We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Start to New Understanding Options

physic~explorer
#1 Posted : 8/25/2011 7:35:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello to all in this community,

I joined this site because i have hopes of experiencing this powerful and enlightening journey myself, but i do not want to rush into something that on one-hand could be so profound but if done incorrectly detrimental. My wishes are that i can be a part of an understanding, knowledgable and hospitable community, so that my questions can be answered and thoughts shared. I am not to proud to admit that there are people out there who know much more than i do and are much more experienced than myself. This type of journey is an individualistic one, i understand that it is different and unique to each person, therefore i am not in the business of competing or trying to out do others, i simply want to be safe and thorough and help myself and others if possible. This initial post is to "tip my cap" so to speak, to those people and acknowledge their expertise on this subject. I want to do this safely and controlled, i am completely open to any knowledge that people are willing to share and i welcome it.

Thank You in Advance to All

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 8/25/2011 2:02:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

a warm welcome to you phsyic~explorer.

It is a good idea not to rush it - I always find that the time invested in contemplating, extracting, learning etc. is just as much part of the progress I make with these substances as the trips themselves. After all it is all about you, the altered states of your mind, and where you navigate. The more you are prepared to both navigate and be open to the arising currents you will be presented with, the more you can learn from each experience IMO. And what can we learn? Things about ourselves, our traumas, our fears, blockages, our desires, our strengths, our weaknesses, our hopes, solutions to problems, realizations of problems etc etc. In the end to face the very depths of your being in very unexpected ways and how it is connected to the greater context, also in unexpected ways... it's quite a ride and one that does not end once you sober up; or at least IMO it shouldn't.

I hope you enjoy the nexus.

btw, what is the origin of your name?
cheers!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Pandora
#3 Posted : 8/25/2011 3:42:10 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi psychic-explorer,

Welcome to the Nexus! Great introduction. I think your philosophy towards DMT is a wise one. I think you will find over time that this community is quite diverse, and that at times you will have much to learn/listen to but at other times you'll most likely have things to teach/say too. At least I hope so.

You have certainly come to the right place. From endless experience reports to an incredible wiki (upper right hand corner of the Forum) to ongoing research, this place is jam packed with information and people who are addicted to it. Very happy Here's some links to get you pointed in the right direction from the wiki:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Extraction_Tek

By the way, do you have much psychedelic experience to date? Or will DMT be the beginning for you?

Please do not hesitate to post questions, concerns, thoughts, etc. as they come up. I look forward to seeing you around.

Again, welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

physic~explorer
#4 Posted : 8/25/2011 10:35:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Enoon.... my name comes from what i have read about DMT, it is my understanding that this is not just a high but it is an enlightening experience and a journey into ones own consciousness so i figured i would incorporate that

@Pandora... i do have previous experience but it is not a whole lot.... my psychedelic experiences are limited to a handful (3 or 4) of low doses (2.5g) of mushrooms.... that was actual a major question that i had..... i certainly do not plan to jump right in an take a ton of it, i want to start small and work my way up..... with my limited past in this area would i be safe to start with low doses and work my way up

Thank you for a warm welcome, this community is exactly what i was looking for

Enoon
#5 Posted : 8/26/2011 12:13:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I find low doses of dmt are extremely pleasant, especially if one is not expecting a break through. So to answer your question, I think so, yes, you should be safe - as long as you know that you have dmt, i.e. you extracted it yourself and performed the extraction correctly. Since that's not very difficult to do, I have no doubt you'll be fine.

Despite being an all-or-nothing kind of person and usually going for full immersion whenever I can, I too started off with small doses, mainly because I didn't trust my extraction skills Razz. It took me a few weeks to find a dose that really baffled me, but I was touched even from the very beginning. It's good to gain some trust in your product and in the experience before taking the plunge, though as you have probably read enough times, nothing can really prepare you for the reality shattering full-on experience. I think for me the most important part was knowing that what I was smoking was not going to hurt my lungs or my body in any way, I was not going to have any adverse reaction to it etc. So that when I finally launched the only fear I had was intrinsic to the experience and not related to anything physical or health-wise.

Good luck with everything!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Pandora
#6 Posted : 8/26/2011 2:24:15 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I fully endorse everything Enoon is saying about low doses and her suggestions for approaching them. I've actually done some powerful self-work and gained some amazing insights using lower than breakthrough doses of DMT.

Extract yourself and cleanup to the point where you feel confident to take it into your body. Do lots of research. Ask questions. Understand you cannot really prepare. Be open-minded. Remember to smile and to surrender and trust your body to function even if you find yourself temporarily launched from it. Do these things and I suspect you will be in for a series of pleasant to astounding surprises.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Purges
#7 Posted : 8/26/2011 2:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
I've actually done some powerful self-work and gained some amazing insights using lower than breakthrough doses of DMT.

Amen to that! You don't always need to go full throttle to enjoy, and learn from this powerful molecule. Indeed I think it helps pave the way for the deeper, more baffling, WTF?! journeys.

Safe journeys, and welcome 2 da Nexus!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

physic~explorer
#8 Posted : 8/26/2011 4:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That puts my mind at ease, thank you for your insight..... i will most definitely start out with low doses to acclimate myself to this molecule, and from your comments and some of my readings it sounds like even a low dose will be an awe inspiring experience.... i have a lake surrounded by woods not more than 5 minutes from my house, i have walked these trails many a time accompanied by my dear friend mary jane Very happy and have loved it, so i feel that on a low dose it would be the perfect spot, and i would get and exponentially better appreciation for everything that would be surrounding me

physic~explorer
#9 Posted : 9/1/2011 8:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are great analogies, i fully intend on exploring low doses and acclimating my mind to this awe inspiring substance before any bigger steps are taken..... ive been doing my reading Very happy and on pretty much all accounts low doses are still incredible, the way they shift our perception of what we thought to be concrete "reality"..... it is all so interesting to me