We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IVhuasca? Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 8/10/2011 12:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever injected THH / harm(al)ine followed by IV DMT? Just interested to see if it was a possible way of working witn these substances really, IVing anything gives me the willies, so I'll leave tht to doctors etc, but still? Anyone? Or anyone fancy being a guinea pig? *squeek / gulp* Lol

P+L,
P x
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/10/2011 1:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not explicitly about the mix of harmalas and DMT but regarding DMT IV use in general:

FAQ: Can DMT be IVed?

a1pha
#3 Posted : 8/10/2011 5:07:56 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Purges wrote:
Has anyone ever injected THH / harm(al)ine followed by IV DMT?

Also, keep in mind a MAOI/RIMA is not necessary with intravenous/intramuscular injections as you're bypassing the enzymes which break down DMT in the gut. This is necessary for oral ingestion (ayahuasca) but no so with IV.

I have not seen reports of IV DMT with MAOI vs without - but chances are it will prolong the experience some - which can either be a good or bad thing.

And of course, be safe. Probably best with an MD present.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Purges
#4 Posted : 8/11/2011 10:13:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol, don't think I'm going to try that to be honest! The onset of smoked is plenty quick enough for me, plus injecting anything recreationally is a no no... How ever I bet some one some where has tried this. I do agree about an MD being present though, I could see it going wrong in many ways Laughing
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Seraph
#5 Posted : 8/27/2011 6:20:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to inject THH, wait and then inject DMT in the future. In the far future where I'll be in the position to do that, not now.

a1pha
#6 Posted : 8/27/2011 6:22:57 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Seraph wrote:
I want to inject THH, wait and then inject DMT in the future. In the far future where I'll be in the position to do that, not now.

Why?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

۩
#7 Posted : 8/27/2011 6:23:39 PM

Seraph wrote:

How about drinking a cup of ayawaska? Ever considered that? Rolling eyes

Seraph
#8 Posted : 8/27/2011 6:29:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Seraph wrote:

How about drinking a cup of ayawaska? Ever considered that? Rolling eyes

That is what I have been doing, I still want to do IVhuasca in the future though.

fraterS.O.L.
#9 Posted : 11/5/2011 3:44:44 AM

Bill Nye

I wouldn't if I were you guys, especially if you've never done just DMT IV before. It's crazy enough by itself, I have done it multiple times. I would say though, just in warning, you should make sure it is very pure spice, rechrystallized several times untill crystal clear( Pleased ), then once more via freeze precipitation, then convert to fumarate via the FASA method. Take it easy at first, step it up 2., .3mg, then .4/kg of body weight. I wouldn't go over .4. Its a very powerful experience and you will begin feeling the effects long before you are done injecting, it is, therefore, advised that you have someone else administer the shot. Be careful, and yet again don't jump into the huasca shot. Having done IV DMT I can say that, personally, I would never dream of the harmalas being necessary, but to each their own, just be safe with what ever you do. Make sure you filter your shots well and it wouldn't hurt to test the PH of the shot first either.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Simon Jester
#10 Posted : 11/5/2011 7:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IV DMT is, look... just don't. The only benefit is when you need to spot-on nail an 80mg dose so you don't end up in the void for a literal eternity. Really... unless you are dosing so high that the same smoked dose is too unpredictable, just smoke it.

Plus, unless you're super-slick with a needle (And I mean so slick you can punch a two inch tunnel at 120mph on a bumpy road), just don't. DMT hits so quick and the launch is so gnarly that you REALLY DO risk hurting yourself, collapsing a vein, or even busting the needle off inside your arm.

Leave it to the pros... and even then, save the IV's for those epic Kholes.

fraterS.O.L.
#11 Posted : 11/5/2011 9:04:27 PM

Bill Nye

Simon Jester wrote:
IV DMT is, look... just don't. The only benefit is when you need to spot-on nail an 80mg dose so you don't end up in the void for a literal eternity. Really... unless you are dosing so high that the same smoked dose is too unpredictable, just smoke it.

Plus, unless you're super-slick with a needle (And I mean so slick you can punch a two inch tunnel at 120mph on a bumpy road), just don't. DMT hits so quick and the launch is so gnarly that you REALLY DO risk hurting yourself, collapsing a vein, or even busting the needle off inside your arm.

Leave it to the pros... and even then, save the IV's for those epic Kholes.

Ummmm.... let's see, where to begin.... I guess I should start by saying that not everyone is like you and some people just don't like the smoking aspect. Its harsh, and for some of my personal friends who have asthma, its impossible for them to get anywhere. I'm honestly surprised that someone sporting a V avatar pic would sound so Reaganistic in response to someone asking a question. You can't just say, "nope, don't do it" or you are effectively putting the cookies on the top shelf, and as soon as you leave the house, the kids will be in it and eat so much they get sick.

Now instead of taking your position, with hands on ears going "lalalalalala, don't do it, its bad" you could take it upon yourself to inform peope of how it could be done as safely as possible. Most of us here have read Strassman's book and know that it can be done safely, I believe my post pretty much sums it up except I forgot to add that you should wash your final fumarates at least 3-4 times w/ cold ACE and re-x from water. Other than that if you can re-x until it is sparkling clear, with no color whatsoever, and convert to fumarate cleanly so that it is still colorless, I really see no harm.

The only good point you made, and I use the term good loosely, is that you should not try to give yourself the injection, rather you should have a trusted friend that you know can hit a vein do it for you. It does start hitting you immediately, so doing it by one's self does have a risk of injury. That being said, I seriously doubt that anhyone would burst a needle off in their vein, thats ridiculous. Jester, have you ever used this route of administration? To me it sounds like you've never used a syringe in your life, because I break the needles of my syringes after every use and I have to bend them back and forth 10+ times before they break, and you just can't do that with your veins. Syringe may fall underneath you and give you a boster shot to grow on, or you might cause a larger wound to open before the needle dislodges from your arm which can cause a bad infection, so yeah do steer clear of trying this venture out on your own. But if you are dead set on trying this, do so safely and with the utmost respect to the drug you are putting in your body. No other chemical will send you quite so far with so little an amount. so here's the pro's and con's

Pro's - Guaranteed breakthrough, less spice used, easier on the lungs
Con's - you need a nurse to administer, you have to get poked, it is much more intense on your body(you really have to remember to breath)

As you can see, its just as bad for you as smoked DMT, it is just a different route of administration. If done properly and safely, however, it can provide one of the most powerful experiences of your life. For some, this is 'bad, for others, 'good'. I'm not arguing the moral value of it, nor will I dignify the stigmatization of IV drug use, as it pertains to DMT, with a response. The fact is, IMO, this is one of the most efficient and effective ways to use the spice, and anyone that says it isn't just hasn't been there or hasn't done it properly. So as a recap, you can IV DMT safely if you:
1-Recrysatallize the spice several times, evaporating and examining the xtals for discoloration
2-Once free of color Recrystallize again, preferably with heptane, and freeze precip
3-FASA to convert to the Fumarate salt, finely powder, and wash 3-4 times with cold Acetone
4-Recrystallized the fumarates with a water evap to rid the product of the last remnants of solvents
5-Check for PH 6-7 before using, also make sure that there are no precipitates in the syringe that could cause an infection
and finally
6-Have a trusted friend, that knows how to administer a shot, give you the dose(no more than .4mg/kg of body weight)

Be safe with it and you will have a good time, be reckless and you could die or seriously hurt yourself. Don't take what I'm saying as meaning "everyone should go and shoot up DMT anytime they want to use it, as its the best/only way to go." Because I'm not. All the routes through which you can experience the spice have their own pros and cons. If you really want to experiment with this route, then follow this guide as he's has gone there before and has obviously lived to tell the tale. I could say, also, that I have let a few of my friends in on this as well. All were nervous, and all came out willing to try it again. Its not the best way to go, but it is no less safe than any other way, IF DONE SAFELY AND PROPERLY.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

bransondude
#12 Posted : 11/10/2011 10:54:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

would the THH blunt the intensity of the DMT? I think I have read that THH puts a sort of ceiling on the effects of DMT

fraterS.O.L.
#13 Posted : 11/19/2011 11:21:08 PM

Bill Nye

I can't recommend injecting any harmalas, I haven't done any research on the subject. However when taken orally I have never noticed any "ceiling" effect on the light. I suppose if you were comfortable, and brave, enough you could try maybe a low oral dose of harmalas and then have someone give you an injection, but yet again, I can't recommend this as I have no clue what the potential hazards would be, nor do I know how much hamalas would be too much and increase the potency of the experience too much. Remember in strassman's tests .6mg per kg of body weight was way too much, so if anyone were to decide to try oral MAOI + IV DMT take very small steps. This is uncharted territory afaik and to me IV"huasca" sounds like something I would stay away from. IV spice is so intense itself that I really don't think anyone could possibly need it to be stronger. Definitely don't jump in with IV"huasca" at least be familiar with the effects of IV DMT, and do pharma and/or aya several times first. This is not a well tested route, generally speaking, and as such should be approached with the upmost caution. Be very careful no matter what you decide to do with your body.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 11/26/2011 6:40:39 AM

gufyg

well, there is always claudio naranjo's experiments with IV administered harmaline to patients in the late 1960's. I would look into that for a general outline and experimental precedent for the question of IV b-carbolines. And, of course, Strassman's work with IV DMT goes without saying.

I personally don't have a fear of pokey things, nor a stigma against IV drug use in particular. The route is simply very direct and efficient. This is why, with drugs of addiction, IV use is so disastrous. But in the end it is still the drug causing the addiction, not the method of administration.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

bigmack
#15 Posted : 12/3/2011 6:06:29 AM

Mack

hehe, i've been looking for someone who's tried IV too.
Would love to get some info and/or quality report of what it's like, for purely inquisitive purposes.
Sounds like it would be an interesting story to hear!!
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

ChickenTikka
#16 Posted : 12/27/2011 9:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think just IV DMT is a crazy idea, but IM DMT i've been considering it, onset is delayed and going from the few reports there is it sounds very much like an oral dose, of course it will require a very pure product.

Obviously a lot of people wouldn't dream of injecting anything, but i'm sure theres a fair few like me who hate smoking. I actually get quite anxious about vaping DMT, not at all related to the experience, i just worry about burning the spice, burning my throat and tasting that foulness.

I'm probably more worried about burning the DMT than i am having another scary experience, maybe if i get some ceramic fibre it might make things a bit easier.

Even so i do get the feeling IM might be the thing for me.

embracethevoid
#17 Posted : 12/28/2011 8:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fraterS.O.L. wrote:
I can't recommend injecting any harmalas, I haven't done any research on the subject. However when taken orally I have never noticed any "ceiling" effect on the light. I suppose if you were comfortable, and brave, enough you could try maybe a low oral dose of harmalas and then have someone give you an injection, but yet again, I can't recommend this as I have no clue what the potential hazards would be, nor do I know how much hamalas would be too much and increase the potency of the experience too much. Remember in strassman's tests .6mg per kg of body weight was way too much, so if anyone were to decide to try oral MAOI + IV DMT take very small steps. This is uncharted territory afaik and to me IV"huasca" sounds like something I would stay away from. IV spice is so intense itself that I really don't think anyone could possibly need it to be stronger. Definitely don't jump in with IV"huasca" at least be familiar with the effects of IV DMT, and do pharma and/or aya several times first. This is not a well tested route, generally speaking, and as such should be approached with the upmost caution. Be very careful no matter what you decide to do with your body.

There is definitely a ceiling. One cannot go beyond saturation point (typically upwards of 40g MHRB oral).

chocobeastie
#18 Posted : 12/28/2011 11:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IV is no good with DMT... it is too short and the experience was not so crash hot. (everything saying to me - dude, please, don't do this!)

And I missed once doing this injection! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are best to go IM with DMT. The duration is longer. You just need to make sure your solution is ph 7. You can bring down recrystallised freebase to ph 7 with tartaric or citric acid.

This is good for getting DMT to those who cannot smoke it (which is actually quite a lot of people) and it works well.

You can also combine IM ketamine with IM DMT.

This will reduce "fear" and slow down the experience more and this can be a very intense combination.

HOWEVER, I had a vision once where this being from on high, threw down a greaty, dirty and raggy rope, leaving me with the coiled rope on the floor. The implication is I think, that the ketamine may muddy the experience and may prevent higher access. For myself, I stopped doing ketamine altogether after realising it was doing me damage! :-(

IM DMT is good, but still you get a sore shoulder, much more than with IM K. Smoking will result in a clearer more succinct experience. Smoking is always the best way to take in anything... but the toll on the lungs, especially when it comes to DMT should be considered!