We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
how to make curare? does anyone know? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'd love to know how to do this. i know virola resin plays a role in this too. there are many different kinds of curare as i have heard. i would like to look further into this subject but i never found any good info on the web. does anyone know?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

polytrip
#2 Posted : 11/2/2008 4:37:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
You want to kill someone from an enemy tribe?:evil:

lorax
#3 Posted : 11/3/2008 12:04:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

naah.. i'm just curious. and i am also thinking of sometime buying a piece of jungle and building a hut upon it so that i may live there. when living in the jungle one needs to know how to make curare so one may shoot some monkeys out of the trees for some meat. i also collect all sorts of venoms and am just very interested in things like that. i would never use wisdom do do harm.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

polytrip
#4 Posted : 11/3/2008 1:47:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
But i't's axtremely poisonous. Wouldn't there be a chance of getting poisoned two, when you would eat this monkey?
As far as i've heard, touching a curare-frog can be deadly.
The frog isn't poisonous from itself btw. It eats ants that contain curare and during his life the curare toxins build-up in his tiny body.
Maybe you better get yourself a rifle. Or domesticate a panther and make him catch the monkey's for you.

burnt
#5 Posted : 11/3/2008 5:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

curare is only toxic if it gets directly into the blood. which makes the story of curare even more interesting. not only did the natives find two plants that make the mixture work but they also found out that it only works when it enters the blood stream! fascinating story of ethnopharmacology. anyway i dont think we should be teaching others how to make toxic plant mixtures on this site its easy enough to look up.