We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to tell if it's freebase or fumarate? Options

golfwar3
#1 Posted : 8/12/2011 2:54:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
any way to tell if the DMT is freebase or fumarate just by looking at the consistancy?

Thanks.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:33:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don’t think consistency is a reliable way to see if your material is a salt or freebase. A solubility test will give you a good answer though.
D × V × F > R

MelCat
#3 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b is right. Drop a bit in some water and if it dissolves completely, it's fumarate. If it just sits there then you probably have freebase.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 8/12/2011 5:05:52 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The easiest/most fail-safe way to tell is to extract your own Pleased
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 8/12/2011 6:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And label it once you have! Oh – and make sure the labels stay put!

I have 2 jars, one with harmine and the other with harmaline in them and somehow the tags I put on them both managed to fall off, leaving me with no clue as to which one was which other than to try and precipate again and work out by pH. Any simpler/faster routes to confirming which is which?
D × V × F > R

MelCat
#6 Posted : 8/12/2011 6:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The harmine is usually a bit darker tan, even when it's really pure.
The harmaline is usually an off-white color.

Other than that, I'm not sure how to tell them apart aside from doing another A/B

endlessness
#7 Posted : 8/12/2011 7:01:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm not sure about that melodic.. was that your experience? Personally ive gotten harmine just as white as harmaline (in the harmala extraction guide I had taken a pic of a tan harmine but both can be white, it as just because in that particular extraction it was more tan when I took the pic but another round or two of precip should have gotten it white).

As for the original question: yes, extract your own!

you can also use small amount of the product and see if it really easily dissolves in water. If it does, its a salt form. In any case if you have gotten something you dont even know what it is and cant ask because you are not close enough to the person that extracted, I would say dont smoke that because god knows how it was extracted and what impurities there are. Extract your own Smile

MelCat
#8 Posted : 8/12/2011 7:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm... Maybe I need to clean mine up a bit moar... My harmaline is really white but the harmine is a bit tan. I'll do a couple of more manske's on them and really try to get to the bottom of whether or not using half the salt really does precip. half of the alks. I still think that if you let the crystals grow long enough, undisturbed, you can get 90% or more of the alks but I'll run some experiments just to be sure.