We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Any swiy's grow mushies here. Options

acolon_5
#21 Posted : 11/4/2008 8:01:48 PM

The Great Namah

associativum wrote:
Thanks Smile .

I havent grown Mushrooms too long. But I LOVE them very much ,and so they seem to love me.
They even grow all over my Body. I grow 'em together with my Girlfriend...

I humidify with a pump Sprayer , you dont need electronic humidification.

I often contemplate about which conditions the shrooms love most , have been trying lots of substrate mixes . Dont just stick to rye , shrooms want a varied substrate , a colorful meal Pleased.
Everything else will cause degeneration over generations Pleased

Can't you give me any more than that? What type of casing material do you use? Verm/Coco coir? Verm/peat moss?

What type of nutritional mix do you give them? popcorn, rye, birdseed?

Ack, Those are the prettiest flushes I have ever seen!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Observant
#22 Posted : 11/4/2008 8:13:07 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Smile

On my pictures you see the different Phenotypes - this results on the one hand from dirfferent strains , on the other hand from different substrate Mixes.

The posted casings contain all of it. Birdseed - Rye -Popcorn- some Straw - some Peanut Shells.
The Casing layer is , as you have correctly guessed,Vermi CocoCoir.

After some tries - one gets a feeling for the composition and preparation of Substrates.
The Casing environment is less difficult .... I have smaller Boxes and a big Plastic Foil Home-Greenhous .

Any Qustions? Do you have any specific Problems ? Pics ?

Regards Pleased
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Darkbb
#23 Posted : 11/4/2008 11:10:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Associativum, what does your terrarium look like when assembled and how do you manage to keep the humidity up with just a sprayer?

Observant
#24 Posted : 11/4/2008 11:26:02 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I dont have a picture of it ready . Ill make one when its assembled.
In my foilhouse i have trays with perlite stuff like that.
until the Casings start pinning theyre covered , sometimes sprayed.

Ps. Cubensis are forgiving mushrooms , you dont need hight tek to make the humidity suitable.

The Big One was eaten at the Boom Fest. Dancefloor this Summer ( Laughing )

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Darkbb
#25 Posted : 11/5/2008 2:04:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lol pretty. I've tried growing in a casing b4 but it didn't work out. I didn't give it the right conditions at all but some of the mycelium got on the walls of the pot i was using, i've since put cactus soil in that pot and now i have white mycelium taking over my soil I'm going to let it grow and see what happens Smile.

Have you ever done any other type of grows besides casings?

amor_fati
#26 Posted : 11/5/2008 6:55:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM's first casings were in trays that were a bit too shallow, so after the first small flush, SWIM cut them in half and stacked them in a narrower and deeper tray. He lost two of them to trich, but one survived. The trich appeared during the pinning, and SWIM had pretty much beaten it, but it was re-awoken with a vengeance during the second.

SWIM's had some great success with simply casing in the substrate jar. SWIM's first PF cake only gave one fruit of decent size. SWIM is still due for a second flush on that and the jar, and a first flush after changing trays on the surviving casing.

SWIM lost maybe a 5th of his first flush to rhizo while attempting to dry in a chamber with dry magnesium sulfate and has now opted to use a food dehydrator. The magnesium sulfate doesn't work at all, SWIM could get them drier from simply putting them on top of kitchen cabinets.

SWIM's had some hassles with cultivation, but certainly loves the satisfaction of tripping off of something he's grown.

acolon_5
#27 Posted : 11/5/2008 8:26:15 PM

The Great Namah

associativum wrote:
Smile

On my pictures you see the different Phenotypes - this results on the one hand from dirfferent strains , on the other hand from different substrate Mixes.

The posted casings contain all of it. Birdseed - Rye -Popcorn- some Straw - some Peanut Shells.
The Casing layer is , as you have correctly guessed,Vermi CocoCoir.

After some tries - one gets a feeling for the composition and preparation of Substrates.
The Casing environment is less difficult .... I have smaller Boxes and a big Plastic Foil Home-Greenhous .

Any Qustions? Do you have any specific Problems ? Pics ?

Regards Pleased

Nice!

No real problems, just small flushes.

I am only using verm as my casing layer and popcorn as my nutrition source. My wife is highly allergic to coconut so I can't use coco coir. I may have to mix in some birdseed and rye into my jars next time I decide to grow. It's been a while.

How long do you let your casings stay in the growth stage before moving them to your fruiting chamber? I usually move them after I start seeing some white poking through. Should I wait until they are pretty much overlaid with mycelium?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#28 Posted : 11/5/2008 9:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you get it going well, you can easily grow several hundred in that small area.

SWIM used to grow mushrooms when he lived up north (it's too dry where he is now). In as little as 2 months in 1 square foot worth of space he could grow about 250 psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. The trick is to use lots of humidity and good quality rye grain that's supplemented with oat bran and a little alder saw dust. The bran and saw dust help the mushrooms grow much larger and with less imperfections. His fruitings were jam packed with very little space between the mushrooms. In just a few months several years’ worth can easily be grown. Also put perlite below the grain and use well made casing soil above it. The perlite helps absorb any loose water that collects at the bottom.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

old Dead Head
#29 Posted : 11/5/2008 11:21:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!!!!!! Those are huge! Swim's only used PF's TEK, and done really well? or so I thought!!! NICE need a humidity tent right? Would be nice to have room!!! All SWIM's got are two fish tanks. No HUMONGOIDS like those however. Good growing BROTHER!!!

DMTripper
#30 Posted : 11/6/2008 12:31:41 AM

John Murdoch IV

Wow I think these are definitely among the coolest flushes I've seen! And I've seen pics of quite a lot.
I have only grown mushrooms once by my self. The grow wild an abundance around where I live in sept. okt. I grew them in kind of difficult conditions but next time I'm doing it properly Very happy

Hey associativum!
Don't you use any brown rice flour in your mix? So many people are using that and in the original PF tek I think they only use BRF.
So what do you think of it?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

jamie
#31 Posted : 8/8/2009 6:11:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im sold..those pics have inspired me to get some spores and try again!..didnt go so well the first timeSad
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12