We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Would you be willing to participate or contribute to this project?
Choice Votes Statistics
I think it's a bad idea and won't have anything to do with it. 1 1 %
I think it's a great idea but I can't help. 17 26 %
I can contribute supplies (solar, shelter etc.) 3 4 %
I can contribute money 2 3 %
I can participate and contribute 40 63 %

«PREV45678NEXT
The Nexus Community Project Options

SKA
#101 Posted : 1/21/2012 5:28:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Temporary housing could be reinforced Yurts. Relatively cheap, simple to set up & remove.
These yurts can be used as homes while we build our permanent homes. Everyone their own
Yurt, 1 central Kitchen Yurt to store & prepare food in & 1 bathroom Yurt for Showering
and washing clothes. An outhouse should be a temporary toilet. Once our permanent homes are
built we can sell the Yurts again and buy other nececities with the money.
We'd have to bring some foodsupplies, cooking gas-canisters, Water destillers &
musical instruments with us. We should defenitely bring some chickens too & a supply
of food for them. And fishing gear if fish are available.

Building our permanent homes with sandbags shouldn't take much time at all.
We'd need the bags & barbed wire(in between layers of bags for grip) and
a sort of cement-like paste that's water-tight once hardened(to cover the
sandbag walls with).

Every house could have it's own Solar water destiller on it's roof.
Then we could use Solar Panels & Windgenerators to generate electricity.
If Solar Panels prove too expensive and too uneffective, maybe there
are some nice low tech ways of converting solar energy to electricity.

Anyone who knows anything about DIY low tech Solar and/or Wind-Generators, please share.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nexalizer
#102 Posted : 1/24/2012 12:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is something I'd be potentially interested in, in the medium term. First, as said elsewhere in the thread, I think some of us should meet in person to discuss. It is no easy task, but if we focus, make plans and ensure that among us we have the skills required (I for one don't know how to build houses or even maintain a crop)..

Getting along is of course another top priority.

All in all a very interesting idea, I could see myself spending the majority of time there. A small community of interesting like minded individuals, working for the greater good and having fun while doing so. Why not?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

MelCat
#103 Posted : 1/28/2012 9:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definitely ready to make this become a reality.
My girlfriend and I have a nice stash of cash saved up.
The only thing is that she is reluctant to leave the states but is willing if we have a strong support chain.

Here is a new property I found in Peru.

This is an existing Ayahuasca Center on 80 acres for $20,000.
http://realestate.classi...ale_A_Great_Opportunity_

This is the original property which got me thinking about this. 98 Acres for $15,000.
http://realestate.classi...ished_fish_farm_project_

I just emailed Francisco about the 98 acre property so hopefully he'll respond soon with more information.

If anyone is really serious about doing this, let me know soon so we can start figuring out the logistics of making this become a reality.

I really like the Eco Dome idea and instead of buying the sand bags from Cal-Tech for $1,000+ a roll, I've heard of people using burlap sacks which would be WAY cheaper. There are lots of possibilities and options available.

I'm going to get a new passport this week so I can start checking some of these properties out first hand so we know exactly what we're getting into.

I know we can make this happen if we work together.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

majesticnature
#104 Posted : 3/19/2012 9:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Go for it.
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.

BananaForeskin
#105 Posted : 3/19/2012 10:54:25 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Given that majesticnature bumped this thread, is anyone still thinking about/working on this? Melodic Catastrophe..?
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

MelCat
#106 Posted : 3/19/2012 11:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I never received a reply from any of the emails I sent asking about the properties down there in Peru.

I feel like the only way to really move forward is to actually plan a visit down there and check it out first hand.

It would be awesome to have a guide or someone we could trust who knows the ways of the land down there and how real estate works. I doubt that their building codes/laws and enforcement isn't nearly as draconian as ours but it would still be nice to know exactly what is and isn't allowed.

It would also be nice to know where some of the existing communities are located so we can learn from them as much as possible and not have to recreate the wheel in a lot of ways.

It was suggested that the core/founding group meet up before hand to get a feel for each other and make sure we can all get along well enough to make this a reality. I like the idea of being close to Iquitos but other areas are not out of the question.

So I guess the question is who wants to meet up in Peru and when can we meet up?

I need at least a month so I can get my passport renewed. Once I get that, I'm ready when every one else is.

majesticnature
#107 Posted : 3/19/2012 11:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always use the place as a ayahuasca resort to generate money.

MelCat
#108 Posted : 3/20/2012 5:45:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

majesticnature wrote:
You could always use the place as a ayahuasca resort to generate money.

That could be a possibility but it would ultimately come down to a consensus with the people who invest their time, money and energy into the project.

Here is an article I found about purchasing property in Peru.

Buying Property in Peru

Quote:
Whatever the objective of buying a piece of land, a flat or a house may be, you always need to be aware of the main legal issues of such a process. The purpose of this article is to shed some light on the process of buying a property

Our analysis will be divided into 3 sections. Section 1 will focus on the legal ownership and covenants. Section 2 will discuss tax issues. Section 3 will treat some migratory aspects.

Buying a good title

Once you have found the property you wish to buy, you will need to gather information on the legal title with the Public Registry called SUNARP ("Superintendencia Nacional de los Registros Publicos"Pleased. The first step is to ask the owner to give you his details and the ones of the property you are interested in; with these in hand, you can request the "Certificado Registral Inmobilario" (commonly known as a "CRI"Pleased. You should have your lawyer help you interpret this document, because it reveals the identity of the previous and current owner(s), and it details the location and size of the property, as well as the existence of mortgages or liens against the property.

As previously said, never buy any real estate without performing the relevant analysis of the legal title. Always ask to be provided with the original documentation from SUNARP. Never rely on copies of such documents and ensure that the legal documentation is up-to-date.

Be careful with the covenants

If you are buying a house or a piece of land, you need to enquire about the restrictive covenants and other deed restrictions that are in place for the real estate you want to buy. Indeed, they dictate how you can and cannot use the property. They apply to a group of homes or lots, usually property that is part of a specific development or subdivision. They are normally put in place by the municipality. This tells you what you can, or cannot do, with the property. For example, your intention might be to operate an office, or to build an addition to the existing building.

You will need to ask at the municipality in which the real estate is located to give you this information. If you buy a land outside the town, you must ensure whether the land has all the permissions to build. In addition, ask for the "certificado de parámetros urbanísticos" (building parameters certificate), "certificado de zonificación" (usage verification certificate) and then check with your architect if the project you envisage is feasible.

Moreover, you will need to ask the municipality if the current owner has paid all the local taxes such as "Arbitrios" (municipal services tax) and "Impuesto Predial" (property tax).

After obtaining the above mentioned information, your lawyer, or the lawyer contracted by the vendor will draw up the purchase agreement. This document must be certified by a Notary and then filed with SUNARP. You will have to stipulate in the contract who is the contractual party that will assume such duties and legal fees.

Some local tax issues

If you buy real estate property you must pay a special tax called "Alcabala". This tax amounts 3% of the value of the real estate. In order to asses the amount of what you must pay, you must be firstly deduct 10 UIT from the value of the real estate, which is around US$ 10, 000. ("UIT". stands for "Unidad Impositiva Tributaria". The "UIT" is a fixed amount determined by the government in order to handle payments for taxation purposes, fines, and other payments made to the government).

Note that you will have to pay the property tax the next year after you will have acquired the real estate. You may ask the municipality the amount to be paid. You will also have to pay the municipal services tax.

Some migratory aspects

If you live abroad, you may buy real property in Peru through a power of attorney granted to your lawyer or anybody else at the Peruvian Consulate of your country. If you are in Peru as a tourist, it is wise to obtain a permit to sign contracts with DIGEMIN in Lima, before signing any purchase contract. In effect, as a tourist you are not allowed to perform this kind of transactions.

staresatwalls
#109 Posted : 4/1/2012 9:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here's a link on getting gas for stoves or heating from manure. it has a runoff that is stench free apparently from being completely digested. this could water and fertilize a sloped garden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2SMQGUuY3g

i haven't voted but only because i can't currently contribute much of anything other than labor but i will once i get financially stable. i just don't want to vote twice.

this idea seems like utter bliss. i don't think i would want to live there just because i have other plans. but this seems like the perfect vacation spot and i would love to meet my fellow nexus members.

and as for income what about having a bunch of wind power generators and or hydro electric and solar and selling power back to the grid?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

vovin
#110 Posted : 4/3/2012 2:10:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

For the sake of consolidating similar lines of thought:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=31026

kyrolima wrote:

+ Who really wants to give up his whole life.

Me.... without hesitation, to do great things one must take great risks.

I would be in, and in a short while fully ready to lend aid. As a engineer and a hillbilly I know quite a bit of living in balance with nature and the science and the environmental know how to make it happen. I have no idea how I would get to Peru but you better bet your arse I would be in and have something to offer if I have to work 3 jobs and sell off everything I own to do it. I think it is time to make the myths, to live the legend.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Kronas
#111 Posted : 4/3/2012 5:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Count me in, once I have some financial stability to get down there and contribute. I am pretty well rounded as far as skillsets, plumbing, carpentry, and farming.

The main concern should be setting up and maintaining the growing of food, and ensuring a steady supply of clean drinking water, septic tank for sewage.

Once that has been established, lodging and ammenities can be installed.

I would propose keeping the land as lush as posssible, except for farming and right around the dwellings, as to not disturb the lands natural growth and energy.

Food forests are a great way to supplement traditional methods of farming, using cover and companion planting to minimize external fertilizer inputs.

A few points -

Compost

Rain Collectors

Bee Hives

Art Studios

Drums

Solar power

Fire - Wood burning stoves

Hammocks

Communication

Expertise/Specializations - Botanist, Plumber, Carpenter, Mechanic, Electrician, etc.

Tools, High-Quality

Sweat Lodges

Animals

Family, Brotherhood, Community, Hard-Work, Patience, Skill, Direction, Focus, Helping, Sharing, Hope, Peace, Respect

Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

nexalizer
#112 Posted : 4/3/2012 2:44:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps a scouting trip to Peru is in order?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

majesticnature
#113 Posted : 4/10/2012 2:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check this out http://www.landwatch.com...5974984&mltmid=23111

I am sure this is legit too. 41 Agriculture worthy acres for 50 Grand. We could bank money off this land for sure if we grow acai or goji berries or possibily Cacao bean. Belize is a like a tropical paradise at their beaches too.

SKA
#114 Posted : 4/12/2012 3:08:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kyrolima wrote:
wrote:
+ Who really wants to give up his whole life.

What life? This deeply boring, repetative & enslaved Urban life? Me.
If I can move to a relatively remote, natural enviroment and with others,
build houses, tend crop farms, entheogenic greenhouses, build a ceremonial building,
water purification-systems, keeping chickens & building fish farms.. I won't hesitate
for a minute to leave my present life behind.

Is anyone(of those ready to invest time, effort & money into this project) here any
good at organising such undertakings? Maybe someone could find out what exactly it
takes to found an officially recognised Organisation with international members?

Perhaps people of the Venus project can also be contacted for help.

majesticnature
#115 Posted : 4/22/2012 4:12:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA I like your attitude!

jungleheart
#116 Posted : 4/23/2012 1:29:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think I can go if there isn't internet/electricity. I would go crazy. How else would you get books?

MelCat
#117 Posted : 4/23/2012 3:06:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jungleheart wrote:
I don't think I can go if there isn't internet/electricity. I would go crazy. How else would you get books?

We'll definitely have some way of generating electricity... I'm kinda concerned about internet access as well but I'm sure we'll figure something out. Worst case scenario is you'll have to take a ride into town to find some wifi.

vovin
#118 Posted : 4/23/2012 3:46:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

There's a company that offers satellite internet for a somewhat reasonable price. I looked into it awhile back. Still the community would not be so remote as to not have access to signals from phone stations. Which themselves carry internet access.

Still if one is so reliant on daily internet access I think that is a serious concern in and of itself. I myself see it as a duality. The need to regress from modern world but still hold the umbilical cord to it's luxuries.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

MelCat
#119 Posted : 5/26/2012 11:06:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We are now actively working towards making this project a reality.

We've decided on the name The Next Us Sustainable Village.

Our mission statement is:

Quote:
The Next Us Village Mission Statement

1.To create a community the size of a small village made up of individuals focused on organic farming and a variety of sustainable practices.

2.Openly provide accurate and comprehensive information about permaculture and organic farming through workshops.

3.To live in harmony with the land and surrounding bioregions with long-term sustainable goals in mind.

4.Once established, teach others the necessary information and provide resources to establish other Next Us Sustainable Villages around the world.

We are in dire need of some volunteers to help us get all of the legal issues taken care of properly.

We currently need:

*A Non-Profit Guru

*An accountant familiar with working with non-profit organizations

*A lawyer who is also familiar with working with non-profit organizations

*Someone to donate (or give us a really good deal on) some land in the South East United States, preferably 20-30 acres. The ideal land would have a stream, no restrictions on building, no toxic industries in the area and of course, nice fertile soil.

-A certified permaculture designer and people experienced with sustainable building on a budget.

* = high priority

If you are interested or able to help out, please let us know ASAP!!

۩
#120 Posted : 5/27/2012 1:46:56 AM

A couple of us are going to be taking a permaculture certification course at the end of August in California and if you would like to join us let us know within the month so we can contact them about a possible group discount, and make reservations.

«PREV45678NEXT