We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
"Sass - Organic Ecstacy" is Complete Bullshit Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 9/6/2011 9:41:29 AM

SWIM

(I'm kinda tired so I might put more details tomorrow)

My brother's friend stopped havingMDMA as soon as he found Sass.He went on and on about how the stuff was totally different than MDMA or MDA and how "natural" it was for quite a while.
The Sass looked like a light/brown powder with a kinda pink hue and it smells like Sassafras and a tad licorice'y

My brother claims that the effects are way smoother and quite a bit different than MDMA and more natural feeling too, his friend claims the same.

I was very skeptical about this "Sass" and after snorting some actual MDMA (for the first time ever, ugh) a couple days before I knew the taste well.
My brother and I ... borrowed some from him and after it was all measured there was a residue of the "sass" on the tray and I asked if I could lick it off and then I did.
Suddenly I stopped. Concentrated on the taste and then I really really got skeptical.

I stated my skepticism and a guy who was over who claimed to have made LSD in the past told me the process which I beleive until I saw the MDMA synthesis guide and it was almost exactly the same as what he told me.

Funny side note: He mentioned that he perfected extracting DMT and I held back but calmly told him that I was better at it than him and seeing my tek he agreed and asked me a bunch of questions. it was funny

Anyway, the effects I got from the Sass were the same as I get from MDMA or at least very close

I then went on a searching rampage and found some strong evidence that makes Sass being organic and simple-extracted from sassafras oil to produce this stuff seem unlikely if not impossible.

Sassafras oil contains mainly safrole and and also notable, cinnamolaurine plus a bunch of other junk

Safrole is hepatoxic and though debated, it's effects have been said to be mild MDMA-like to nothing at all.

Cinnamolaurine is suspected to be toxic and it's psychoactivity is unknown. More important to point out is that all of the alkaloids contained in the oil are a petty 0.2% cinnamolaurine being one nearly a dozen alkaloids.

(I am not describing the synthesis, only the chemicals that are produced during the quite complicated procedure using lots of reagents and junk)

During the synthesis to MDMA or MDA the safrole is isolated
It is then turned into isosafrole

isosafrole is not psychedelic and quite toxic

The isosafrole is turned into MDP2P

MDP2P which can cause a tan to brown color in MDMA or MDA with just 1% impurity (pure MDMA is white)
MDP2P is not psychedelic but it does smell like sassafras and a little licorice-y. Also no one would sell it as MDMA because it is worth much more than MDMA.

From there the MDP2P is turned into either MDA or MDMA. The only chemicals mentioned that have empathic psychedelic effects.

Some of the forum posts I read say "Sass" is more than likely just MDA with some MDP2P impurity
I suppose it could just as likely be MDMA with the same MDP2P impurity

I am a little tired so some of the info might be a little off but the whole point that it is total bullshit to state that "Sass" is a much more natural organic ecstasy

Cheers, Night night.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

justine
#2 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:18:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it seems that pure MDMA is harder and harder to get so many dealers sell a brown powder which is, as you say, probably MDP2P+MDMA and maybe some unreacted (iso)safrole.

If you can't find pure MDMA you should try to purify it with either an acetone wash or, even better, an A/B extraction.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

q21q21
#3 Posted : 9/6/2011 12:31:28 PM

SWIM

I've never seen pure white MDMA but very light tan and very light tan-brown non-cut MDMA is quite easily available in good old hippie Vancouver.
My brother told me wasn't possible to get MDMA that isn't cut telling me stories of opening gel caps and finding meth crystals with the tan powder when he lived in Ontario. Then the morning after he tried the pure stuff my roomie had he totally, but graciously, ate his words and expressed how different the pure stuff is.

I suppose if you take a step back and think, though "sass" is a lie that attracts those who only do/prefer natural drugs, it is still potent, powerful and pleasant.
What is more disconcerning is the speedy E (meth and MDMA) sold as pure MDMA. I've even heard of plain meth pills with one of the 2c's or some other dirt-cheap RC sold as pure MDMA
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

actualfactual
#4 Posted : 9/6/2011 3:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

Some of the forum posts I read say "Sass" is more than likely just MDA with some MDP2P impurity
I suppose it could just as likely be MDMA with the same MDP2P impurity

sass is indeed slang for mda.. i've heard it called that since the late 90s

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This might be relevant in terms of mislabelling of MDMA:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24186

Getting substances that one doesnt make him/herself, and specially using drugs that have "brandnames" and not known specific chemical names is potentially very dangerous. Do not consume unknown substances, analyze what you have if possible.

On a side note, that claim about "Im better at making dmt than you" is pretty awkward attitude IMO, q21.. Making dmt isnt about who's better, isnt that totally missing the point? If you think someone could improve their method and that they have a right attitude, do inform them, give right arguments. Be the example by your actions and attitude.

Lastly, please make sure this thread continues with informational posts and harm reduction comments, and remember we do not want dealing talk. I edited your original post, q21, to remove unnecessary purchasing/source comments, you should know by now we do not want this kind of talk in the Nexus.

Thank you

ouro
#6 Posted : 9/6/2011 9:59:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also have know "sass" to be slang for MDA for a while... sounds like whoever was slinging it as "organic, natural" etc is just a bser or a bs believer.

biopsylo
#7 Posted : 9/6/2011 11:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i, too have heard 'sass' being called "organic ecstasy". and for me as well, this seemed a little hippy dippy, so i looked around a bit and was led to the possibility of it being impure MDA.

i did on several occasions try some of the strong smelling licoricy tan powder. twice it was quite nice, (euphoria and energy, minus the empathy) but the third time i tried some --over 2 yrs later, a single dose gave me very uncomfortable muscle spasms/cramping in the legs around pelvic area.

i will stay clear from that compound, whatever it isWink

MDMA is clear/white shardy powder that cuts directly into the tongue, and IF i take it once a year, it is fabulous

jdubs
#8 Posted : 9/6/2011 11:56:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a time a few years back that some cretins were selling a substance that smelt and tasted a bit like liquoirice for very cheap, as MDMA... I was suspicious at the time, and now I know what it was! It tasted far from natural though, bleurgh! It was nasty.
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

PsilocybeChild
#9 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:31:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've come across "Sass" as well. by the looks of it I figured it was just impure mda or mdma.. smelt strongly of licorice. n was brownish.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Apoc
#10 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't understand. I don't know anything about mdma, or sass, but it sounds like you say that the sass did in fact almost exactly like mdma, so then why do you still say it's bullshit? If it worked, why is it crap?

Does one just buy sassafras oil and drink it or something?

dg
#11 Posted : 9/7/2011 2:42:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

sass/mda is very nice material imo

the whole "organic x" thing was played out in these parts 5-6yrs ago

EquaL Observer
#12 Posted : 9/7/2011 2:48:59 PM

Ross

I've heard reports of a white mould which grows on wet sassafras which is similar to MDMA (have utmost caution of course). I have some growing just now and will report at some point. Sounds completely ludicrous..
Your depth is your integrity

dg
#13 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:38:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

EquaL Observer wrote:
I've heard reports of a white mould which grows on wet sassafras which is similar to MDMA (have utmost caution of course).

lol

The Day Tripper
#14 Posted : 9/7/2011 11:30:23 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Isn't this "sass" essentially the same as elemi oil? Albeit the mda/mdma counterpart to elemi's mescaline similarity. Its just very improbable that our bodies are doing the organic chemistry for us in our gut somehow making these substances active. However, mdma/mda from sassafass going the synth route is no longer "organic" any more so than synthesizing mdma/mda from other chemicals. Nature has given us the precursors, but not the substances themselves, or any way for our bodies to do the synth themselves.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

indydude19
#15 Posted : 5/2/2014 3:35:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a friend who is very much into the "E" scene and he has cleaned the brown sass before to obtain pure MDMA. Using a gram, on multiple occasions, he would end up with about .25-.5 grams pure white MDMA. I am very interested as to what the composition of the rest is, as around here nobody can identify it past being "Sass".

i am not sure what method he used to clean it but i will ask him and update this post after.

Is there any way to determine whether or not it is MDA or the other chemical? I have found this brown Sass to be enjoyable and more "Zoned" Confused than pure MDMA if that makes sense? i have noticed i get a worse chemical rebound from the Sass than pure MDMA as well.

I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

lysurgeon
#16 Posted : 5/6/2014 6:32:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My only experiences with "sassafras" has been alkaloids extracted from the sassafras root. Some time ago, the chemists doing the MDMA syntheses realized they could do an A/B/NP extraction from the leftover juice in their steam stills to produce an alkaloid extract with similar but much less intense effects as MDMA.

I have written about this material several times and generally been met with disbelief. Everyone thinks that the drug myths they've always believed ever since they were kids is true, and the idea that Sass=MDA is one of them. I have personally extracted and consumed this material, and I have received the identical material from others who have extracted it, and yes they called it Sassafras, because that's the plant it's extracted from.

The chemical proposed to be responsible for the effects of sassafras alkaloid extracts is cinnamolaurine. You can look it up, there's a wealth of info about it, although there is not a wealth on its pharmacology. I performed an experiment where I extracted alkaloids from two different species of cinnamon (which according to much literature, contains cinnamolaurine). The effects of these extracts were very similar to sassafras alkaloids. The differences can be explained by the different alkaloid profiles in each plant.

jamie
#17 Posted : 5/6/2014 10:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

and so what are the effects? Is it empathogenic?
Long live the unwoke.

Coja
#18 Posted : 5/7/2014 2:53:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"sass" is indeed a slang term for MDA. While I've only ever encountered white crystal MDA, I have encountered MDMA crystal with a slight brown tint and a sassafrass/spicy odor to it that was called "sass" and suspected to be MDA. The biggest difference between MDA and MDMA is the duration, with MDA lasting a fair bit longer and having somewhat more of a psychedelic component to it than MDMA does.

This is just another of those instances where slang really isn't helpful. However, I have heard the whole organic/natural label slapped on "sass" which is no more organic or natural than synthesized MDMA which can also be started from naturally sourced essential oils.

Lichen
#19 Posted : 5/7/2014 9:35:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

indydude19 wrote:

i am not sure what method he used to clean it but i will ask him and update this post after.

I'm interested in this.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 5/11/2014 9:52:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

lysurgeon wrote:
[...] I performed an experiment where I extracted alkaloids from two different species of cinnamon (which according to much literature, contains cinnamolaurine). The effects of these extracts were very similar to sassafras alkaloids. The differences can be explained by the different alkaloid profiles in each plant.

And I'm interested in this.

Have you posted details of this extraction anywhere? Or would we be talking largely standard procedures?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT