We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

Winter Taiga
#1 Posted : 9/1/2011 7:39:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello.

I first became interested in entheogens several months back while thinking of ways to further my development as an individual, as I thought then as I do now, that Ive hit a kind of plateau, but the next level is so close, but just out of reach. Perhaps I just need a little assistance.

Mostly I am interested in plant helpers that can assist with me with insight, into all things but specifically into my own life, and how I can improve and move forward in it.

Ayahuasca and Syrian rue are my focus at this point in time. I hope soon to shortly be able to ask questions about these things in the appropriate forum, and gain some of the wisdom offered from those whove gone before me.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 9/1/2011 8:31:36 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Winter Taiga,

Welcome to the Nexus. Sounds like your work/experience with entheogens is fairly recent. Since you considered using them to see if you could overcome a plateau in your development, I wonder if you might be willing to comment on any potential progress or insights to date?

I personally have found syrian rue to be a harsh teacher. I really like the mix of harmalas to be found in banisteriopsis caapi. A

Again, welcome. Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Winter Taiga
#3 Posted : 9/1/2011 9:25:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome.

I have had some experiences with Ayahuasca at lower levels, with MHRB, but they seemed empty and hollow, and chaotic.

Im more interested in just Caapi or syrian rue solo at this point, as Im lead to believe that these are the actual spiritual teachers, and admixtures, while they can be helpful, are not absolutely necessary. My interest started with Ayahuasca, but the brewing times are tough for me to do.

I have taken to crushing up syrian rue seeds at steeping them in hot water, a gram or 1.5, as I saw somewhere here that that was a viable method of taking them, and I do believe Ive had minor insights. Although theres a problem that I read seems to be somewhat common: I cant remember exactly what the insights were (had them while asleep, actually), only that I know I had them, and that for a short time after having them, theres a, though minor, positive difference in my life.

Im just taking it slow and familiarizing myself with it at this point.

Edit: And yes, I am quite recent to the entheogen scene. Its only been very recently that Ive deprogrammed myself enough from the bogus "war on drugs" propaganda that Im sure many of us have grown up with, to see that many substances that have great potential to assist personal development are lumped together with others that dont, and are all equally demonized as "drugs".

Pandora
#4 Posted : 9/1/2011 10:19:05 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Wonderful. Very happy. It makes so much sense to take it slow. Get a chance to maximize understanding of effects and insights imo. The memory thing is interesting. Some folks will say you don't need to consciously remember to benefit. I'm one of the ones who prefers to bring something back in terms of a solid memory. Sometimes I can do this by 1.) taking NO other drugs before dosing caapi or DMT, especially not cannabis as I find it affects my ability to remember precise contents of trips. 2.) I actually sometimes "sacrifice" the fun or afterglow of a trip to consolidate and write down memories. I'll start really thinking about what happened and what I felt it meant, frequently speaking aloud, and then will write down at least some rough notes to help jog my memory later. Just a couple of suggestions that may or may not help.

By the way you may want to check the wiki link in the upper right corner - it has extraction teks for b. caapi and s. rue so that you can pull more of the purified alkaloids out and leave the toxic or sickening parts behind, in case you might be interested.

Loved what you wrote about the deprogramming. Mainly because it is so true. Again, welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU