We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
gvg technique question Options

MoarSauce
#1 Posted : 8/9/2011 3:41:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got a GVG pretty recently but I haven't used it too much yet. I accidentally broke the top bowl part of it though (the part that holds the ceramic filter). I tried hitting it today by putting a disc of choreboy in the bottom of the bowl and loading the dmt on top of it. so no filter involved. then i just used a torch lighter, starting pretty far away and then moving it closer until the dmt melted into the choreboy and then vaped.

to me this seemed to work much better than hitting it with the top bowl and filter on, i was getting a constant stream of vapor and huge hits. has anyone else tried hitting the gvg this way?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:10:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

If I had broken the top of my GVG I would try your method; fortunately, my GVG is pristine so the need to vary my technique has not arisen!!Smile

With the intact GVG I can, should I feel the need to, clear 40+mg in a single hit; thats sufficient for my cerebral cortex on any day.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

tele
#3 Posted : 8/9/2011 9:38:21 AM
Explorer

You got lucky! They sell spare top pieces:

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html

I recommend: Do not use your GVG prior to buying that, you will waste your spice!

You can be pretty sure you are wasting spice when heating directly. When you learn to use the ceramic filter, you will get perfect doses and you can clear them in one hit! good luck!

gibran2
#4 Posted : 8/9/2011 2:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

MoarSauce wrote:
I got a GVG pretty recently but I haven't used it too much yet. I accidentally broke the top bowl part of it though (the part that holds the ceramic filter). I tried hitting it today by putting a disc of choreboy in the bottom of the bowl and loading the dmt on top of it. so no filter involved. then i just used a torch lighter, starting pretty far away and then moving it closer until the dmt melted into the choreboy and then vaped.

to me this seemed to work much better than hitting it with the top bowl and filter on, i was getting a constant stream of vapor and huge hits. has anyone else tried hitting the gvg this way?

GVG - top piece + chore boy = very expensive "Machine"
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Global
#5 Posted : 8/9/2011 2:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've done that same thing where you remove the top piece and carefully inched in with my torch lighter. It produced some of my more intense experiences, and indeed it did effortlessly produce lots of vapor extremely quickly and smoothly. The only drawback is that it is extremely easy to start burning your spice like that, and spice does not appreciate being burnt. Subjectively, this is where I notice those super fastforward experiences coming into play with every motion potentially building up nausea as it hammers away at you....If you can do it without burning though, all the more power to you.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

MoarSauce
#6 Posted : 8/9/2011 3:21:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

GVG - top piece + chore boy = very expensive "Machine"

yeah that's what it seems like, i'm just using it this way until i order i new top part, but based on my experiences with it set up this way yesterday, it works amazingly well. i tried it with ~22mg of spice and was blown away my the effects, not quite a breakthrough but still intense as fuck.

it's definitely possible i burned it a bit since i'm not sure what dmt smoke in the gvg would look like as opposed to just vapor. i was basically bringing the torch lighter down enough to see the spice melt into the choreboy, then keeping the flame at that height until i saw some buildup, and then pulsing the lighter on and off as necessary to keep a steady stream of buildup in the pipe (my torch lighter is way too hot, it has a triple flame, so i end up having to keep it really far away and use this pulsing method even with the filter in there). but it definitely seemed like vapor and not smoke because it wasn't very hot and had almost no taste. only thing that makes me think i could have burned it a bit is the sheer amount of smoke/vapor that was produced from the 22mg, it took me two hits to clear filling my lungs as much as possible.

gibran2
#7 Posted : 8/9/2011 3:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

MoarSauce wrote:
(my torch lighter is way too hot, it has a triple flame, so i end up having to keep it really far away and use this pulsing method even with the filter in there). but it definitely seemed like vapor and not smoke because it wasn't very hot and had almost no taste. only thing that makes me think i could have burned it a bit is the sheer amount of smoke/vapor that was produced from the 22mg, it took me two hits to clear filling my lungs as much as possible.

I wouldn’t use a triple-flame torch lighter with the GVG – a single-flame torch is ideal. If the flame is too hot, the top piece might crack. It just doesn’t take that much heat to vaporize DMT, even with the top piece in place. And your “pulsing” technique seems like it would slow things down – repeatedly turning a lighter on and off while approaching breakthrough is not something I’d want to be doing.

A rapidly vaporized dose of DMT – even a 22mg dose – produces an astoundingly large amount of vapor. When properly vaporized, the vapor is very dense and can be easily inhaled in one hit.

From your description, you probably didn’t burn very much. The bowl/chamber of the GVG is so deep that it’s easier to avoid burning DMT, even with a direct flame.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

MoarSauce
#8 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:01:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sounds like i could have left the flame on a bit longer and had it all vape at once pretty much, seeing the incredibly dense vapor build up as opposed to a slow steady stream is what made me pulse the lighter but it sounds like that's what i'm actually supposed to be shooting for.

i actually only even have one dose left, 28 mg that I told myself I would hit yesterday after the 22 mg sub-breakthrough, but never got around to. mostly because i was on mdma for the sub-breakthrough, and then it wore off before i had made myself hit the 28 mg dose. and now i find myself sober the next day and much more hesitant to do it than i was when i was rolling yesterday.

Global
#9 Posted : 8/9/2011 5:09:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Considering you're not using the ceramic filter, pulsing the lighter might actually be the way to go because it does flare up with smoke that's cleared awfully quickly.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb