We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Compartmentalizing Drugs Options

blue_velvet
#1 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:53:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Who uses psychedelics for spirituality/intellect/learning/etc. BUT also uses other drugs specifically for the purpose of getting fucked up. What do you use? If you use harmful drugs, how do you justify it? I'd like to know your psychedelic use as well as your "Other" use.

Me? I use LSD, Psilocybin mushrooms, DXM, morning glories. Really anything useful I can find.

I also sometimes use pills. Anti anxiety, opiates, dramamine. Alcohol. I've thoroughly enjoyed heroin and cocaine on a few occasions. I also use inhalants, but only rarely. I have no real respect for my body, but I am only addicted to nicotine. Oddly, I rarely drink coffee to avoid gaining another addiction. I'll try just about any drug except GHB.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/30/2008 1:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

only psychedelics and weed/hash

for inspiration, spiritual experiences, self-analysis, philosophical questioning and fun

I avoid all other stuff like the plague

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/30/2008 2:43:35 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I only use botanicals which have proven safe and effective after 100s (if not 1000s) of years of human usage.

I do not alter my mind with synthetic man made drugs, even distilled alcohol, I will however, as a last resort, use modern drugs for medical problems, but not to alter my mind.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah coatl.. i share the same opinion. i like to have a body which is as clean as mother earth intended it to be. so i will only use what mother earth gives me. and of those things i only use the ones which don't do much damage. having a clear mind is a thing i really enjoy. i also dislike alcohol. it just doesn't "entertain" me Pleased

lsd is the only semi synthetic thing i like to use once a year or so.. just to have a really good time riding my bike Pleased its gotta be the white fluff or needle point tho.. anything else will not pass my lips.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#5 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:44:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I do not see a difference between synthetic or natural drugs being better or worse. Many of the chemicals found in plants that effect us are their to kill or deter organisms from eating the plant. Humans happen to be tolerant and even enjoy some of those compounds. That being said SWIM prefers psychedelics and cannabis over all drugs. SWIM also likes alcohol. Other drugs can be fun but too many crappy side effects and potential for death and or destruction of the mind and body.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 10/30/2008 5:52:21 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I enjoy beer...

But I basically believe we should only use naturally occuring organic botanicals in simple forms (direct ingestion of parts of the botanicals, water infusion, etc.) and only use those botanicals which have proven safe over 100s (or 1000s) of years of human usage. Modern drugs lack this trail of history, I believe many modern drugs have unforseen long term side effects, which may effect use generations from now.

http://forums.lycaeum.or...x.php/topic,25249.0.html

Is this Drug Safe? An Entheogen-user's Quiz-

1) Does it come directly from organic botanical sources?

2) Does it have a long history of human use?

3) Does it's history of human use show that it is an effective entheogen?

4) Does it's history of human use show that it is relatively safe?

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Darkbb
#7 Posted : 10/30/2008 7:41:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't mess around with pills or synthetic drugs anymore, thank god, I had a bad history with them and believe they are only acceptable when use for their medical purposes and even then there are safer drugs out there for pain and hedaices and such.

I LOVE the new world of psychedelics this forum has shown me particularly DMT and Mushies (DMT being my favorite after having my first good breakthrough last night while trippin on the mushies supprisingly).

Right now I am on probation which is why I nolonger use marijuana but I do miss it and remember the good ol' days Smile.

ohayoco
#8 Posted : 10/31/2008 12:21:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Foaf's uncle's not interested in drugs that fuck you up, although he dipped his toe in as a kid and in his experience most of the people who like them are assholes (although that might just be the ones he's known in my time, no offence intended to any of you who do them). He's seen some horrible stuff, not so much from the drugs but the kind of people attracted by that mentality. He takes a very dim view of E, crack, heroin and meth. E as in the pill form or powder, whatever's actually in it, because it's very bad for you, he's seen enough trainwrecks that way, and the others, well, there are much much safer ways to get fucked if that's what you're after.

He's strictly entheogenic. Spiritual, healthy, intellectually stimulating and FUN all at the same time. And mostly legal. In a way his use is recreational, he takes a little when he goes out, but that's just like having a beer.

Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/31/2008 1:29:56 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
although he dipped his toe in as a kid and in his experience most of the people who like them are assholes

Same.

They are just looking to escape, to get fucked up.

Quote:
He's seen some horrible stuff, not so much from the drugs but the kind of people attracted by that mentality.

Ya def., but I've seen both.

KUSHMASTER
#10 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:04:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
E as in the pill form or powder, whatever's actually in it, because it's very bad for you, he's seen enough trainwrecks that way, and the others, well, there are much much safer ways to get fucked if that's what you're after.

E is MDMA, Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, Is really bad for you if it's not used in consideration. I've seen more "trainwrecks" with people using alcohol than people going to a rave or having a roll party with friends. Too much of ANYTHING can be bad for you if your not careful. People should do thier research before putting anything into their bodies. There's actually dietary supplements you can buy that increase your roll and don't leave you feeling "E-tarded". But really there is no "safe" way to get "fucked up". Especially if you liked to get fucked up a lot.

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:41:48 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Are you talking about ephidrine? Hmmm... sounds silly. Eat a cactus Smile

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:45:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

haha where did you get ephidrine from?
it's a sound

KUSHMASTER
#13 Posted : 10/31/2008 3:13:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Are you talking about ephidrine? Hmmm... sounds silly. Eat a cactus Smile

No I'm talking about 5-htp. Stay hydrated and eat a good meal aftwards too, a cactus if you want...Laughing But on occasion when i do roll with friends thats what I do and I feel just fine afterwards.

If you can't control your drugs then you shouldn't be taking them. ( Not YOU specifically, just people in general)

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

lorax
#14 Posted : 11/3/2008 12:07:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you can extract ephedrine from ephedra herb. it is very easy to do. but why bother.. ephedrine is EXTREMELY stressful as i think! this comes from a person who had once ate 8 supercaps!!! (never attempt this!)
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

m-maf
#15 Posted : 12/11/2008 1:56:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have used most in my time and have found all types to have benefits and draw backs. When i was younger i used to go to big british raves dropp some speed (amphetamines not sure of type as varied weekely in the u.k at the time) and also mdma and lsd to enjoy the party vibe. The pills we used to get varied aswwell from MDA to MDEA to MDMA. I used to have such good times and especialy the british scene at the time was good vibe, now without looking for it or activaley searching for it i became spiritualy enlightened of these substances. I was at a well known british summer festival and without going into it , it changed my live positivaly for good. Now this was when i was about 15 now moving fwd i have tried ~DMT but not broke threw, mescaline, 2CB 1000s of acids 1000s of Es, coke , crack, heroin, opium and off course lots of booze (well i am british after all). Now i have had a true plus 4 religeaous experince wher on Es in a club in west yorkshire called orbit which was basicaly a techno pressure cooker. On tyhis nignt i danced with GOD not literally next to me but i belived that i was touched by a higher force and this also changed my again for the positive. I have had one very bad tripping experiance on loacl Liberty cap mushrooms here in yorkshire that but me in a constant state of distrust and paranioa. the rest crack heroin and coke and speed are all just cups of tea to me you do um for alittle pick up but nothing profound ever happens on them. As stated above there does seem to be certain types dRAW TO CERTAIN DRUGS TYPES ETC ETC. Also i smoke pot daily and cigareets (my one and only true regret in life). Now i may not of had profound experinces on all of the drugs above but have ahd some amazing fun filled adventures whilst on them, therefore i dont care if they are suppooseldy harmful cos i weigh the benefits agaisnt draw backs and decide for me that the benefits out way the draw backs. I now still use all the baove druggs but with alot more reserve than when i was kid. I also still use certain phcheldelics for enlightenement and also personal gain but i use the rest for buzzing and having good times. Like shulgin says mdma is pencilin for the soul but i belive luaghter and good times also to be good for the soul whichj all drugs bring to me even if i arent searching for it.

'Coatl
#16 Posted : 12/14/2008 3:08:58 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I only use botanicals, and at that only botanicals with a long history of human use that have proven to be safe (Ex. NOT Datura/Brugmansia/etc.).

I do not use extracted or synthetic drugs at all. I won't even drink distilled alcohol.

coz42
#17 Posted : 12/14/2008 4:40:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Further expansion of knowledge in pharmacological advances in various assortment of plants.

Datura and Coca java for example, combine you've got a very hearty cannabinoid tea. Very dangerous to work with, but nonetheless, solid in what it can do for the body at low doses. Further purities can even bring out various tropates, which most would just consider another blow. We benign things that cannot be put forward and sort these synthetics to medicine practices. I believe opiates as well have strong yuletide bringings, but recreational as they are, very much dangerous to where it is now. Best just stick a label on it, rename it, and chickenfeed to those with ADD. Psychedelics play their part. Entire genre of case studies and experiences over the millenia should knock out certain headcases.

A question to the sober would follow with "Who is the real space-case?"

users of the Culture (ecstacy, mescaline, weed, alcohol, cocaine etc.) are really using to expand their individual spiritual presence whether its apparent or not. Lose sight of this, you lose sight of yourself i say, but wouldn't speak for everybody.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

'Coatl
#18 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:04:10 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Dude... What the hell are you talking about?

jamie
#19 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:06:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

datura and coca...i dont think either contain cannabinoidsConfused ...

anyway.. I try to stay healthy and dont use harmful substances. I stayed away from basically all drugs, even alcohol while in high school. I smoked cannabis for the first time in like grd 10 I think, and the odd time in 11 and 12, but i never really got that stoned from it. I drank at parties for a while whenI was 18 and 19, and then a friend of time turned me onto cannabis, and one day I jsut got really really fuckn high it just killed a whole bunch of stupid crap that had been circulating through my head for year...and for the first time in my life I really just felt OK.

Cannabis then became my one true lover...until I found those damn little mushrooms. The first time I ate mushrooms it was like pure magic. I remember playing guitar and I could see the notes actually leaving the strings when my fingers hit them, and vibrate out into the room around me.

My mother was always interested in wicca, and one day I had been reading something about witchraft or the occult and come across the topic of shamanism and plants..I became fixated on the magical use of entheogenic substances, and read everything I could find.

I found another friend who shared this interest, and we began experimenting with mushrooms on the weekends. We tried salvia extracts a few times also and were completely blown away, but i dont think I was really ready to comprehend the sage at that point. I began using mushrooms very often, sometimes up to 3 times a week for about 2 years. I had a few LSA and LSD experiences in that time as well, but really it was mushrooms all the way for me. I watched certain people distance themselves from me because of this fact (some of them heavey drinkers and cocain users,which i never cared for),but I was alwasy just fine on my own anyway. My mushroom use got even crazier as i began using higher doses, and I found sort of a psychedelic family of ppl that I now feel very connected to and grateful for having met them.

I feel like I spent the better part of 2 years basically either on a trip or basking in the afterglows, but I dont regret one second of any of it. I learned so much and it changed me in ways I cant even begin to explain. I used to feel so lost..it sounds stupid but thinking about all I have gained makes me want to cry with joy..

Lately, I have been journeying with either mushrooms of aya about once a month. In the last year or so I have also come back to explore the sage again, and when I began to grow her myself, my relationship with this plant grew exponentially. I feel that all my mushroom experiences have allowed me a much deeper perspective on the work shamans do, and that this foundation was necessary to properely work with the sage. I usually have a salvia experience every week or so as it currently peaks my interest and seems to pose a challenge for me I feel willing to take.

I have used san pedro as well a few times,and REALLY enjoyed it, and plan on doing more work with this plant in the future as I am currently focussed on growing it..I would also like to work closer with ayahuasca in a group setting.

I have limited experience with MDMA as well, and found it useful as an occasional, maybe once a yr type experience.

Mostly though, Im just interested in the cultural/spiritual/medicinal use of all plants. I have experience with many other plants that wouldnt necessarily qualify as psychedelic, such as calea, blue lotus, passionflower etc..lots of herbs.. ... oh, and of course I smoke the spice Wink
Long live the unwoke.

Entropymancer
#20 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:08:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I'm wondering the same thing.... datura + coca + coffee = cannabinoids???????????

coz42, is English your first language? If not, it might be easier to work out what you're saying if you type it in your native tongue and just run it through babelfish or a similar online translator.

12NEXT