We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
The power of pot Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 8/30/2011 5:39:15 PM

LUVR

Last night was a powerful reminder of just how strong cannabis can be.

I suffered a severe ego bashing from her.
It was a rough ride complete with hard lessons and a case of the green sickness.

I felt on the verge of a heart attack and blacking out.
Several times I fell into a deep day dream that would become so intense
I felt I was about to cross over into....hyperspace? Or somthing damn close.
I would snap out of the daze with fear.

Intense.
Respect.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kyrolima
#2 Posted : 8/30/2011 5:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pot can be a very healing substance - it shows you your dark side as well as your best toughts about things.

I respect this plant Smile Brought me FAR
elusive illusion

universecannon
#3 Posted : 8/30/2011 6:07:29 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yup

mary jane can be very psychedelic.

i was smoking daily this past week or so but stopped 2 days ago. then smoked 2 hits last night and my head started turning inside out <3

also, high doses while my tolerance is very low or nill can really kick my ass sometimes but i'm always glad i did it afterwards.

'when you smoke da herb, it reveals you to yourself' ~ bob marley

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

tele
#4 Posted : 8/30/2011 6:09:02 PM
Explorer

It's definately good for some people, however I see also many getting addicted to it and their lives almost controlled by cannabis. Quitting smoking was definately very good thing for me, altough it also gave me something good.

caliwa
#5 Posted : 8/30/2011 6:24:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the sweet herb. I love it. Im in love with it. thou I spent good years of my youth smoking day after day, now I do it just once a week. True effect can just be achieved with this habit. but man, I rip my bong each time. long live MJ!
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

caliwa
#6 Posted : 8/30/2011 6:40:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once I Boiled 120 grams of regular fresh buds on 2 liters of milk. I boiled till there was only 2 cups of milk after constant evaporation. Vapors got me badly high while stirring the milk to avoid spill. milk turned really green.

I Drank the 2 cups. the milk tasted like super concentrated weed, awfully. I was planning to have a long walk so I could enjoy the high which was going to be new to me since I had never made milk before that moment, but I paniq like 10 mins after I was walking on the street. this was extremly irregular, because at the time I had like 6 years of experience on weed and paniq seemed like something of the past.

When I came back home I couldn't do anything else that lay on my bed getting my brain nailed by the super high dose of THC. about a half an hour later of the milk ingestion I was abnormally high, almost reaching madness. I felt all my bones while laying in my bed, and realize which spots where harmed, which others where healing, and which others had old injuries. I lost my mind. I spoke without the will to do it. i wander around the house hiding in corners. there where unconcious walks inside the house I dont remember. I saw extremly intrincated psychedelic hallucinations i had only seen with LSD. it lasted 12 hours of suffering madness. highly recommendable for true canabis lovers.
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

tele
#7 Posted : 8/30/2011 7:03:38 PM
Explorer

caliwa wrote:
it lasted 12 hours of suffering madness. highly recommendable for true canabis lovers.

LOLLaughing

teotenakeltje
#8 Posted : 8/30/2011 8:43:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've given up completely on grass. This is one substance I cannot deal with. It does not give me the high and happy feeling when smoked in regular doses. It just make me feel paranoid and so extremely introverted, which makes it impossible for me to smoke in social situations.
I tried to work with it because it confronts me with a very dark and complicated part of me. But the amplification of this side does not have a very healing effect. More like the opposite. If feel tired and depressed the day after.

caliwa
#9 Posted : 8/30/2011 9:02:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear you Man. Lots of my friends have tried hard on getting along with Herb and failed. this makes me think 2 important deductions:

1. genetics have a lot to do in getting along with weed.

2. this "weed discrimination" maybe the reason there is a "marihuana nation".

teotenakeltje
#10 Posted : 8/30/2011 9:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

caliwa wrote:

genetics have a lot to do in getting along with weed.

I also think this is very true. My parents did try it but never really enjoyed it.
My wife however is a daily pot smoker since she is 16 or so (only during the pregnancy she stopped). Her mother is a HEAVY pot smoker. She wakes up and the first thing she does is smoke a bong Rolling eyes
So pot also has the power to seduce someone and never let that person go... From what I saw quitting weed can be hard work.

caliwa
#11 Posted : 8/30/2011 9:22:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
caliwa wrote:

genetics have a lot to do in getting along with weed.

I also think this is very true. My parents did try it but never really enjoyed it.
My wife however is a daily pot smoker since she is 16 or so (only during the pregnancy she stopped). Her mother is a HEAVY pot smoker. She wakes up and the first thing she does is smoke a bong Rolling eyes
So pot also has the power to seduce someone and never let that person go... From what I saw quitting weed can be hard work.

yes its very hard. so hard i haven't been able to. hahahahaha your mother in law smoking a bong in the morning is totally unrreal.

universecannon
#12 Posted : 8/30/2011 11:13:15 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

in high school i was almost scared of it since i would always hallucinate and loose my mind on it, but over time i got used to it and the anxiety affects diminished a lot. these past few weeks i've smoked more than usual but now that classes are starting i'll probably smoke once a week or so. But yeah i know many who are basically addicted to weed...Some people just don't seem to have any addictive inclination towards it though, even after long use. i've smoked everyday for months and months and then stopped for weeks without any problems

One thing that sucks about america is how they drug test people who get in trouble for all sorts of things, even when the offense had no relation to marijuana whatsoever, and then these people turn to things like alchohol or other drugs which don't show up on the test but are more detrimental to health and sometimes more addicting..for example, an old friend got a DWI a while back. she used to smoke often but only drink every 2 weeks or so. now that she gets drug tested every couple weeks she can barely ever smoke..and drinks way too much now..she also is into the 'legal weed' crap at headshops..its largely her own doings, of course, but its just another way the system is messed up

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Purges
#13 Posted : 8/31/2011 1:39:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its my first day off today... 1.36am and still not tired. It is a seductive plant for sure, I think some times I love Mary too much for my own good. She must love me a leeetle bit if we get along so well though.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tigerstrike92
#14 Posted : 8/31/2011 5:00:38 AM

Homo-divinorum

For freakin sure. This summer i took two weeks off, and the first night back i smoked three bowls of super fresh white russion (22% goodies) I was walkin in my friends kitchen, when i just couldn't do anything anymore, so i sat down in his kitchen cross-legged, for about 15 minutes, then i crawled to a couch and attmepted to watch t.v., but the open eyed visuals were so cool i wasnt even paying attention.

Definite respect to the ganja! Bringing me closer to everyone I smoke with, including nature itself.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

jamie
#15 Posted : 8/31/2011 5:16:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

smoke once a week and it will always be like that..plus you wont feel burnt out all the time or semi-addicted to cannabis..or have to deal with any other negative side effects. Sometimes I smoke like 2 or 3 times a week..but if I do I end up stopping for 2-3 weeks..adverage I smoke once or twice a week. Daily use is just so boring and dulling in comparison to the full effects of more occasional use.

I HAD to quit though for 6 months because I was addicted to it. I smoked about an ounce a week for a few years and was emotionally dependant on it. I felt SO good after about a week of hell. I dont feel drawn to it like I used to at all now.
Long live the unwoke.

Purges
#16 Posted : 8/31/2011 2:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
smoke once a week and it will always be like that..plus you wont feel burnt out all the time or semi-addicted to cannabis..or have to deal with any other negative side effects. Sometimes I smoke like 2 or 3 times a week..but if I do I end up stopping for 2-3 weeks..adverage I smoke once or twice a week. Daily use is just so boring and dulling in comparison to the full effects of more occasional use.

This is my new plan. Only on week ends from now on. It has made me sluggish and uninterested in many things, so this needs to change. Its my own fault for daily (ab)use for such a long time though.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

caliwa
#17 Posted : 8/31/2011 3:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah yeah.. I love this forum, people is so god damn smart and connected, this thoughts of weekly weed have been in my mind for so long and so little people i smoke with ( lots of em are my friends) dont get to understand, and here in this forum seems so natural that people understand and apply correct drug usage on their lifes. in telling you brothers, brings me to tears.

polytrip
#18 Posted : 8/31/2011 3:28:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:

I HAD to quit though for 6 months because I was addicted to it. I smoked about an ounce a week for a few years and was emotionally dependant on it. I felt SO good after about a week of hell. I dont feel drawn to it like I used to at all now.

This post shows exactly how complicated the 'discouraged drug talk' issue actually is. For many substances like cannabis, DXM, ketamine or MXE, the way you use it will determine pretty much wether you are broadening or narrowing your mind.

caliwa
#19 Posted : 8/31/2011 3:45:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i Havent meet any concious ketamine user. I say it has a lot to do with the culture/people around the substance. Marihuana has a very good vibe tribe all around the world. ketamine.. heroine.. i dont think so.

Wax
#20 Posted : 9/4/2011 6:17:40 AM

LUVR

Ya I was smoking about two or three times a week, now its like five or six.

It's hard to quit because its so useful, even if I don't want to just get high I end up smoking purely for the pain reduction and sleeping benefits.
I'd like to be more clear headed like when I'm not high all the time but I have an ulcer or something weird that kills my stomach and weed is a better replacement than pills I feel.

I'd rather deal with the weed foggyness than the constipation,vomiting,swelling,itching,burning,insomnia,blindness,
coma,redness,hair loss,tooth decay,sweaty ass crack, or in rare cases death
from the pills our friends at the FDA give us.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

123NEXT