real joy lies in simplicity.

I understand, however I take another view and its also my job to figure things out and I love it so its all fun for me. However my goal is to figure things out that are a bit more practical. The magic realms are hobby although they are getting closer and closer to SWIMs real life all the time which is a scary yet exciting prospect.

It is nice to simply live but with all the injustice and bullshit out there some of us really need to get involved and figure things out not just for ourselves but for others who are not capable. There is no shame in failing nor any shame in not really caring one way or the other but now I am rambling and getting off track cheers Laughing

lorax
#10 Posted : 11/19/2008 12:13:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i guess the middle way is the best. one should never stop questioning but try to keep an open mind to fantasy as it can help us in many ways when venturing out of our normal reality.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 11/19/2008 12:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

magic is real...magic is jim-jam! do you have jim-jam?

anybody see any elfs playing with this blob of stuff..i call it jim-jam...they can build anything with it..show you anything with it..its great stuff..ive got some on back order
it's a sound

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 11/19/2008 4:32:04 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Tuning forks and stones and gems are cool too.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 11/19/2008 5:27:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

'Coatl wrote:
Tuning forks and stones and gems are cool too.

incorporate those into the wand...make a wand with a tuning fork...SWIM found one at the shamans basement that is tuned to OM..137.1hz or something like that...put that in the end of a wand..and then insert your gems into the rest of the wand...possibly have them inset all the way up to the main crystal at the tip...possibly have them set up according to chakras or use the crystals to further tune the OM sound as it vibrates up the shaft..till it gets to the main crystal at the end for very powerful effects

i may have to design one of these...
it's a sound

rellik
#14 Posted : 11/20/2008 1:09:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

Oh crap, I truly tried my best to believe I could transform my cup of coffee into tasty lunch today, and still haven't gotten it to work. Thanks lorax, now I'm still hungry and got loads of work to do on top of it...

you have to admit that humans have only scratched the surface of what is going on in this world. Smile though, wands...if there was an object used to transform it would definitely some kind of crystal. preferably one that is smooth enough to swallow.

edit: crystals work best when they are located closest to the DMT's, obviously...
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.