We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Nutrition and Superfoods Options

Phantastica
#1 Posted : 8/8/2011 10:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Raw superfoods kick ass!!
Quote:
Superfoods are the most powerful, nutritious, mineral-rich plant foods on Earth and are the great gifts given to us by the greatest civilizations that have ever existed.
The Chinese civilization gave us goji berries, the Aztecs/Toltecs/Mayans/Olmecs gave us cacao (raw chocolate), and the Egyptians gave us aloe vera.
Polynesians gave us noni, the Incan peoples gave us maca, central Africans gave us spirulina, and beekeepers around the world gave us bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly.

Right now, this is the moment of our awakening, when we can finally bring all these superfoods together.
Superfoods represent an awesome piece of the nutrition puzzle as they are the best natural sources of clean pesticide-free and chemical-free:
Protein (most superfoods are complete protein sources)
Vitamins
Minerals
Enzymes
Antioxidants
Co-enzymes
Good fats and oils
Essential fatty acids
Essential amino acids
Fiber
Polysaccharides (glyconutrients or essential sugars)

Superfoods go a long way towards making us more well-balanced in behavior and demeanor. This is due to their ability to help remineralize our tissues and offer deep, well-rounded nutritional support.
Superfoods immediately help nourish our brain, bones, muscles, skin, hair, nails, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, reproductive system, pancreas, and most importantly our immune system.

Over the long-term, superfoods work to correct imbalances and guide us towards a more natural and original diet. When we consume superfoods it becomes dramatically easier to achieve our ideal weight, diet, and food habits. Superfoods ease our efforts to detoxify and make the transition to more healthy foods a snap ... all we have to do is enjoy their gifts!!

Superfoods can help us to:
Maintain a healthy weight
Get all the protein we could ever need
Improve our immune system
Nutritionally saturate our bodies with super-nutrients

Here is a list of some Superfoods from this book: Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future (*highly recommended!*)

Goji Berries: The Fountain of Youth

Maca: Andes Aphrodisiac

Cacao: Raw Chocolate

Bee Products: The Original Superfoods
-Honey
-Bee Pollen
-Royal Jelly
-Propolis

Spirulina: Protein Queen

AFA Blue-Green Algae: Primordial Food From Klamath Lake, Oregon

Marine Phytoplankton: The Basis of All Life

Aloe Vera: Essene and Egyptian Secret of Immortality

Hempseed: Superfood of the Future

Coconuts: Symbol of Paradise

*some algae and phytoplankton species can be easily cultivated at home at a cheap cost*

..explore this list of powerful foods and please add any useful info regarding any aspect of nutrition you may have, and spread the awareness of nutritional raw foodsVery happy

here are some awesome videos i found:

..time to..om..nom nom nom.. (*eats your face*) nom!

<3

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/8/2011 4:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

How did I know there would be a david wolfe video attached? lol I was at the spring collecting water the other day and this russian guy told me to "have the best day ever"..

I eat almost all of those on a daily basis. I am 100% raw vegan and I think it is the healthiest diet there is..well I do cook some things like ayahuasca..I have noticed that I dont get sick like I used to anymore..if I get a cold it is like not even half as bad as it would have been..I used to get ear infections all the time and sinus infections when I got colds..like 3 times a year..I dont get them anymore..if I feel one comming on it never really manifests it just seems to fade out and not really happen. I got the flu once real bad when I first went raw but sinse then I have not had anything be able to manifest into a full sickness..people tell me I look healthier as well. My hair grows faster. I sleep better..

Water is a big one..seriousily anythone drinking tap water needs to rethink the situation..we tend to focus on foods and forget about the water we drink.. go to findaspring.com or get a water filter that puts the vortex structure back into the water and ionizes it..tap water has absolutily no structure and once you start to drink structured water it becomes obvious that the body takes it up much better and the cells are more hydrated. Plus you wont have chlorine poisoning anymore..or flouride..

Wild foods are very important as well. Collect wild dandelions and berries and herbs for tea ..you can even use ceder sprigs for tea...

I ingest clay as well every day. Bentonite clay..
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 8/8/2011 6:12:29 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

How do you ingest the clay? And at what time in the day? I got a big bottle of it and I've heard its best to take a night so it can do its work while you sleep. The stuff is pretty tough to take in anything but a smoothie, but I like my smoothies for breakfast. Just wondering what your methods were.

Thanks!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#4 Posted : 8/8/2011 6:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I take it in a cup of spring water first thing in the morning about half an hour before I eat.
Long live the unwoke.

EquaL Observer
#5 Posted : 8/8/2011 7:16:26 PM

Ross

The first video : "the idea that you can learn something from a plant!" - If only he knew the bulk of it Smile

I eat spirulina, chlorella and maca everyday... you can feel them hit you. Starting a diet of only plantain, dandelion, rice and occasional fish today though to see the effect on ayahuasca and my acne. Will have to look into water filtering now
Your depth is your integrity

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 8/8/2011 7:18:03 PM

Dreamoar

Thanks fractal! Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

jamie
#7 Posted : 8/8/2011 10:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EquaL Observer wrote:
The first video : "the idea that you can learn something from a plant!" - If only he knew the bulk of it Smile

He does I am sure..I know David Wolfe drinks ayahuasa and san pedro..I also know of a certain batch of changa that minxx made that was all amoked by his wife..
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 8/8/2011 10:33:35 PM

Dreamoar

so whats the deal with the ant extracts and deer placenta?

jamie
#9 Posted : 8/8/2011 10:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I dunno, I know that David Wolfe is into some kind of amazonian ants as a medicine..the deer placenta I have no idea.
Long live the unwoke.

Phantastica
#10 Posted : 8/9/2011 10:22:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Water is a big one..seriousily anythone drinking tap water needs to rethink the situation..we tend to focus on foods and forget about the water we drink.. go to findaspring.com or get a water filter that puts the vortex structure back into the water and ionizes it..tap water has absolutily no structure and once you start to drink structured water it becomes obvious that the body takes it up much better and the cells are more hydrated. Plus you wont have chlorine poisoning anymore..or flouride..

Wild foods are very important as well. Collect wild dandelions and berries and herbs for tea ..you can even use ceder sprigs for tea...

I ingest clay as well every day. Bentonite clay..

right on, good to know u consume almost all those foods on a regular basis and that ur in wonderful healthVery happy
totally agree about the water thing. unfortunately i dont have a spring around my area..bummer; i only have a cheap distiller, and even that always accumulates white layers of chlorine/fluoride/other unknown shit at the bottom after just 1-2 gallons of distillation. every area has different levels of water contaminants in them, and since my city is very clean compared to most others, I would assume that most places have a higher degree of water contamination. so tap water should be totally avoided.

just looked up bentonite clay, thx for sharing. looks like good cheap detoxifier

other good bases for herbal teas are medicinal mushrooms (reishi, chaga, cordyceps, lion's mane, shitake, agaricus blazei) and ayurvedic herbs

p.s. this is an awesome! (by Daniel Vitalis:

<3

Phantastica
#11 Posted : 8/16/2011 2:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
EquaL Observer wrote:

He does I am sure..I know David Wolfe drinks ayahuasa and san pedro..I also know of a certain batch of changa that minxx made that was all amoked by his wife..

haha thats awesome! i'm sure his wife loved the love-filled batch of minxx's changaVery happy
<3 david wolfe

Raw Aloe Vera Benefits:

Turmeric (Curcumin) Benefits:
Quote:
piperine may enhance bioavailability of curcumin by 2000% in humans

-"there are 30 inflammatory pathways to cancer. turmeric is able to stop and inhibit all 30 pathways...and turns off cancer switches..."
Quote:
Turmeric is a perennial shrub that is grown in India and other tropical areas of Asia. It is a powerful East-Indian herb.that has long been used as a hot yellow spice to flavor Indian cuisine.

The health benefits of turmeric lie in the active ingredient called curcumin. This powerful compound gives turmeric its therapeutic benefits, its yellow color, and its pungent flavor. Curcumin contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, stomach-soothing, and liver and heart protecting benefits.

In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric was considered a whole body cleansing herb. Medically, it was used as an aid for digestive disturbances as it helps to digest fats by stimulating the flow of bile.

The traditional Chinese physicians also used turmeric to medically treat liver and gallbladder problems, stop bleeding, and relieve chest congestion and menstrual discomforts. It was also used as a treatment for fever, infections, dysentery, arthritis, jaundice, and other liver problems.

Turmeric is thought to reduce inflammation by lowering histamine levels and it may also stimulate the adrenal glands to increase production of a hormone that reduces inflammation. It is often used to ease the joint pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.

Turmeric contains rich stores of antioxidants. These antioxidants fight the free radicals in our bodies, which left unchecked, are responsible for premature aging and diseases such as cancer. Laboratory studies indicate that curcumin actually destroys some types of cancer cells. More specifically, in the laboratory, curcumin kills cultures of human leukemia cells.

There are some studies that show that turmeric benefits liver health by protecting the liver from the damaging effects of certain toxins, including alcohol. Tumeric also reduces the ability of the blood to form clots. This means it may improve circulation as well as offer some protection against heart attacks and strokes.

Tumeric may also help fight bacterial infections and may also offer protection against cataracts.

Zeolites:

Quote:
Zeolite is a natural volcanic mineral that possesses a uniquely complex crystalline structure and is similar to clay. Zeolite is one of the most powerful negatively charged minerals in nature. It acts as a magnet, drawing toxins to it, capturing them in its cage-like molecular structure.

Zeolite appears to have an especially powerful chelating effect, removing heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, arsenic, lead, and aluminum. These heavy metals are considered highly toxic and are often carcinogenic, neurotoxic, and mutagenic.

Zeolite has also been found to help remove pesticides, herbicides, and other positively charged toxins from the system. It seems to do this in a hierarchical manner. It first acts strongly to remove lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic. It then acts to remove the pesticides, herbicides, furans, and other toxic chemicals called volatile organic compounds.

Zeolite also seems to increase the rate of glucurodination in the liver. This is a process whereby toxins are made water soluble so that they can be eliminated more easily from the body. When we take zeolite, the amount of pesticides, herbicides, and xeno-estrogens released through the urine has been shown to increase as a result of the liver letting go of all of its stored-up toxins. As we take liquid zeolites over time, the burden on our organs significantly decreases and the pH level of our body comes back into a healthy balance.

Along the same lines, zeolite is the only scientifically known compound to remove Uranium-238 and may also be capable of removing radioactive plutonium and cesium as well. Uranium-238 is a type of radioactive uranium regularly used in depleted uranium weapons. It is also found as a byproduct of nuclear power plants. It is radioactive, neurotoxic, an immunotoxin, and is linked to genetic abnormalities. When substances like Uranium-238 or plutonium begin to decay, they cause a massive oxidation reaction, or free radical attack in the human body. Zeolite is scientifically shown to stop these oxidation reactions.

Very happy

<3

Û©
#12 Posted : 8/16/2011 2:44:34 AM

I eat cayenne/turmeric/black pepper in my food on a daily basis. It's one of my favorite drug/nutrient combinations out there. Not only for it's superfood and health effect, but it just makes me feel so damn good.

P.S. Top if off with a nice cup of chamomile tea with honey....MELT.

Then? Yes. A bowl of Cannabis Indica.

BLISS

Phantastica
#13 Posted : 8/16/2011 2:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^yum, sounds deliciousVery happy i also heard that mucuna pruriensis synergizes very well with black pepper (piperine)

An Index of Medicinal Mushrooms and their effects by Paul Stamets:

Attached below is a chart of Sugars & Substitutes with their Glycemic Index. get off that sickening refined sugar NOW!! Agave nectar, raw honey, coconut sugar, vanilla beans and other raw sources of sugars are the best alternative.
Phantastica attached the following image(s):
Healthy Sugar Alternatives with their Glycemic Index_1313459515967.png (174kb) downloaded 346 time(s).
<3

teotenakeltje
#14 Posted : 8/16/2011 9:00:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Phantastica! Smile
Changing my diet is exactly what's on my mind lately, so this information is very much appreciated! I'm pretty low on energy and I hope that a balanced diet (in combination with exercise, meditation and hopefully very soon my first ayahuasca session) can change this.
I'm reading the book you posted now. Sometimes I love my job...I can just sit here and read some interesting stuff, and I get paid for it Very happy
cheers

Phantastica
#15 Posted : 8/17/2011 11:45:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
Thanks Phantastica! Smile
Changing my diet is exactly what's on my mind lately, so this information is very much appreciated! I'm pretty low on energy and I hope that a balanced diet (in combination with exercise, meditation and hopefully very soon my first ayahuasca session) can change this.
I'm reading the book you posted now. Sometimes I love my job...I can just sit here and read some interesting stuff, and I get paid for it Very happy
cheers

awesome! glad it helpedSmile im sure a balanced diet and lifestyle will raise your spirits and def improve your life. ive also been awaiting my first aya experience since quite some time now, but i will have to wait a few more months until i can move out.
The book is awesome with some delicious recipes
Mmm Mmm Mmm!Very happy
<3

teotenakeltje
#16 Posted : 8/18/2011 10:15:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also reading the Sunfood Diet Success System right now, and wow! It so informative! It's the first time I read a book about nutrition, and this is really changing my perception of 'healthy food'.
I am a cook you know, I learned the traditional French cuisine...like thick sauces, lots of meat and lots of butter Smile
I'm definitely adding lots of raw food in my diet because it seems really essential to our well being. Becoming a full raw foodist doesn't seem so easy though. For now I wouldn't say that I could skip all cooked foods. But I want to experiment with it and we'll see from there.

Phantastica
#17 Posted : 8/28/2011 9:20:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
I'm also reading the Sunfood Diet Success System right now, and wow! It so informative! It's the first time I read a book about nutrition, and this is really changing my perception of 'healthy food'.
I am a cook you know, I learned the traditional French cuisine...like thick sauces, lots of meat and lots of butter Smile
I'm definitely adding lots of raw food in my diet because it seems really essential to our well being. Becoming a full raw foodist doesn't seem so easy though. For now I wouldn't say that I could skip all cooked foods. But I want to experiment with it and we'll see from there.

thanks for bringing up this book! I've seen the cover before, but never took a look inside it. i just previewed a few pages, and this book is truly very informative. i just ordered myself a copy of it as well..looks like a must-read.

thats amazing that you're a chef! haha..meat, butter and gravy..doesn't sound too good lol. i'm sure you'll come up with a lot of great raw food recipes. I've also just recently learned of superfoods, and raw food diet, so i'm also still in the phase of making my transition from cooked foods to raw foods. best of luck buddy!!Very happy
<3

mrwiggle
#18 Posted : 8/28/2011 10:42:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm slightly different take....i think all the foods mentioned are great, but not to be limited to raw vegan propaganda...david wolfe is a fanatic with some good things to say mixed in with his own gibberish..just my personal opinion, but Weston a. Price foundation is way more informative and scientific, with real science, logic, and historic evidence backing claims that, animal fats and other fats like cultured pasture butter and coconut oil are good for you, weston price foundation recognizes the powerful effects of all the superfoods mentioned as well as superfoods that dont fit in with popular whatever, like raw organ meats! and the importance of fermentation and proper preperation of foods! certain foods need the cellular structure to be broken up a bit (ussually accomplished by heat) to be absorbed by the body, again im not claiming that raw foods are bad just saying there is a much broader picture than JUST raw and vegan diet to consider for optimal health...
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

jamie
#19 Posted : 8/28/2011 3:33:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I honestly dont like these lables like "raw foodest" or "vegan"..but it is hard to describe things to people without using them. I am neither 100% raw or really vegan. I eat raw bee honey and pollen and I boil all kinds of teas and herbs, which is not concidered part of a fully raw diet. I would for instance boil a potatoe to eat if I was with others and they wanted to eat potatoe. 95% of the food I eat is raw though, and then all my teas are boiled.

I think superfoods are good in one sense..in another sense you cant live on them. You cant live on cacao. I dont care what david wolfe says..I like david wolfe but I cant eat cacao like he does. I sell raw chocolate but I wont tell people that you can eat it all day long as your only food etc. I eat a bit daily for a while then take a break. It is very mineral dense, vitamine dense etc and good for you..its also a simulant..Maca etc is the same way for me.

I am most into wild foods..which is why I like Daniel Vitalis, and also David Wolfe becuase he is into wild foods also. I wont be drinking milk like Vitalis or eating colostrum but I agree with him about wild foods being the best thing you can eat. I would take wild berries over some organic banana anyday. Wild foods are the only true superfoods IMO. A diet of all these packaged superfoods might be benificial but it is not really a "natural" diet. Wildcrafting is the best thing yu can do.
Long live the unwoke.

biopsylo
#20 Posted : 8/28/2011 5:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i was climbing a mountain the other day with some friends, and the top was a carpet of wild blueberriesVery happy my absolute favorite wild harvested treat. i now consider myself a connoisseurLaughing , and choose shade grown berries first, as they are cool to the taste even on a hot summer day.

12NEXT