We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Is Chaliponga More Powerful Than Mimosa?
Choice Votes Statistics
Chaliponga is more powerful by weight, and in psychological effects 0 0 %
Chaliponga is more powerful by weight, but not in psychological effects 0 0 %
Chaliponga is less potent by weight, but more powerful psychological effect 5 83 %
Chaliponga is less potent by weight, and less powerful psychological effect 1 16 %

The Great Chaliponga Debate Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 8/17/2011 7:08:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HI!! I noticed there are varying comments concerning the potency and effects of Chaliponga. Some people claim that chaliponga is about equal to mimosa in potency by weight; ie: 5g of chaliponga is about as strong as 5g of mimosa. Other people say that while the dmt content in chaliponga is not as potent as mimosa by weight, the mental effects of chaliponga are more drastic, bizarre, unpredictable, etc

I thought we'd take a vote to get a better understanding of where the majority of opinions lie, or if opinions are split on the topic. I don't think chaliponga is something to fear, and it may be misleading to have people believe that chaliponga is some kind of super-yage. So this poll is of course, only for people who have tried both mimosa and chaliponga.

My vote goes to the final choice, in my experience, chaliponga was both less potent by weight, and in psychological effects. Chaliponga does have its own unique character, but I didn't find it more bizarre, or mind warping than mimosa. I thought the chaliponga trips were very smooth, consistent, peaceful, and less nauseating than mimosa. I can also say though, that like most people, I prefer mimosa. However, people should ALWAYS use caution when trying something they haven't tried before. It can't be denied that there ARE people out there who swear that chaliponga has a particular ability to frighten, or make people believe they're losing their head. You don't want to take too much and scare the bloody hell out of yourself.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

EquaL Observer
#2 Posted : 8/17/2011 7:30:06 AM

Ross

I have had two batches of chaliponga, one of them was a 50g caapi, 10g chali brew and it was quite potent, very ecstatic. The last batch I tried 10g chali, 100g caapi and got no tryptamine visuals, tried again with 15g and I guess it must have been a bad batch because nothing again, really disappointing.

I've had more alien architecture like visuals with chali, less meaningful to real life and train-of-thought is less smooth as usual with other caapi brews. But I quite like it, would be good to work with it more regularly to have a better idea though
Your depth is your integrity

Seraph
#3 Posted : 8/17/2011 8:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can someone do an analysis on chaliponga to see what alkaloids it has because I don't think DMT is the only alkaloid and I doubt there is 5-MeO-DMT in chaliponga but no one knows if there is or is not 5-MeO-DMT in chaliponga for sure, there might be an alkaloid in chaliponga that no one predicted but no one will know what alkaloids are in chaliponga until someone does an analysis on it.

jamie
#4 Posted : 8/17/2011 9:14:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

why do you doubt there is 5meo in chaliponga?
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#5 Posted : 8/17/2011 11:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I believe 69ron has done extensive experimentation to verify 5-MeO's presence in chaliponga. In any case, in reflecting upon my various mimosa experiences against my chaliponga experience, I would say that the intensities are rather the same, but mimosa has more substance to the experience, but chaliponga had a "fresh flavor" (not sense-wise).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

polytrip
#6 Posted : 8/18/2011 3:32:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I've send endlessness some chaliponga leaves to have it tested for 5-MeO-DMT. I think we'll find out soon what kind of alkaloïds are present in chaliponga besides DMT.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 8/18/2011 5:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah now in september I should get them tested and Ill let you guys know

Apoc
#8 Posted : 8/18/2011 7:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

yay! The 5meo question has been on my mind for a while as well.

soulfood
#9 Posted : 8/18/2011 7:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Global wrote:
I believe 69ron has done extensive experimentation to verify 5-MeO's presence in chaliponga.

I remember he said because chaliponga was active sublingually whereas DMT isn't. This signified presence of 5meoDMT, or at least another substance that could make DMT active sublingually.

Apoc
#10 Posted : 8/19/2011 6:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Global wrote:
I believe 69ron has done extensive experimentation to verify 5-MeO's presence in chaliponga.

I remember he said because chaliponga was active sublingually whereas DMT isn't. This signified presence of 5meoDMT, or at least another substance that could make DMT active sublingually.

lol. Really, that's all the experimentation that's been done? I was thinking to myself, I doubt endlessness trusts 69ron's experiments.

Looks like you upgraded your avatar to 3d.

Global
#11 Posted : 8/19/2011 1:11:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

endlessness wrote:

What methods do you plan on using for verification?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Apoc
#12 Posted : 9/29/2011 7:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Did you do it? Sorry, that's probably annoying.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 9/29/2011 8:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No not yet, I am really out of cash and I need to buy some solvent like xylene or similar to make sure it picks up any potential 5-MeO-DMT. Dont worry I will definitely be doing this, I already have the chaliponga at hand.

I will be testing it with GC-MS, or in the future we might be having access to HPLC-MS too. I will also test with TLC, but I know the eluent mixture we are using for tryptamines (methanol:ammonium hydroxide 100:2.5)doesnt separate well DMT and 5-MeO DMT, so im gonna have to find a new eluent mixture that separates them better before TLC can work out.

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 10/27/2011 9:11:50 AM

gufyg

I don't think I can pick one of the options, I don't think it's as simple as that.

I have only used these two plants as tryptamine sources, and consider them both wonderful and powerful teachers, with striking similarities in the general form and gestalt of the visuals, as in they're operating with the same geometry, although I've noticed jurema gives visuals of a red-purple hue whereas chaliponga is more yellows and greens and electric blues. I notice more alien symbols coming up in the visuals of chaliponga than jurema. Jurema is expansive, with somewhat more ornateness to the particular forms of the visuals, whereas chaliponga is more "squiggly", watery, and more dense. Chaliponga gets all over you, like there is this strange magical film over my skin.

I almost always experience entities with high dose (11 grams plus ) chaliponga, while I have never experienced an entity I could see with my eyes on jurema. However, jurema is far more visionary, especially via CWE. I have these long drawn out episodes occurring in my mind's eye, and have experienced a different sort of entity. With chali, I get more machine-elf sorts of entities, visual entities, whereas with jurema they are spiritual entities, more like primal teachers of man than inquisitive space elves.

Chaliponga is FAR more unpredictable. It can turn on you unexpectedly, and when you fall into doubt or lose your nerve in the slightest, this plant pounces on you and disembowles you. Mimosa is much more gentle, despite it's power. Chaliponga is a golden jaguar, while jurema is Waikira, protector of the animals.

These are all just my personal impressions. As for the 5-MeO-DMT question, I am inclined to think that it's there, just from what I've read about 5-MeO. But I think it is minor compared to the DMT present. My visuals are always VERY colorful and clearly the result of having ingested DMT!

ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Chaquah
#15 Posted : 3/13/2014 10:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So did Endlessness every raise the cash to get Xylene ?