We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What can I do with my FASA/Xylene solution leftovers? Options

caliwa
#1 Posted : 8/18/2011 5:22:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I still keep the solvent that results after performing FASA precips reaction to my xylene pulls. Im not sure what to do with it, if let it evap and recrystalize the sediment or to perform some other reaction to it, since im sure there's some spice still in there.

Anyways evaping this solution doesn't seems as easy as evaping the pure NP solvent. Seems like acetone makes the solvent stronger or something. thanks in advance for your good help !
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/18/2011 5:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If there is more spice, adding more FASA should make it cloudy and the alkaloids should precipitate. If you want to be very thorough, do a FASW salting and evaporate that, but I would bet that if FASA doesnt cloud the solvent anymore, then your FASW evaporation will yield just fumaric acid, plant oils and maybe a very very tiny percentage of alkaloids

Once all your alkaloids are retrieved, wash the xylene several times with plain water, which will remove the acetone and fumaric acid remains, and then you can reuse xylene for more pulls in the future.

caliwa
#3 Posted : 8/18/2011 5:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perfect. One more little question on this regard, I dried my acetone with epsom salt dried for 30 min in the microwave. did I went wrong there? drying the epsom salt in the microwave?
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.