We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Powderizing Vine Options

defunkt
#1 Posted : 8/27/2011 5:19:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm dreaming toward my first ayahuasca experiment and have a question about the preperation of the vine. The very useful Ayahuasca Diagram calls for the smashing of the vine in the prep stage and I wonder if it is recommended to continue to grind and powderize the smashed vine in a coffee grinder? It seems to me that powderized vine will allow for better extraction of the alkaloids during the brewing process. I'm also leaning towards trying the herbal percolator (THC) tek and it seems that THC definitely calls for powdered vine.

Also, what about dried chaliponga leaves? Should they get powderized as well?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just read the post below about the challenges of filtering the powderized sediment back out of the brew so maybe this method is not ideal unless using the THC tek.

On a side note, this is my first post as a member and I'm happy to be invited to be part of this community! Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 8/27/2011 6:19:31 PM

You are correct in your observation about powdered filtration hell. Shredded is as far as you need to go. Enjoy.