We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Would you be willing to participate or contribute to this project?
Choice Votes Statistics
I think it's a bad idea and won't have anything to do with it. 1 1 %
I think it's a great idea but I can't help. 17 26 %
I can contribute supplies (solar, shelter etc.) 3 4 %
I can contribute money 2 3 %
I can participate and contribute 40 63 %

PREV1234NEXT»
The Nexus Community Project Options

Enoon
#21 Posted : 8/14/2011 3:53:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

awesome, I'm super interested in aquaponics! Have been thinking about setting something up, and would def. try to get into it if I had a farm!!! Also that bit about the incas using it is interesting. Do you have any sources you could cite? Would love to read up on it.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Laban Shrewsbury III
#22 Posted : 8/14/2011 4:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Certainly...

Lost Crops of the Incas: Little-Known Plants of the Andes with Promise for Worldwide Cultivation

The following from an aquaponics blog...

Quote:
The Inca’s of Peru practiced a different style of aquaponics before the Conquistadors arrived. They dug oval ponds near their mountain dwellings, leaving an island in the center. After the ponds filled, they added fish. Geese flew in, harvested their meals from the water and relaxed on the island. Their droppings and fish scraps quickly turned the island into a super rich, high quality garden. Now not only did the Inca’s have the geese doing the fertilizer work, they also had fresh fish readily at hand and a moat around each garden to keep out hungry prowlers. Plus the mini pond/island system created a local micro-climate that stayed a little warmer than the surrounding mountains, giving extra days of harvest every year. The production from the Inca aquaponic systems fed more people per square mile than any type of farming to this day, in that same type of high arid land.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Apoc
#23 Posted : 8/14/2011 6:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
If money was a non-issue, I'd definitely be down there right now getting everything set up.

There are a few of us in chat who wish to see this happen. I'm not sure how many people we would really need. I'd prefer to keep it small. I think 10 guys and 10 gals would work pretty well.

Are there 10 girls at the nexus? Minxx is already taken, lol. I'm sure 20 people could raise 25k easy.

bindu
#24 Posted : 8/14/2011 8:18:29 AM

beautiful vision

just to consider, in a place like that you would need a pack of dogs and some security/guns just in case

also, dress in cheap clothes for stealth, hide bigger amounts of money well or pay armed guards and so on
pick the best visas, not exactly sure of it in peru but retirement visas are usually the best in SA

ill be coming for a visit next year to check if you are behaving well
blessed be all forms of intelligence

Enoon
#25 Posted : 8/14/2011 9:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Laban Shrewsbury III wrote:
Certainly...

Lost Crops of the Incas: Little-Known Plants of the Andes with Promise for Worldwide Cultivation

The following from an aquaponics blog...

Quote:
The Inca’s of Peru practiced a different style of aquaponics before the Conquistadors arrived. They dug oval ponds near their mountain dwellings, leaving an island in the center. After the ponds filled, they added fish. Geese flew in, harvested their meals from the water and relaxed on the island. Their droppings and fish scraps quickly turned the island into a super rich, high quality garden. Now not only did the Inca’s have the geese doing the fertilizer work, they also had fresh fish readily at hand and a moat around each garden to keep out hungry prowlers. Plus the mini pond/island system created a local micro-climate that stayed a little warmer than the surrounding mountains, giving extra days of harvest every year. The production from the Inca aquaponic systems fed more people per square mile than any type of farming to this day, in that same type of high arid land.

Thanks alot. Looks like an interesting read! I have been trying to figure out how to do aquaponics without electricity. I wonder how big the pond would have to be to keep the fish without water cycling.

Quote:
Are there 10 girls at the nexus?

I'm pretty sure there are. The question is if 10 are interested in this. I know I am.

Despite the money issue I would try to start out even smaller. 20 is a large number of ppl to keep happy within group dynamics. I would start with 5-10. And they'd have to know each other somewhat well before committing to this. Otherwise I believe it could be very chaotic.
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---

Apoc
#26 Posted : 8/15/2011 12:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
beautiful vision. just to consider, in a place like that you would need a pack of dogs and some security/guns just in case. also, dress in cheap clothes for stealth, hide bigger amounts of money well or pay armed guards and so on, pick the best visas, not exactly sure of it in peru but retirement visas are usually the best in SA

ill be coming for a visit next year to check if you are behaving well

May I ask why you're saying all that? Is it just because Peru is dangerous in general, or is that the kind of thing you would do for any large farm? Or are you saying all that just because they would be growing entheogens? I'm pretty sure the ayahuasca plants aren't controlled at all in Peru, no? and since those plants are abundant there, I can't see why locals might try to steal the harvest. I can't see a nexus community having armed guards. They'd probably arm themselves though, as many people living in rural areas do. And what about the "cheap clothes for stealth" thing? How are cheap clothes stealthy? Who would see them on a 98 acre farm anyway? And for what reason would they need to be stealthy? Just wondering...

Well, this whole thing sounds like it's above my head, at least in the developing stages. I would contribute to the cause though. Just remember, if you really do want this, it may take a good deal of planning. Maybe years. There will be other farms as well, should this one sell. Don't become overwhelmed and give up on it altogether. If you really want it, it will happen guaranteed.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#27 Posted : 8/15/2011 2:38:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's prudent for Westerners to downplay their relative wealth when in poorer countries, particularly when traveling/living in small groups, unsupported by larger organisations and away from the usual tourist areas. For example, showing up wearing a pair of shoes that cost more than any of the locals make in a year would not exactly be defined as reasonable avoidance of risk.

I'm not au courant with the security situation in the Peruvian hinterland, but I imagine kidnapping for ransom, drug running and assorted banditry isn't exactly unheard of there. And fuck only knows what's going down in nearby Colombia these days.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#28 Posted : 8/16/2011 12:37:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol. Abort project! Abort!

SnozzleBerry
#29 Posted : 8/16/2011 1:22:50 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

lol. Abort project! Abort!

?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

MelCat
#30 Posted : 8/16/2011 2:26:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
Well, this whole thing sounds like it's above my head, at least in the developing stages. I would contribute to the cause though. Just remember, if you really do want this, it may take a good deal of planning. Maybe years. There will be other farms as well, should this one sell. Don't become overwhelmed and give up on it altogether. If you really want it, it will happen guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm feeling like it's a bit over my head as well. I've been trying to do some research on Peru and haven't been able to come up with much yet. I was thinking about maybe contacting someone at Chimbre to see if they had any information that could possibly help us out.

Thanks for the supporting words. I really do want to see this happen, I just want to do it as smart as possible. I know it feels like the right thing to do.

Enoon wrote:
Despite the money issue I would try to start out even smaller. 20 is a large number of ppl to keep happy within group dynamics. I would start with 5-10. And they'd have to know each other somewhat well before committing to this. Otherwise I believe it could be very chaotic.

After thinking about it, I have to agree with you. We just need all 5-10 to be in good shape so they can contribute to all of the hard labor that comes with a project like this.

When you say that we'd have to know each other somewhat well, do you mean by our posts and chats here on the Nexus or some actual get togethers before hand?

I should mention that my (a)vocation is aquaponics and sustainable farming.
That's awesome Laban, I've done some research on it but I haven't actually got my hands dirty with it yet. I'm sure that we'll need your expertise later down the line. Thanks for the resources and information you've shared so far. It's very appreciated.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

SnozzleBerry
#31 Posted : 8/16/2011 11:20:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Melodic, they sound very much like they would be willing to help...not sure in what context and to what degree...but this post from the into the fire thread looks very promising if we decide to undertake setting up a community in their general vicinity.
The Traveler wrote:
Dear all,

I got a very polite e-mail from the creators of this movie to please remove the link to the download:

shimbre.org wrote:
Hi.
I would like to first say that we are huge fans of your web site, it has been incredibly informational for us. i think it is wonderful work that you. I am not sure if you may be aware, we have a project in peru Shimbre.org where we sponsor people to peru for shamanic healing and we also have a film "stepping into the fire".
I have noticed that one of your members, has offered our movie as a download https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=262139 . Our primary mission is to spread the message, and i know it was done in a very positive way with good intent.
I have personally used all our savings and investments to open this center in Peru and to sponsor over 70 people in a year to seek healing. We would be happy to share our film with your community as a free screening for a weekend, and would be more than happy to do what we can to also help spread the work you do. Our goal is always to work with like minded people. We would just ask to not offer our film for download. Also we would be open in doing some sponsoring of your members to peru...
our goal is to try to deliver a message, unite humanity and spread healing.
i hope that we can work together and you can also understand our intent.
thank you look forward to hopefully speaking and exploring ways we could work together
best wishes
Rob

Because of this I removed the link in the original post. Since they also offered for a free screening for a weekend it might be an idea to see what weekend is best for most of us (and of course depending on the availability of Shimbre.org).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

rOm
#32 Posted : 8/16/2011 11:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent news Smile
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

jamie
#33 Posted : 8/17/2011 3:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

This is good..I know that shimbre gets alot of BS on another forum at times in reguards to the shaman they work with etc..but I really feel that Rob Chimbre believes fully in what he is doing and only has the best intentions..I sort of felt weird when I saw that link posted here concidering the guy put soo much of his own money and effort into that place just to help others..and it was made available for a day for free for anyone following them on they're facebook page. I wish that more people would wake up to the light in the way that Rob Chimbre has and I wish everyone involved there the best of luck.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#34 Posted : 8/17/2011 3:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would be in for this whole peru thing(as long as minxx was Smile ) if I had any money..but I just put all the money I have into my own sustainable business so at the moment I am broke..but still rich Smile

It is a great idea though.
Long live the unwoke.

MelCat
#35 Posted : 8/17/2011 3:49:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I agree Fractal. I really admire what they are doing with Chimbre. It would be cool to work out some sort of alliance with them so we can help each other.

I really hope that your business venture is successful Very happy I'm sure it will be as your intentions are pure. I like to believe that the Universe helps those who help themselves and others.

Thank you for your moral support. Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

DMTripper
#36 Posted : 8/17/2011 4:35:14 AM

John Murdoch IV

Hmmm I have no organizational skills, but I'm quite handy and know how to use tools. And I could also chip in some cash.
I'd love to be a part of this Smile I'm used to hard work and would love to spend some time there setting things up.
Sounds good to have a place in the world where I can meet Nexians in the flesh Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

BananaForeskin
#37 Posted : 8/17/2011 5:30:56 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I heading off to school soon... but come summer, I would love to stop in and do my piece! I think I'll have some money, and lots of lovin' labor to contribute. Also the sort of place I'd want to live on a more permanent level someday.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Enoon
#38 Posted : 8/17/2011 9:24:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The way I see it we would definitely need to meet first. It is crucial that we can get our dreams and expectations to line up. Once we know we can actually live together and not be at each other's throats in a matter of weeks, then we should think about financing and other things. So while we should not do this in an open area/forum here, we should definitely try to arrange a meeting. Anyone who is really interested in this project will make it happen / arrange to come.

After the primary meeting I suggest one or two ppl (or however many want to join) should visit Peru, maybe shimbre as well, and scout out the area. See what's possible and calculate how much money is needed. Once an approximate sum is known we have to figure out how to get it together and start working and planning hard.

One way to get some information about visas and technicalities would be to visit a Peruvian embassy. Does anyone have time to do this?
---
---

Purges
#39 Posted : 8/17/2011 11:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Hmmm I have no organizational skills, but I'm quite handy and know how to use tools. And I could also chip in some cash.
I'd love to be a part of this Smile I'm used to hard work and would love to spend some time there setting things up.
Sounds good to have a place in the world where I can meet Nexians in the flesh Smile

X2, some what lacking in the organisation part, but I can certainly contribute labour and cash, should I want to live with you guys that is Pleased

I do plan to visit Peru some day soon, and quite possibly Shimbre as well...

Has anyone considered using the tourist trade as an extra source of income? Travellers would love the experience of living in such a community, and would actually pay to lend a hand. Plus it would bring extra revenue to the surrounding areas, quite possibly ensuring a more favourable acceptance from the locals... Part of the community could maybe be run as a hostel for instance...
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

SnozzleBerry
#40 Posted : 8/17/2011 2:20:57 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Purges wrote:
Has anyone considered using the tourist trade as an extra source of income? Travellers would love the experience of living in such a community, and would actually pay to lend a hand. Plus it would bring extra revenue to the surrounding areas, quite possibly ensuring a more favourable acceptance from the locals... Part of the community could maybe be run as a hostel for instance...

This is a long way off from happening, as first the community/farm/infrastructure has to be created (and even if you could lure some people in to "feel what it's like to create a sustainable community" I personally wouldn't want random people helping with the core work)...after that it depends on what's there/what the draw is.

Enoon, my family home is in DC and I could check out the Peruvian embassy when I go visit in several months. Alternatively, it might be possible to have them snail mail information...they will definitely send all kinds of exciting touristy stuff, but I can probably see if they can/would send more technical info over the next week or so.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

PREV1234NEXT»