We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
aya/ana/pharmahuasca recipes Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 10/29/2008 2:07:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
At this moment there are, i think countless ana/aya/pharmahuasca brews people use.
I have totally lost the scepticism i initially had, towards this type of brews and it has become my most favorite way of taking DMT.
I realy like experimenting with it. Try different ingredients, mixtures, ways of preparing it, etc.
I would like to know wich are your favorite's.
Next weekend i'm gonna try chaliponga as an additive for the first time.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 10/29/2008 3:13:28 PM

The Great Namah

Chalipong is an additive (admixture). The Caapi is the base.

Symantics aside:

30-40grams of strong white Caapi
15-20grams of strong Chaliponga
2 Leaves of Mapacho tobacco (N. Rustica)
3 grams Cat's Claw
1/4 teaspoon Yerba Mate

I usually boil mine seperately and combine to reduce.

Water prep: 4 drops phosphoric acid (10% food grade) per 500mL or 1:3 vinegar:water mix
I find that phosphoric acid extracts quicker and more efficiently than acetic acid (vinegar)

Boil Chaliponga, Cat's Claw, Tobacco, and Yerba Mate lightly (simmer) 30 minutes in 1/4 liter water 3 times
Boil Caapi vine 4 hours 1/2 liter water 3-5 times or until water comes out clear
I use a crock pot for the Caapi vine with the lid left off. The Chali is in a non aluminum pot on a gas stove with the lid off.

Mix in a very large pot add heat until steaming, add 1-2 egg whites stir, stir, stir, stir with a wisk...strain with a collander and a sheet of paper towel to catch all of the egg whites, none should be left in your brew. The brew will no longer looks muddy but is now a golden clear brew...beautiful.

Reduce very slowly while blowing mapacho smoke on the brew and with Santo Palo insence burning near by. Reduce to a manageable 50-100mL's. Careful at the end, you don't want your brew burning.

Take in one shot with a slice of orange as a chaser, sit back and wait for Mama Caapi to take over.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 10/29/2008 6:28:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i was planning to use it as an additive.
This sounds like a good recipe though. Apart from the tobacco.
It seems that you agree with me, that taking your time to make the brew and to treat it with great care and respect, realy adds something to the whole journey.
I'm definately going to add cat's claw and mate, it makes perfect sense to me. I also will try to do the eggwhite thing.
Thanks for this recipe.
I'm also planning to, once the brew is made, make a MHRB coldwater infusion with it (cold aya infusion, that is). I find the taste and smell of mimosa and caapi combined just very apropriate somehow. Don't know why. They both have a hint of insence or something.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/29/2008 8:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has already drank caapi+viridis (many times), caapi+mimosa, caapi+freebase and rue+freebase (once each)

The caapi, SWIM already tried normaly boiling 3x for 40 mins each boil, and also already tried acidified cold brew (dagger´s cold filtering tek)... Both worked perfect, maybe the acidified cold brew was even stronger

the mimosa SWIM only tried boiling 3x in acidified water, + egg white cleaning. Mimosa tastes horrible even after the cleaning.

the freebase, SWIM tried by putting it inside mashed banana and swallowing, and also trying to dissolve in lemon juice and drinking.
The lemon juice was better on the stomach but pieces of freebase remained undissolved and they burned a bit the throat as they went down. SWIM thinks he just didnt use enough lemon juice or the freebase was in too big pieces, he should have made them more powdery before putting in the juice.
The mashed banana was good for swallowing, but on the stomach it was quite harsh a couple of hours later

The rue SWIM only tried boiling in 3x acidified water.

From all these experiments, SWIM preffers caapi+viridis the most, but he needs to try the others more to have a better opinion. Also mimosa + rue was not tried yet.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/29/2008 8:29:32 PM

The Great Namah

May I highly suggest brewing them seperatly (or cold water extracting them seperately).

I've heard some bad reports of people mixing them while brewing and having some weird stuff happen to their brew. Weird emulsion or stuff falling out of the brew or something like that, I can't quite remember now, but don't have the time to go look it up.

Be very careful with cold water extractions on Mimosa...those other alkaloids are destroyed by heat, and if you drink it without reducing it with lots of heat you are going to have a very potent brew indeed! I have read a few reports of overwelming experiences with as little as 5 grams of Mimosa (cold water extracted of course).

For me Rue and Mimosa go much better than Caapi and Mimosa for some reason. Mimosa has her own feel/spirit that seems to complament rue better than caapi. You may find that you like the Caapi/Mimosa brew better...dunno!

The tobacco is added for two reasons

1) Machapo is used to ward off negative energies
2) It helps potentiate the brew but also calms down the insanity that can sometimes come with the come up

I don't add much, just a bit...come to think of it 2 leaves was for my two man brew, I always brew two batches at a time...so I guess my recipe would only include 1 leaf.

The Mate both potentiates and energies the mind and body.

It's a brew that has worked well for me and a few trusted friends that I share my brew with.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/29/2008 8:44:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

at least in geographical terms, mimosa and rue indeed match more as they both come from dry places.. Dont know if that is the reason why so many people say they mix better than caapi and rue (I had also heard this other times)

but yes thanks for the tip, they would definitely not be boiled together

tobacco, could well be, but somehow I just dont work well with tobacco..

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:19:56 PM

The Great Namah

endlessness wrote:
at least in geographical terms, mimosa and rue indeed match more as they both come from dry places.. Dont know if that is the reason why so many people say they mix better than caapi and rue (I had also heard this other times)

but yes thanks for the tip, they would definitely not be boiled together

tobacco, could well be, but somehow I just dont work well with tobacco..

With Aya, I have found that listening to ones instinct (guided by Mama Aya) is the way to go. If something doesn't feel right, it isn't right.
The Spice extends life

flyboy
#8 Posted : 10/30/2008 3:00:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Since we're on topic what eating/fasting/food avoidance do you do beforehand? Every weekend i put off aya for smoking because i eat a lot of chocolate and meat and all sort of crap on the list of maoi interactors.

Do we get as "spiced" (?) on aya as we do with smoking freebase?

I've read a few places chaliponga was the strongest for aya, can anyone comment?

I've also read either rue or caapi will take away the 'edge', ie one is more relaxing than the other... which one is more realxing, caapi?

cheers mates

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:10:44 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Per Person-

44-77grams of Caapi (White or Yellow)
22-33grams Psychotria viridis leaves
13-17grams Diplopterys cabrerana leafs
3-33grams Caapi leafs

Most of the time what I do is brew a large batch and then find the potency of the brew.

Brewing should take 18+ hours. The brew will keep for 7-13 days, but no longer. Keep it in the fridge.

I would not add ANY other admixture espeically tobacco, personally it would make me very sick and give me the spins. I will only add other admixture botanicals if you know exactly what their purpose is and have a clear intent for them.

I'd like to look into plants like "Cat's Claws" and others... but I would never add tobacco or brugmansia/datura.

I wouldn't do anything to water except add just a few tablespoons of lemon juice, anything esle will burn your stomach and make you puke. (2 tablespoons of Lemon juice + Bottled Water)

Please tell me more about Cat's Claw and other admixtures! And... what the egg white thing?

Ayahuasca Diet-

Within 33 days of and 33 days after-

ALL medications, vitamins and/or other drugs
Protein bars or extracts
Aged Cheese and other fermented edibles and drinks
Migraine medicines
MAOIs, SSRIs and any other anti-depressants
O.T.C. cold medicines, Decongestants, Asprin, Allergy, Asthma etc.
Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine
Yohimbe, St.John's Wort, Rhodiola and other herbal medications
Sedatives- Sleeping Pills, Tranquilizers, etc.
Diet pills, Appetite suppressants, etc.
Narcotics- Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine, etc.
Allergy or Asthma Medication
All types of Opiates- Opium, Valium, Oxycotton, Hydrocodone
Any other type MAO inhibitor

Within 7 days of and 7 days after-

Same as above+
All drugs and alcohol (Including Alcohol, Tobacco, Caffeine, EVERYTHING)
Herbal medinicals and psychoactives of all sorts
Any tyrosine-containing food
All Beans (including soy!!!) This also includes bean products- like soy sauce, bean dip, etc. No beans!!
Broad (Fava) bean pods
Soy Sauce and Miso soup
Avocados
Pickled edibles- Pickled pigs feet, pickled eggs, pickles.
Non-alcoholic brewed (Fermented) beverages (non-alcoholic beer), etc.
Kombucha; All other fermented brewed drinks.
Protein bars or extracts
Aged cheese
High amounts of sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa nibs, other stimulants, etc.
Make sure all food are fresh; spoiled or old food is the main cause of negative reactions.

Within 3 days of and 3 after-

Same as above+
Began Fasting
All drugs and alcohol
Kombucha, Beer and/or other fermented beverages
Bananas
All Dairy products
Dried Fruits (Raisins, Dates, etc.)
Chocolate
Dill, Parsley, Fennel and other strong spices.
All Beans (including soy!!!) This also includes bean products- like soy sauce, bean dip, etc. No beans!!
Avocados
Cultured dairy products (buttermilk, yogurt, cheeses and sour cream)
All Caffeine products (Coffee, Black or Oolong Tea, Energy Drinks, Ect.)
Soy Sauce
Spinach
Nuts- Peanuts, Walnuts, Pecans, etc.
High Protein Meals, Beef soup, steaks, etc.
Sausage, Bologna, Pepperoni, Liver and Salami (Pork)
Sauerkraut, Mayo’, Sourcream, etc.
Shrimp, Lobster and Crayfish
Yeast and other mirco-organisms (unless baked)
Salts, Sugars, Oils and Fats
Make sure all food are fresh; spoiled or old food is the main cause of negative reactions.

Within 36 hours of and 36 hours after-

Same as above+
Perform Detox, cleanse the body.
Meditate, empty the mind and relax.
No meat or ingestion of any sort of living creature.
Absolute no candy, sugar, fats, oils, salt and/or spices.
No sex or masturbation.
Take a long bath or shower; Paint yourself Blue.
Drink nothing but water.
Contemplate the experience.

33-7 hours before-

Same as above + No food (One light meal of fresh fruit or rice may be eaten during this period)

3-1 hours before-

Same as above + No water or other drink (One small glass of water may be drank)

5-15m before-

Prepare a snack of fresh fruit and wild or white rice with butter and oil.
Pre-roll a small joint, prepare the area, make sure everything is ready.
Release all bodily waste and fluids.
Shake/stir Ayahuasca before use.

The Trip-

Drink Aya’ quickly along with a small glass of water, if desired.
Attempt to keep Aya’ down at least 1-2 hour, or as long as you can.
Ingest mint and/or ginger (Anti-nausea) if desired.
Smoke cannabis (Anti-nausea) if desired.
Consume the MAOI safe food, if desired.
Run around naked and make strange noises.
Be sure to drink a glass of water or juice to re-hydrate yourself after 1-2 hours or just after the purge.

Some good things to eat during the strictest periods of dieting are-

Plain white rice, wild rice, etc.
Freshly caught fish (Never frozen or out-dated)
Fresh Raw Fruits and Vegetables

How to Detox-

Sweat-Lodge
Herbal Enema
Pumice and Soap Scrubs, Hot Showers/Baths
Lots of Exersice
Ingestion of "Detox" herbals- Reishi mushrooms, Kombucha, Green/White Teas, Cranberry Juice, etc. (anybody know of anymore?)
Waxing or Removal of Body Hair

My diet is very strict but I suggest you follow your own adapted form of it.

I realize the MAOIs in Caapi don't interact with foods, but I think a diet is still an important part of the process and makes the experience more worthwhile.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

rellik
#10 Posted : 10/30/2008 4:27:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

though it has not been mentioned, i did not enjoy Toe (brugmansia) when it was added to the admixture
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 10/30/2008 1:53:59 PM

The Great Namah

As for avoiding foods

I sometimes do, but only to sensitize myself to the effects of aya.

I have in the past eaten meats, coffee, soy, cheese, and a host of other things on the MAOI do not eat list. Remember that Caapi and Rue contain RIMA's which are very different than pharma MAOI's. Pharma MAOI's will permanently bind to the MAO, both the A and B types...it takes weeks before you body makes more MAOs. RIMA, do not permanently attach to MAO's and they only inhibit the MAO-A's not MAO-B. This binding is only temporary and the MAO is not destroyed. The MAO-B is able to neutralize the tyramine in foods, so there really is no risk of a dangerous interaction. The only thing that could be dangerous is caffeine. A very, very small number of people do have a hypertensive crisis when using RIMA's and caffeine, but it is rare.

Medications and Narcotics are another story.

Do not take any of the meds that are listed as contraindicated with MAOI's.
Stims and depressants especially are extremely dangerous when mixed with MAOI's of any type.

What I normally do eat is:

3 days before- no processed meats (pepperoni, salami) or snacks (combo's, jerky, etc.)
1 day before - rice, fish, chicken, eggs...minimal salt, minimal sugar
the day of- decent breakfast -toast/butter maybe cereal, eggs Very light lunch, rice and water, nothing 3-4 hours before drinking the brew, that includes water an hour before.

I find that the above diet does help sensitize me to the effects of the brew. Eating lots of fatty foods, processed meats, cheese, sugar, and especially salt, decrease the effects and will produce a less healing experience.
The Spice extends life

polytrip
#12 Posted : 10/30/2008 8:22:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I usualy eat only fresh fruits the days before and after. Taking it on an empty stomach is more convenient, as well.
I read somewhere here, that some people take melatonin and find that it contributes to their journeys when they take it the days before. I wonder if anybody has experience with those kind of things and aya.

lorax
#13 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the standard amazonian diet: fresh fish, pure rice, cooked bananas. no spices. no salt. lots of water. no sex within 5 days before or after the journey. this is why shamans are mostly single. they take it every week or even 2 times a week. no time for sex anyway Pleased
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 10/31/2008 3:16:00 PM

The Great Namah

polytrip wrote:
I usualy eat only fresh fruits the days before and after. Taking it on an empty stomach is more convenient, as well.
I read somewhere here, that some people take melatonin and find that it contributes to their journeys when they take it the days before. I wonder if anybody has experience with those kind of things and aya.

Not with aya, but it does potentiate mescaline quite a bit if taken daily for a week or two prior to consumption. Higher doseages are needed though (12-18mgs nightly).

Quote:
the standard amazonian diet: fresh fish, pure rice, cooked bananas. no spices. no salt. lots of water. no sex within 5 days before or after the journey. this is why shamans are mostly single. they take it every week or even 2 times a week. no time for sex anyway

Really? I understood that most of them were! The sex restriction varies quite a bit, from the day of to weeks before/after.
The Spice extends life

flyboy
#15 Posted : 11/1/2008 9:57:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I take 30mg-60mg a day of pseudoephedrine in pill form for sinuses and to stay alert, and i drink a huge coffee every morning, and meat at least once a day.

You're trying to tell me if i don't take the pseudo for the day and avoid coffee and meat for 6 -8 hours beforehand i am still in dangerous territory?!

Entropymancer
#16 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

It would probably make for a somewhat uncomfortable experience, but I don't think it qualifies as dangerous territory as long as you avoid them for 6-8 hours beforehand. As I recall, most of the major MAOI contraindications are much more important for MAOI-B than MAOI-A. Harmala alkaloids are MAOI-As. So while it's still a good idea to play it safe, you're not in the same sort of danger with harmala alkaloids that you are with some pharmaceutical MAOIs.

69ron
#17 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:46:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Plus their MAOI-A activity only lasts a few hours. I've read it's nothing to worry about at all. That's why there are no ayahuasca fatalities, and no fatalities on record for peganum harmala. It they were deadly in combination with certain food there would be a least one known fatality on record, but there isn’t. Not a single one.

SWIM eats everything, even during the peak and never had any reactions at all. Not one, except with foods containing drugs (like the caffeine in tea and coffee which becomes slightly more potent).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#18 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes thats right, the concern is next to none.. As another example: Jonathan Ott made an experiment eating loads of tyramine containing food (Cheddar cheese and I dont know what) and also did not feel anything

I have read some people reporting headaches, but I dont know how much we should take those reports at face value, as there are other possible explanations (self suggestion, headaches as a possible somatic effect of ayahuasca itself regardless of tyramine interaction, etc)

I have participated in many rituals where people eat stuff like yoghurt after, or also in Santo Daime in the few times I went they never talked about food to people, and if it was THAT important Im sure they would have..

this is about food... the concerns of SSRIs antidepressants interaction with harmalas are still to be considered

polytrip
#19 Posted : 11/2/2008 2:46:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Man, i wanted to do it this weekend. But on thursday night i had a little accident. I've been blind for two days. Today is the first day i can use my eyes again.
Didn't want to do it completely blinded.
Being blind is kind of intimidating. I felt quite helpless sometimes.

acolon_5
#20 Posted : 11/2/2008 3:42:17 PM

The Great Namah

flyboy wrote:
I take 30mg-60mg a day of pseudoephedrine in pill form for sinuses and to stay alert, and i drink a huge coffee every morning, and meat at least once a day.

You're trying to tell me if i don't take the pseudo for the day and avoid coffee and meat for 6 -8 hours beforehand i am still in dangerous territory?!

Personally, I would stay away from the psuedoephedrine for at least 12 hours before and after, just to be safe. Coffee is not that big of a deal unless you are drinking it by the pot.
The Spice extends life

12NEXT