We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Is hyperspace navigable? Options

Dr Psychonaut
#1 Posted : 9/5/2011 7:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Being relatively new to DMT exploration (have only done 50 or so explorations) I am curious to hear from the more experienced travellers into how navigable they find hyperspace and the extent to which one can 'control' the experience and navigate where they go or what they see.

I say this because I have had a few experiences where I have been able to do this to a minor extent. I have begun to notice that I can sometimes control the volume of the whirring/ringing noise which also leads to the fractals slowing and a gentler experience. This takes a fair degree of concentration and relaxation into the experience. I also notice that when I see beautiful euphoria-inducing scenes by getting too excited and feeling the 'I want more!' kind of feeling it pollutes the scenes and dark beings enter and the scene becomes more negative. I generally find I have the most positive glowing experiences when I stay relaxed and not demanding or expectant of anything. I've also had a lot of loops that I've been previously stuck in but am now able to stop them by deciding against getting stuck in one as soon as I realise the scene is about to loop.

On one trip I was able to decide what I wanted to be shown. I'd been having a lot of early childhood themes and images on breakthroughs and wanted to see a bit more of these and see what they represented. At the beginning of a moderate dose 35mg trip I watched the usual fractals unfolding and then decided 'I want to see what these childhood themes are all about'. As soon as I thought this the fractals turned into scenes of my family in very early childhood and as this happened I felt my consciousness regress back to that of a 1 year old and began giggling at the happy familiar childhood images I was being shown. I was shown how when we start a new life here we have to learn everything about this world again from scratch and it offered insight into how our minds learn what different objects and things are when we are brand new to this world.

These are all short smoked DMT trips so wonder how aya/pharmahuasca and changa differ and if they offer a more navigable space?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tele
#2 Posted : 9/5/2011 7:21:49 PM
Explorer

Well so far the only thing I can navigate with is the music, that is for example jazzy kind of penthouse music(down to the bone band) brings a party to my dark room and in general gives the trip the vibe of the song.

As hyperspace is at least partly constructed of waves of sound, I think music plays huge role.

Similarly, when the room is quiet, I can sometimes hear the entities sizzling around the room, moving through sound or something.

And of course if there's music or not, for me at least usually it's very hard to direct the experience, usually surrender is the only way. However with low dose I think there's more chance of "navigating".

And of course, whatever thoughts you have when being there, can sometimes affect the trip ALOT. So maybe as you mentioned thinkin about childhood brought you that, maybe one can at least try to affect the trip with one's thoughts.

Usually just when everything's happening so quickly, it's hard to think of anythingLaughing

Global
#3 Posted : 9/5/2011 8:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Most of the time I have little ability to control what's going on, so I kinda just kick back and see what happens. If you're in front of a light source, an interesting exercise is to have your body pointed towards the light source with your eyes closed and then (and this works best if you have a swivel chair) without opening your eyes, rotate yourself and notice how things move and change. For me it doesn't simply grow dimmer. It's actually interesting to note that I've confused entities this way Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tele
#4 Posted : 9/5/2011 8:53:45 PM
Explorer

Sometimes music is the only thing that keeps certain powers at bay.

caliwa
#5 Posted : 9/5/2011 9:25:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say YES. I see lights, i feel curious, I go there. i get there, i notice everything is different from where I was before. I observe again, I see something i feel curious, i go there. how? i dont know, I just "desire" it and im able to go there. its a traveling that doesnt follow the laws of physics.
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Felnik
#6 Posted : 9/5/2011 9:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a point where you become hyperspace .
You can get so hooked in that you are an expression of hyperspace itself.
There is a playful mindset that brings you deeper and deeper
until your mind opens to an infinite planetarium of information .
I think the more you go the more you learn and remember. I think its possible
To eventually learn to navigate it .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Hyperspace Fool
#7 Posted : 9/5/2011 10:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is surely possible to navigate.

Takes practice. In a lot of ways it is like navigating a Lucid Dream. Awareness leads to intention which connects to willpower and bang you travel.

Smoking DMT is often too fast and intense to do much navigating. Much more like riding a roller coaster.

Ayahuasca gives you plenty of time to get acclimated and remember what it is you wanted to do over there... of course, it can still be hard to imagine doing anything different than what is already happening.

Changa and smoking with harmalas in general can stretch the experience out and slow it down... or not.

Another tip to navigation is to use other substances to get to a certain point and focus before blasting off. Psilohuasca, for example is nearly ideal. Spend the 1st part of the journey working out your stuff and finding your peaceful center... THEN begin taking micro vapes (you need far less to go much farther in). In this way you can go quite deep and long into Hyperspace and begin to understand how the rooms and hallways are connected. You can even pass through Hyperspace entirely and pop out into other realities that are also connected to Hyperspace but are not this one.

Still, though... it is usually wise to allow the friendlier entities to teach you rather than be overly hung up on your trying to steer shit.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

mindexplorer01
#8 Posted : 9/5/2011 10:09:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The entities seem to act as though we're capable of learning to build these things which perhaps may be what's needed to navigate hyperspace.

Dr Psychonaut
#9 Posted : 9/5/2011 10:39:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If you're in front of a light source, an interesting exercise is to have your body pointed towards the light source with your eyes closed and then (and this works best if you have a swivel chair) without opening your eyes, rotate yourself and notice how things move and change. For me it doesn't simply grow dimmer. It's actually interesting to note that I've confused entities this way

I'll definitely be giving this a try on my explorations this evening! I have found once or twice that the brighter the lights in my setting the brigher the DMT colours but often the lights and colours don't seem to be observed from my physical eyes. The things I see seem to have an extra dimension that the eyes as organs I think would be unable to perceive. For instance sometimes I can see in all directions and see things behind, above and below (often at higher doses).

Quote:
I would say YES. I see lights, i feel curious, I go there. i get there, i notice everything is different from where I was before. I observe again, I see something i feel curious, i go there. how? i dont know, I just "desire" it and im able to go there. its a traveling that doesnt follow the laws of physics.

I've been able to navigate in a similar manner before. I've been presented with a kaleidoscope of 6 different colours and I could choose the colour which would then fill my consciousness and determine the rest of the experience. I'm gonna try this method of navigating in future trips I think.

Quote:
Takes practice. In a lot of ways it is like navigating a Lucid Dream. Awareness leads to intention which connects to willpower and bang you travel.

Lucid dreaming is a great hobby of mine and hyperspace I find similar in that sometimes I'm able to have some degree of control over it and sometimes I have no control whatsoever! I've read that shamans learn to navigate these 'other worlds' through teachings past down from ancestors and from the hierarchy and spreading of knowledge they have. Sometimes I feel like a clueless explorer thrown into foreign worlds with these entities looking at me like 'oh dear who is this guy just wandering around with no idea where hes going', sometimes they guide me but sometimes it feels like I'm a curious small child getting shooed away!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

Hyperspace Fool
#10 Posted : 9/11/2011 11:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr Psychonaut wrote:
Sometimes I feel like a clueless explorer thrown into foreign worlds with these entities looking at me like 'oh dear who is this guy just wandering around with no idea where hes going', sometimes they guide me but sometimes it feels like I'm a curious small child getting shooed away!

That is pretty much what it is.

The more experience one has with any form of mental journeying, astral projection, lucid dreaming or whatever, the easier navigation becomes. It is essentially the same mechanism at work.

You can only go somewhere intentionally that you are aware of. So awareness is the foundation.

The rest simply amounts to formulating a clear intention and applying willpower.

Just like driving a car, only much easier to get lost... though to be fair, it is easier to get home. No need to call a tow truck or a taxi, just wait till you come back down.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

McCoyBoy
#11 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:04:10 AM

enthusiast

just had a trip where i felt music was keeping me tied to this dimension. never ever felt that before. usually music keeps me safe but this time it was beautiful just as last but a part of me wanted to just sink deeper and keep following.

was my first dmt trip with the GVG. 30 mg

as above, so below

tele
#12 Posted : 9/13/2011 10:31:13 AM
Explorer

McCoyBoy wrote:
just had a trip where i felt music was keeping me tied to this dimension. never ever felt that before. usually music keeps me safe but this time it was beautiful just as last but a part of me wanted to just sink deeper and keep following.

was my first dmt trip with the GVG. 30 mg

If you have just done your first journey with GVG I think using the word "usually" is quite different, if you have blasted off with a bong before for example. I think GVG opens a whole new aspect of the experience.

For me music is a tool and companion on the journeys, and usually the only thing I can use for navigation and attracting certain types of entities.

corpus callosum
#13 Posted : 9/13/2011 10:38:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

[quote= I think GVG opens a whole new aspect of the experience.

I concur with this.The GVG has shown me that Hyperspace has , as far as I can tell, untold levels with each 'deeper' level becoming more and more inconceivably alien (ie removed from normal experience rather than UFO-type alien).Beyond a certain point (and this for me is around 40mg in one breath) ,the experience is unavigable and demands total surrender.If one can achieve this degree of surrender then the trip navigates itself and inevitably returns you back to the shore of 'normality'.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

tele
#14 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:00:04 AM
Explorer

corpus callosum wrote:
[quote= I think GVG opens a whole new aspect of the experience.

I concur with this.The GVG has shown me that Hyperspace has , as far as I can tell, untold levels with each 'deeper' level becoming more and more inconceivably alien (ie removed from normal experience rather than UFO-type alien).Beyond a certain point (and this for me is around 40mg in one breath) ,the experience is unavigable and demands total surrender.If one can achieve this degree of surrender then the trip navigates itself and inevitably returns you back to the shore of 'normality'.

Yeah I've tried 35-40mg in one hit... However it's just a bit too intense for me, that I prefer 20-30mg where I am more comfortable and not being "devoured"!

Hyperspace Fool
#15 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:40:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I second (or third) the concept that above a certain threshold, navigtion becomes pointless.

But, then that is sometimes the point, no? To discover new places.

If you don't know that a place exists, you certainly can't navigate there. With spice, you often have to be led, thrown, or accidentally stumble somewhere the first time or three before you can be in a position to navigate there on your own.

SWIM finds that for navigational purposes, pre-dosing with something mild but cosmic enables one to use proportionately smaller amounts of spice to get the same distances into hyperspace. Also, it can add some detachment and perspective which enables one to navigate far more effectively. Being an hour or two into even a light ayahuasca journey can make a huge difference. Vaping 5-10mg can be breakthrough level. Also, dissos go rather well with vaping spice. They can keep you from being totally enveloped, thus giving you a keen ability to observe the thing. And, again, as with aya, a tiny tiny hit can propel you across the cosmos... or bring the cosmos to you.

Hehehe.

tele
#16 Posted : 9/13/2011 2:13:05 PM
Explorer

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
I second (or third) the concept that above a certain threshold, navigtion becomes pointless.

But, then that is sometimes the point, no? To discover new places.

If you don't know that a place exists, you certainly can't navigate there. With spice, you often have to be led, thrown, or accidentally stumble somewhere the first time or three before you can be in a position to navigate there on your own.

SWIM finds that for navigational purposes, pre-dosing with something mild but cosmic enables one to use proportionately smaller amounts of spice to get the same distances into hyperspace. Also, it can add some detachment and perspective which enables one to navigate far more effectively. Being an hour or two into even a light ayahuasca journey can make a huge difference. Vaping 5-10mg can be breakthrough level. Also, dissos go rather well with vaping spice. They can keep you from being totally enveloped, thus giving you a keen ability to observe the thing. And, again, as with aya, a tiny tiny hit can propel you across the cosmos... or bring the cosmos to you.

Hehehe.

Yeah I agree it's not always depending on the amount you smoke. But 5-10mg is rarely a breakthrough and of course depends on the person.

Hyperspace Fool
#17 Posted : 9/13/2011 2:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

Yeah I agree it's not always depending on the amount you smoke. But 5-10mg is rarely a breakthrough and of course depends on the person.

I only say that if one is already on Ayahuasca.

SWIM says that works for him like gangbusters.

He claims that the same micro-doses also work well on dissos, but we won't get into that now.

Smoalking spice while on L or shrooms (or both) has also proven to be vastly potentiated. Methinks that a half hit of changa while already on a decent shroom trip might be converting some psylocin (4 hydroxy DMT) into a useable form... according to SWIM it certainly seems to be more than the sum of its parts.

tele
#18 Posted : 9/13/2011 2:29:27 PM
Explorer

Yeah sure, if one has DMT already in one's body...

CuriousSeeker
#19 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:12:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Dr., SWIM is late to this discussion, but something you said pulls out a comment:

Quote:
I've been able to navigate in a similar manner before. I've been presented with a kaleidoscope of 6 different colours and I could choose the colour which would then fill my consciousness and determine the rest of the experience. I'm gonna try this method of navigating in future trips I think.

SWIM experiences this during the initial liftoff. Sometimes as the experience is coming on it becomes clear something is wrong, like a rocket that gets a little off course during liftoff, and the trip will begin heading in a threatening, angry direction. This always seems to be accompanied by the colors red and orange which fill the visual fractal field and bear down on SWIM. Shocked When SWIM has the recognition that this is happening the course can be corrected by focusing on the color green (usually there is a spot somewhere that can be seen) which redirects the trip to more pleasant experiences. The timing of the correction is important, wait too long and it's going to continue getting more and more uncomfortable regardless of trying to focus on a different color until the DMT finally leaves. SWIM would love to know what mentally is happening during the "refocus".

Anyway, good travels to you!

A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

PrimateSphinx
#20 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:21:26 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

for me navigation is hit or miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I find smoking spice with blue lotus really helps to slow down the visuals of spice and makes it more understandable and sometimes navigable. The first time I smoked it with blue lotus I had my own sort of "hyperspace bubble" with matrix writing flowing down the sides that I could control and navigate through this sort of Parthenon type building with a bunch of Grecian women in it. I'll post a trip report on it sometime soon
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

12NEXT