We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can salvia be effectively vaporized? Options

caliwa
#1 Posted : 8/23/2011 5:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvinorin A combust at very high temperatures. its recommended to smoke salvia burning it with a torch lighter. I dont see how salvia can be effectively vaporized and get the same intensity out of the same ammount of vaporized salvia against combusted salvia, but we got a lot of geniouses here in the forum. is there a good technique to evap salvia?
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/23/2011 5:44:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the torch lighter idea is a myth. Anyone who says otherwise is probabily just subject to self suggestion. I have compared matches to torch lighters to see if there was a difference and there was none. A match worked just as well and as any lighter as long as the match does not go out before you get a full hit. I just use a normal lighter if I smoke salvia.

I am not sure about a vaporizor. I never tried that.
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 8/23/2011 5:53:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

My buddy reported to me the other day he had success using an electric vaporizer at the highest temperature setting on a few leaves. I'll try to get some moar info on exact temperature and whatnot and get back to ya with that, but it does appear it is in fact possible.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

caliwa
#4 Posted : 8/23/2011 5:56:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, having clarified the myth of the torch lighter, enhances the possibility of an electric vap to work, I have an old easy vap, im going to try some and let you know too guys.
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 8/23/2011 6:15:42 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

He said he is not sure of the exact temp. He used a silver surfer vaporizer at max temp, the leaves did not combust and no smoke/vapor was released upon exhaling. He only used a couple of leaves so effects were not very strong but were definitely present.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

caliwa
#6 Posted : 8/23/2011 6:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i will definetly use max temp on my vap, i'll let you know..

Explorateur
#7 Posted : 8/24/2011 8:35:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding the plant material :

- There is an interesting article on Erowid on that topic : http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3139
- A guy on shroomery succeed to get some psychoactive effect with an heatgun and a "Volcano valve set" : http://www.shroomery.org...wflat.php/Number/5845605

Regarding the extracted salvinorin :

- A research team has managed to perform a vaporisation :

Quote:
Drug preparation and delivery device

Salvinorin A was isolated from S. divinorum leaves and shown to be 99.5% pure by HPLC.

Because weighing the very small doses of salvinorin A required for this study is difficult, a larger quantity was weighed on an analytical balance and then dissolved in a measured volume of HPLC grade acetone. After filtering through a sterilized, acetone-approved 0.2 µm filter (Millex-LG Filter Unit, Millipore Corporation, Billerica, MA), 1 ml of solution was placed into a 5 ml round bottom chemistry flask and allowed to evaporate, leaving the dose of salvinorin A as a residue on the interior surface of the flask.

Before the session, the flask was attached to the bottom of a chemistry vacuum adapter by ground glass tapered joint and secured by a metal Keck clip. A vinyl tube (23 cm long, 6.35 mm inside diameter) was connected to the vacuum line of the adapter for inhalation. The tubing was replaced between participants but was not replaced for different sessions for the same participant. The resulting “pipe” was held stable by a ring stand clamp during administration, and the tube extended through a hole in a room divider toward the participant’s sitting area.

Drug administration

For each session the round-bottom flask was heated from underneath with a butane microtorch with approximate flame temperature of 1700 ◦ C (model ST200T, Bernzomatic, Huntersville, NC). Although the boiling point and combustion temperature of salvinorin A have not been empirically determined, the flame temperature was assumed to be sufficient to heat the salvinorin A on the interior of the flask to its boiling point during the decreased air pressure created by inhalation, without substantial combustion of salvinorin A.

The microtorch was adjusted so that the flame was approximately 1.5 cm in length, and the tip of the flame was held in contact with the round-bottom flask. Using these procedures, inhalation of unvolatilized drug was unlikely because the salvinorin A residue left upon evaporation of acetone appeared strongly attached to the interior of the flask, and in tests with various rates of mechanical airflow (simulated inhalation) without heat, salvinorin A was observed to remain undisturbed. Tests with mechanical airflow and the application of the microtorch showed the method to result in the volatilization of salvinorin A with little scorching (small black marks presumably resulting from combustion).

Seated in a comfortable reclining lounger, the participant inhaled slowly for 40 s while the flask was heated, followed by a verbally cued exhale.

caliwa
#8 Posted : 8/24/2011 4:31:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so its a mix between conduction and convection... im going to get my mind on this. maybe its time for. SALVIA MACHINE

rOm
#9 Posted : 8/24/2011 7:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have vaporisd isolated salvinorin A in ligth bulb "vaporiser" with success, but I found the effect milder than smoking them in my pipe...
I dunno if the crystal lost potency dur to sunlight exposition or what, but it was effective just not as effective as a weight standardised extract in a bong. Or maybe that was the lightbulb porblem as the heat dissolved crystals were running out.
More research need to be done.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Explorateur
#10 Posted : 8/25/2011 8:01:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
I have vaporisd isolated salvinorin A in ligth bulb "vaporiser" with success

What was your technique to measure accurately the µg range dose ? Liquid measurement technique ?

rOm
#11 Posted : 8/25/2011 3:11:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes explorateur, I had the salvinorin A crystals in suspension in ethanol, 1mg/ml so this is easy to dose, plus I wasn't picky for 100mics more or less.
I only have a 0.001 scale so yes for more precision liquid measurement is best if one doesn't have access to analytical balance.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !