We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
this is my second attempt at extraction.. Options

dougebfresh1
#1 Posted : 8/12/2011 10:07:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am somewhat new to this however i've used the site for information off and on for over a year. A friend of mine from way back introduced me to the whole dmt universe he inspired me to try the extraction myself and thats the first time I did the extraction I ended up with a couple grams of whitish yellow crystal powder. When I did the extraction the first time the liquid i was evaporating had a yellow tint to it and this time I used a mixture of xylene and naptha and there is a puple tint to the liquid. I think little purple crystals will look cool tho. Anyways, I have been taking notes and have written each step of my process so I can better understand whats actually happening thru the process. I love dmt its the giver of dreams, I never had memorable dreams until dmt opened my eyes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

caliwa
#2 Posted : 8/12/2011 10:32:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are you FASA precipiting your NP ? i see you used xylene..
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

dougebfresh1
#3 Posted : 8/13/2011 4:45:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

All i'm doing is adding a small amount of vinegar to the powdered material with the water and then adding the base NaOH and then cooling it in the fridge and adding my solvent. The material dried to a strange pinkish color. I think the solvent may have caused some of the color from the red plastic on the squeezing part of my turket baster to come off. I'm gonna try adding the material to some lye water at a ph of like 9 or so and pulling it again with a layer of pure naptha using a glass dropper instead of the turkey baster, in like a tall glass bottle. It felt like dmt but like really weak in comparison to my other experiments and its still sticky almost 24 hours after the extraction.

dougebfresh1
#4 Posted : 8/13/2011 4:48:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could I use tartaric acid instead of fumaric in the acetone. I've never done it that way tho it sounds more complex.

dougebfresh1
#5 Posted : 8/14/2011 2:48:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So i added like 150 ml's of basic water NaOH solution to about 200 ml's of warm naptha which had the dmt in it and the color remained which gives me the impression that the xylene or naptha dissolved some of the red color from my bulb on the turkey baster.. The problem is that i dont think this shit is even safe to smoke.. the first rip i took felt like burning which is expected but the burning was super strong and i couldnt even get two hits in, which gave me a decent buzz but i think i am gonna start a new batch.. the bulb on the turkey baster feels all rubbery and its not firm any more.. i learned my lesson tho lol.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 8/14/2011 9:46:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylene+naphtha mix will pull red color from the bark. Xylene is an aromatic hydrocarbon that isnt very selective like naphtha, it also pulls other plant oils (and small amounts of other secondary alkaloids). It could be your red is simply impurities from the plant. Washing the naphtha+xylene solvent with a basified solution will not remove the color. It could also be, appart from plant impurities due to xylene, you have gotten some impurities from the rubber of the baster. Next time be more careful (or work with full glass syringe/pipette).

Im not sure if dmt tartrate is a solid, I would definitely go for fumaric acid if you want to do FASA.

dougebfresh1
#7 Posted : 8/15/2011 3:12:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the info.. i think that it was definitely a part from the baster cuz the naptha xylene layer was clear until i pulled it into the baster. Next time i will try glass..