We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Right where it belongs Options

jeriko
#1 Posted : 8/14/2011 1:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings from Africa Smile

Today, my life is filled with much peace and love, but it wasn't always as such. A year ago, before I'd ever heard of psychedelics, I went through an existential crisis that was traumatic and terrifying, but ultimately healing and invigorating. Over the years I had grown confused, lonely and angry at the world, and fell into a pit from which there seemed no escape, until, perched on the very edge of breaking point, something ancient awoke deep inside of me. An undeniable light with which I victored my shadows, and ever since then my path has been clear. But, I digress Pleased

At university, my studies in psychology and chemistry led to a relationship with tryptamines that continues to fascinate me with insight into the human condition. I've learned that these chemicals truly are to be revered as sacred.

DMT seemed to suddenly appear all around me - I had never heard of it until I happened across some information on Ayahuasca a while back and found the endogeny mildly interesting, then grew curious, and finally I was intrigued. I knew that this was something I wanted to do for sure. I also knew not to hasten any step, so made no concrete plans, telling myself, "Some day". Many days passed and I gathered information ad-hoc, until out of the blue a close friend mentioned that he was looking for someone to embark on the journey with. This is when the wheels really started turning.

And so here I am, deep into my preparations and looking to join a community that I've really grown to respect and admire. It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in these thoughts, as I realize more and more that everything truly is right where it belongs.

Happy trails!

- jeriko
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they toil not, neither do they spin, and yet King Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. So give no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dmtk2852
#2 Posted : 8/14/2011 1:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome to the nexus. I am a big fan of NIN, and although I would never blast off to it(except maybe Ghosts I-IV), I still think the music is relevant to the psychedelic experience. I have no doubt that Trent Reznor has tried psychedelics, acid and ecstasy for sure.
Anyways, I would love to read a trip report feel free to post one in the first steps in hyperspace section, if you haven't already.