We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Time to take a step back? Options

endless nameless
#1 Posted : 8/30/2011 9:12:23 PM

Phil

Hello all,
let me introduce myself as Phil - excuse the anonymity of my user name, it's a throw back from many years ago that stuck, though I'm sure someone will know it to be a song by a certain disbanded band!
I have been looking over information from various sources about several psychedelics, namely DMT, a substance which I learned the existence of nearly a year ago, and to date have not yet experienced.

I have had experience with various substances, and have, in my view at least, taken a healthy step back from "reality".

The fascination with altering ones state of mind, stems from years of disillusionment of the westernized modern society we live in, and the motives which drive the way we live. To me there has always been a big piece missing in the puzzle, and too much left un-answered. My belief is that the answers will not be found from looking forward to what science can learn, but rather to what was learnt by societies forgotten by time and suppressed by the pressure of globalization and capitalist powers that be.
To this end I wish to expand my awareness and knowledge through what natural sources have to teach, working with plants to realise the beautiful balance of life that seems to have been forgotten.

My botanical interests may have sprouted some interesting plants - Salvia Divinorum and Psychotria Viridis, both of which should help me on my journey.

I am however looking for some advice though, and shall no doubt ask a few questions should sifting back through the forum not come up with suitable answers.

Currently I am most interest to try the "spice" in ayahuasca from, as I feel that being physically broken down by the experience, will enable me to fully open up to accept what is happening and gain a greater understanding. To this end I have acquired several items: B Caapi in various forms - leaf, young red vine and yellow bark, along with Syrian Rue in seed and powdered form.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Smile

Tentatively tip-toeing into the world of truth.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MooshyPeaches
#2 Posted : 8/31/2011 12:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus =]

endless nameless
#3 Posted : 8/31/2011 10:10:11 AM

Phil

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Looking around and reading up further on the prep of both vine only brews and Ayahuasca, I'm getting a little lost / indecisive as to what route to go down first.

I do have a good amount of MHRB in powdered form, but am unsure as to whether I should jump straight in at the deep end with a B.Caapi, MHRB mix, or to ease my self in on several vine only sessions.

One quick question is, do these materials have a shelf life and is there a best way to store them? currently they are all in ziplock bags in a box ina temperature stable room?
Tentatively tip-toeing into the world of truth.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 8/31/2011 12:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi endless nameless,

welcome to the nexus.
Storing your dried ethnobotanicals in a dry, cool and dark place is best, since heat and UV irradiation can break down the molecules you are after. And moisture usually inspires rot...

Doing at least one caapi only session is probably worthwhile if you want to make sure you feel safe during the trip. The first time I experimented with harmalas was in combination with something else and this combination scared me especially since I had no idea how the dose alone would have felt. If you are after the mixture though I would think one solo caapi session should be enough.

You can then start to add MHRB. Here I also suggest going slowly. Even as a person who is all for full immersion, breaking the plunge up into a few steps can go a long way concerning comfort and ability to relax into the experience.

But just jumping in can also be great. Just probably a bit more risky for getting a little scared. So I guess the best idea is to go with what feels right and stick to that.

I wish you good luck!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Purges
#5 Posted : 8/31/2011 1:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus and best of luck with your journeys Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3