We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Re-crystallized Salvinorin A Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:20:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I did a little experiment with a small quantity of the salvinorin A I recently extracted: I dissloved a small amount of salvinorin A in acetone, then gradually added hot water until the solution just started to get a bit cloudy.

I allowed it to cool overnight, and the next morning I was greeted by lots of small needle-like crystals. Nice!
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
salvinorin3.JPG (87kb) downloaded 469 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:22:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful! Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

DeMenTed
#3 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:57:18 AM

Barry

wow Smile

actualfactual
#4 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice salvia shards you got there!

tacodude
#5 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:14:00 AM
Tacoman! DOO DA DOO

WOW giberan!!!! Think of opening a nexus only store? Very happy
If you are reading my post you should be reading this, Understand I am very immature and sarcastic anything said by me should be consider as such unless it is more than 3 sentences long.

Call me out if needed, but also remember to treat others the way you would like to be treated Very happy

Shadowman-x
#6 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:26:40 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

incredible.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh my, look at that fluffy goodness! Delicious. Smile

christian
#8 Posted : 9/7/2011 7:52:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see you, to see you..NICE!Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Apoc
#9 Posted : 9/10/2011 6:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

NEAT!!! Just wondering, why does this happen when water is mixed with acetone?

Entropymancer
#10 Posted : 9/10/2011 7:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Salvinorin A is very soluble in acetone, but insoluble in water. Adding enough hot water that the salvinorin A isn't so comfortable in solution and allowing it to slowly cool lets the molecules coming out of solution to aggregate into larger crystals.

I wonder if insufflating 10 mg or so would accomplish anything, or if the purity/ordered structure of the crystals would prevent the salvinorin A from entering the bloodstream through the nasal mucosa quickly enough. I've read one interesting account of snuffing an extract of S. divinorum, but they used an unpurified acetone extract of the leaves evaporated to an amorphous powder.

MelCat
#11 Posted : 9/10/2011 7:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm down to be a guinea pig for that trial Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

tigerstrike92
#12 Posted : 9/10/2011 5:09:08 PM

Homo-divinorum

righteous!! Very happy
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

gibran2
#13 Posted : 9/10/2011 10:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
I wonder if insufflating 10 mg or so would accomplish anything, or if the purity/ordered structure of the crystals would prevent the salvinorin A from entering the bloodstream through the nasal mucosa quickly enough. I've read one interesting account of snuffing an extract of S. divinorum, but they used an unpurified acetone extract of the leaves evaporated to an amorphous powder.

I tried insufflating 10mg and got no effects. Sad
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

joedirt
#14 Posted : 9/10/2011 11:05:01 PM

Not I

gibran2 wrote:
Entropymancer wrote:

I tried insufflating 10mg and got no effects. Sad

sugar crystals. Would be my first guess. That's a bummer, but had that been Salvinorin A and you took that dose....yikes!

--edit. What does it taste like?
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

gibran2
#15 Posted : 9/10/2011 11:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
sugar crystals. Would be my first guess. That's a bummer, but had that been Salvinorin A and you took that dose....yikes!

It's smell is reminiscent of... something that I can't place. Not unpleasant. It's also very mild - no irritation, no burning.

I was certain that an insufflated or sublingual dose is much larger than a smoked dose, so I knew I wouldn't be going too deep, but I was hoping for something. Oh well. Salvinorin A is not very eager to enter into the bloodstream.

Next test - 10mg dissolved in a very small amount of acetone, then dilute with water and take sublingually (acetone is non-toxic orally in small quantities).

christian
#16 Posted : 9/10/2011 11:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MINE!!! Twisted Evil
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

joedirt
#17 Posted : 9/10/2011 11:38:32 PM

Not I

gibran2 wrote:
joedirt wrote:

It's smell is reminiscent of... something that I can't place. Not unpleasant. It's also very mild - no irritation, no burning.

I was certain that an insufflated or sublingual dose is much larger than a smoked dose, so I knew I wouldn't be going too deep, but I was hoping for something. Oh well. Salvinorin A is not very eager to enter into the bloodstream.

Next test - 10mg dissolved in a very small amount of acetone, then dilute with water and take sublingually (acetone is non-toxic orally in small quantities).

10mg is larger than the initial dose I tried with spice. I literall started witha speck, then 2 mgs, then 5 mgs, them 10, then 15, then 20...launch! Smile

You are right it is going to be a larger dose, but the experience is also going to be a good bit longer than smoking salvia. I would hate to take a very large dose and be stuck in salvia space for an hour....of course I'm not really called to salvia space much. this is a pretty unexplored realm for me.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

gibran2
#18 Posted : 9/11/2011 3:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
10mg is larger than the initial dose I tried with spice. I literall started witha speck, then 2 mgs, then 5 mgs, them 10, then 15, then 20...launch! Smile

You are right it is going to be a larger dose, but the experience is also going to be a good bit longer than smoking salvia. I would hate to take a very large dose and be stuck in salvia space for an hour....of course I'm not really called to salvia space much. this is a pretty unexplored realm for me.

Tried it yesterday: 10mg dissolved in a very small amount of acetone, then added water to dilute. The salvinorin A immediately precipitated out, forming a milky white solution (a suspension of very fine particles of salvinorin A).

I put this in my mouth, let it circulate around - under tongue, sides of mouth, everywhere. After about 15 minutes, I swallowed it.

The result... Nothing!

Next test: 1mg vaporized in the GVG.

Mindlusion
#19 Posted : 9/11/2011 5:52:01 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

gibran2 wrote:
joedirt wrote:

Tried it yesterday: 10mg dissolved in a very small amount of acetone, then added water to dilute. The salvinorin A immediately precipitated out, forming a milky white solution (a suspension of very fine particles of salvinorin A).

I put this in my mouth, let it circulate around - under tongue, sides of mouth, everywhere. After about 15 minutes, I swallowed it.

The result... Nothing!

Next test: 1mg vaporized in the GVG.

Good luck Smile

Careful not to vaporize too much of those crystals, I find dosing salvia extracts is hard enough... Pure salvinorin would be the last molecule i'd want to take too much of.
*- also you may want to take note of the much more powerful, ego ripping, dissociating effects of vaporizing the purified crystals... (I am relating this regarding the aggressive onset of effects of vaporized freebase DMT, compared to smoking changa or enhanced leaf..)*

The key here is to find a method for salvinorin to easily permeate the membrane... DMSO perhaps? I enjoyed the slower absorption of the quid method much more then inhaled.

maybe you should just try a much larger dose sublingually.. maybe 50-100mg? Now that may be too much, maybe try continuous dosing of 10mg until you can perceive effects? I know extremely large amounts of leaves must be chewed for a decent experience.
And maybe instead of acetone diluted in water, you could a minimal amount of ethanol, absorption is better with a minimal amount of solvent, >1ml, and the compound being completely aqueous

next step... intravenous injection? Twisted Evil
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

gibran2
#20 Posted : 9/11/2011 6:39:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mindlusion wrote:
Good luck Smile

Careful not to vaporize too much of those crystals, I find dosing salvia extracts is hard enough... Pure salvinorin would be the last molecule i'd want to take too much of.
*- also you may want to take note of the much more powerful, ego ripping, dissociating effects of vaporizing the purified crystals... (I am relating this regarding the aggressive onset of effects of vaporized freebase DMT, compared to smoking changa or enhanced leaf..)*

The key here is to find a method for salvinorin to easily permeate the membrane... DMSO perhaps? I enjoyed the slower absorption of the quid method much more then inhaled.

maybe you should just try a much larger dose sublingually.. maybe 50-100mg? Now that may be too much, maybe try continuous dosing of 10mg until you can perceive effects? I know extremely large amounts of leaves must be chewed for a decent experience.
And maybe instead of acetone diluted in water, you could a minimal amount of ethanol, absorption is better with a minimal amount of solvent, >1ml, and the compound being completely aqueous

next step... intravenous injection? Twisted Evil

Yes – I thought about how DMT effects compare when using the GVG vs. less efficient devices. But I think 1mg is a reasonable amount. I’ve had 2mg doses in the form of 20X without too much trouble, so I think 1mg isn’t unreasonably high.

I’ve thought about trying larger sublingual doses, but 100mg? Even if it worked, it would be very wasteful. Based on my extraction and growing results, that’s almost as much salvinorin A as is contained in a medium-sized plant (about 35g dried leaf).

My guess is that IV administration is more similar to smoked extract than it is to quidding, so no advantages there.

12NEXT