We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychonautic Progression: An Introductory Essay Options

amoteofdust
#1 Posted : 9/7/2011 8:06:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello:

To say I'm excited about discovery of this site would by the biggest understatement of my adult, conscious life. Joy and love have filled me upon entering this site and a sense of belonging surrounds me, and in that sense, without hesitation I would like to express my gratitude: Thank you.

My first dappling in psychonautics was mediation at age sixteen. I practiced many different types of mediation and this evolved into my discovery and practice in lucid dreaming and I still practice wake-initiated lucid dreaming (an incredible experience I highly recommend). Around my first years in college I incorporated psychedelics and hallucinogenics into my psychonautic adventures. I studied Psychology and Neuroscience as an undergraduate with my thesis in psychopharmacology. Reading peer-reviewed scholarly journals about the potential health benefits of many hallucinogens only aided in my desire and pursuit in the unknown.

I'm currently a Grad student in my first semester. I'm back in university after taking two years off after my undergrad degree to tickle the fancy of my white-collared family in the corporate world...that wasn't for me. My ambitions professionally are to teach in the university academic environment.

I've done and experienced with an open-mind all I can, that is except DMT. So, it seems plausible and the logical next progression to move in that direction. I would like to become a member of this site, share, experience, and love.

Above everything, I consider myself a student, and yes, I intend for this to be meant as metaphorically as one can imagine. The first thing I learned about being a psychonaut is release: release of what I hold to be real, release of my pride and ego, release to allow the unknown. I'm excited and hope that I may join and become a next-level member. My hopes are to begin learning and gain knowledge so I may begin my first extraction and experience.

Please, if anyone is curious to know more about myself or my experiences, feel free to contact me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
Respectfully,

-Amoteofdust
Follow your bliss.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 9/7/2011 3:33:50 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello amoteofdust,

Welcome to the Nexus. Thank you for taking the time to compose such a well written and thought out introduction. I really feel like I got a beginning of a sense of who you are from reading it.

Sounds like your life/education/career path have been fascinating to date. And now you find yourself interested in DMT? Get ready to take it to the next level. Very happy

If you might be willing to share a bit more about your history with psychedelics, what you've gotten out of those experiences, etc., I'm sure folks would find it to be fascinating.

If you have not already done so, I encourage you to click on the Wiki link in the upper right hand corner of the forum pages - it has links to very well written and thought out material, including Healthy & Safety and various easy to use extraction teks.

Please don't hesitate to post any questions you might have. And again, welcome to the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Enoon
#3 Posted : 9/8/2011 11:53:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

welcome to the nexus, amoteofdust! Glad to have you with us. What is your current area of research / desired area of research for your graduate degree? This field is so interesting but also somewhat difficult to tackle IMO because so much of the beneficial properties of the psychedelics probably can't be solely explained by neuro-chemistry but more by the subjective experience, for which we have very few tools to properly investigate and evaluate. Perhaps I just have not looked into it enough. If you could elucidate this a little I would be greatly obliged.

In any case, like Pandora, I am also interested in your previous experiences with psychedelics and what they mean to you. Concerning DMT are you interested in any specific form of administration more than another?

Good luck and much success in your extractions!!!
cheers!

Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction