We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pleased to meet you fellow explorers =) Options

Dr Psychonaut
#1 Posted : 8/16/2011 8:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi fellow psychonauts,

I'll start by introducing myself. I chose the name Dr psychonaut as I am a medical student who both loves and admires the sensible exploratory use of psychedelic substances. For me it began with smoking marijuana in my teen years and enjoying the altered frame of thinking it allowed me to experience. Although using mushrooms and MDMA a few times in these years I only really discovered psychedelics recently in the last 2 years. Since then I have used ketamine, LSD, mushrooms, MDMA, salvia and DMT fairly frequently and have been amazed at how these substances have greatly improved both the understanding of my own mind and myself as well as spiritual concepts I had read about for many years but never fully understood. Having read more or less all reading materials available regarding DMT I am most interested in this compound as a means to try and understand the links between science and spirit. I now have access to DMT whenever I wish and just started bringing back some insight into my journeys. I would love to be able to use this forum as a way of sharing this insight with other travellers and most importantly helping achieve further insight through the advice and wisdom of fellow more experienced travellers. I'm also very interested in the use of psychedelics in psychotherapy/psychiatry and would love to get some views and ideas from the community on these matters. I look forward to having some deep discussions with many of you.

Dr Psychonaut
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 8/16/2011 9:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi Dr psychonaut,

welome to the nexus. As you are studying medicine, do you intend to go into the field of psychedelic studies too, or is this just a personal interest of yours? What do you mean by "spirit and science" - what does each of them mean to you and what are you looking for to link them?

As for psychedelics and Psychotherapy etc, I'm sure you've already looked at all the material MAPS provides, or Stan Grof / Tim Leary / John C. Lilly etc. It seems that recently work in this area is increasing. There are conferences on it occaisonally, two of them I visited, and I think next year there will be a big symposium in Switzerland again, which probably will be very interesting, so check it out if you can make it there.

good luck with all.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

۩
#3 Posted : 8/16/2011 9:09:17 PM

Hey Dr Psychonaut,

I am pleased to digitally meet you as well.

It's great to hear psychedelics have helped you improve your understanding of certain subjects.
Some of them seem like accelerators for our central nervous systems. Much can be learned in these modes. I can totally relate.

I am also very interested in the use of psychedelics for therapy, as well as drug addiction.
It's great to see this kind of stuff being done underground or personally, but I would love to see it implemented into basic medical practice, rather than demonized. It seems like this movement is inevitable and I can see it slowly working it's way into place regardless of the laws that seek to suppress..

Feel free to discuss and help out wherever you can. Thanks for taking the time to write your introduction.

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus!

Dr Psychonaut
#4 Posted : 8/17/2011 8:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for such a warm welcome.

Quote:
welome to the nexus. As you are studying medicine, do you intend to go into the field of psychedelic studies too, or is this just a personal interest of yours? What do you mean by "spirit and science" - what does each of them mean to you and what are you looking for to link them?

Although at the moment it is of personal interest, the field of psychedelic studies definitely seems to be calling out to me. There's so much potential for these substances that are so misunderstood by the majority of society. For me 'spirit' refers to the inner aspects - that which cannot be measured as it is subjective, and 'science' as the outer aspects that can be measured and proved. Combining science and spirit for our future evolution I think would definitely need to involve a different approach to our closed-minded methods of having to show definitive repeatedly measurable results to prove that something is of any value to man.

Quote:
As for psychedelics and Psychotherapy etc, I'm sure you've already looked at all the material MAPS provides, or Stan Grof / Tim Leary / John C. Lilly etc. It seems that recently work in this area is increasing. There are conferences on it occaisonally, two of them I visited, and I think next year there will be a big symposium in Switzerland again, which probably will be very interesting, so check it out if you can make it there.

This sounds fascinating and until now was unaware of such conferences. I particularly admire the work of Karl Jansen in looking at ketamine death/rebirth psychotherapy, and also Rick Strassman's approaches to DMT and psilocybin research. I will certainly check out MAPS website and find details of future conferences.

Quote:
I am also very interested in the use of psychedelics for therapy, as well as drug addiction.
It's great to see this kind of stuff being done underground or personally, but I would love to see it implemented into basic medical practice, rather than demonized. It seems like this movement is inevitable and I can see it slowly working it's way into place regardless of the laws that seek to suppress..

I fully agree that psychedelics should be used in everyday medical practice, particularly as palliative care for the terminally ill and in psychiatry. I think the main issue is a wide lack of understanding and knowledge of these substances across the medical profession. I'd love to help try and change that.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 8/17/2011 9:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus!Smile

So, a 'croaker' in the making, to quote William Burroughs!!

As someone who has followed your path to completion I can say I agree these compounds have immense potential and theyre a resource which, sadly, are not given the place in medical practise they rightly deserve.

In order to effect the change we here seek, I advise you to study hard, play the 'game' and complete your studies successfully.

They only have the chance of gaining the recognition they deserve once we have a good number of qualified practitioners who are familiar with them through experience.And these practitioners need to be regarded as legitimate members of the trade, and not as whack-jobs.Im sure you know what I mean by this.

Once again, welcome!!Wink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.