We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
VaporGenie with steel wool? Options

sheepie
#1 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:34:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just thought of this.

The Machine uses steel wool to "trap" melted DMT...

Instead of putting a bed of "herbs" or extra screens into VG or any pipe for that matter - couldn't we just use steel wool instead just like in The Machine?
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

sheepie wrote:
Just thought of this.

Instead of putting a bed of "herbs" or extra screens into VG or any pipe for that matter - couldn't we just use steel wool instead just like in The Machine?

Or how about this: (see attached photo)

Read around and you'll discover that this is a standard technique for holding spice in a VG/GVG.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
screens.jpg (51kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

sheepie
#3 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:42:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw the topic with that, that's what reminded me of steel wool Razz

They never mentioned steel wool in that topic though... and if that steel wool-looking metal thing is so effective, why not use that in the machine instead of steel wool?
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

gibran2
#4 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:46:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

sheepie wrote:
I saw the topic with that, that's what reminded me of steel wool Razz

They never mentioned steel wool in that topic though... and if that steel wool-looking metal thing is so effective, why not use that in the machine instead of steel wool?

The material in the photo is copper. I'd never use steel wool in the Machine, the GVG, or anything else - steel wool, if heated sufficiently (and it doesn't take much heat if the steel wool is fine enough) can ignite, forming iron oxides, which I don't think you'd want to inhale.

Also, steel wool can leave a strong metallic aftertaste.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#5 Posted : 8/16/2011 6:23:48 PM
Explorer

gibran2 wrote:
sheepie wrote:
Just thought of this.

Or how about this: (see attached photo)

Read around and you'll discover that this is a standard technique for holding spice in a VG/GVG.

And for me it's the only way I find to be 100% functional. Worth ordering from the web if you can't get it locally. Chore boy copper mesh for example

McCoyBoy
#6 Posted : 8/17/2011 3:50:38 AM

enthusiast

has anyone ever tried smoking dmt out of a eclipse vape2o, that has also used the GVG? I honestly don't get all the hype but I have yet to try a GVG, looking for someone who has tried both for opinions.
as above, so below

tele
#7 Posted : 11/20/2011 9:58:52 AM
Explorer

McCoyBoy wrote:
has anyone ever tried smoking dmt out of a eclipse vape2o, that has also used the GVG? I honestly don't get all the hype but I have yet to try a GVG, looking for someone who has tried both for opinions.

Even if the eclipse would work equally well(which I very much doubt), I would not even consider it due to it's appearance and price (89 bucks) compared to the GVG. The glass pipe has proven to be most likely the best tool for DMT vaping, so based on that matter I would be getting one if I would have to choose.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm replying to old post.