We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sunny days!!! Options

Jez
#1 Posted : 8/7/2011 3:16:56 AM

Jez

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and attempt to get promoted so I can add to the great content within the nexus. So... I'm a medical student in Australia with a huge interest in psychedelic medicine & the applications these drugs have to our ever depressing society. I honestly believe, in the words of Terrance McKenna, that "People who can't see the light of the world and can't experience fun... has simply forgot about that 5 grams of psilocybin sitting in their freezer Smile" I am also further interested in understanding the impact of such molecules on the actual mind and understanding how the receptors of our brain cells activate in such a way to elicit the hyperspace effect. According to leading research... this effect is not just a simple "turning on of 5-HT-x receptors. It appears to be much more sophisticated than that at a quantum physical level of interaction at the receptor.

Anyways... I just finished reading the 9 pages of the nebulizer method of spice ingestion to only be VERY dissapointed that after 2 years and 9 pages not ONE individual has attempted this and reported??? WTF??? Lol... I kept reading and reading with excitment and it ended with no climax??? I'm sure others understand.

So... I just ordered the Omron NEU-22V Portable Handheld Nebulizer online, should be here in 3 days, and I will be testing. Will definitely update so everyone knows if this works or not... and if it does, how good it works. I also have some 4-aco that will be administered by this method as well.

Looking forward to updating the nexus on a very excitable, yet unfinished project!!!

~Jez
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 8/7/2011 3:42:24 AM

Hey Jez,

I am sure many of us are eager to hear your results!

Thanks for introducing yourself. Please keep us updated!

jm
#3 Posted : 8/7/2011 4:09:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Jez,

What are your thoughts on 'the applications these drugs have to our ever depressing society'? I agree in principle, but for me, DMT is a terrifying medicine to take if my head isn't on really tight. Do you know of anyone who was brought out of a negative way of thinking with natural psychedelics?

Very interested in reading about your experiences with the nebulizer.

Hug, Smile

Jez
#4 Posted : 8/14/2011 7:29:29 AM

Jez

Hey JM. Absolutely. People have life transforming moments on psychedelics all the time. There is a reason why MAPS and other research institutions are pushing so hard to reintegrate LSD, Psilocybin, Iboga, etc... into common medical practice again. These substances, under the right set and setting, can be used for profound life changing experiences.

Every valid academic study with psychedelics has concluded that no harm was seen, either short term or long term, and that the overall impact on the individual was extremely positive. In fact, speaking of health... I just cracked open Albert Hoffan's book, "LSD: My Problem Child." to discover that he lived an extraordinarily healthy life to the age of 102!!! 102!!! And this is a guy that has most likely taken more LSD than all of the nexus combined!

I urge you to just google: research "Fill in Drug Name Here"

I could go on endlessly about the current application happening right now. Ecstacy used for PTSD for US war veterans, psilocybin used for end of life anxiety, cannabis to treat depression, stopping heroid & cocain addition practically overnight with Iboga, Ayahuasca (DMT) being deemed beneficial for society in South America... The list keeps growing.

If you have failed to turn a negative point of your life around with the use of psychedelics... then I would strongly consider finding someone who you trust to help "guide" you... and good luck!

~Jez
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

Enoon
#5 Posted : 8/14/2011 9:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome Jez,

I remember hearing about some people trying to push non-psychedelic versions of some of these compounds that should have anti-depressing effects just like the real thing, or healing effects etc. I remember the question being raised - if it's not the psychedelic nature of the experience that is actually the anti-depressing part, rather than it's chemical aspect. I thought it was completely bewildering that people thought they could separate the benefit from the mind-altering effect. What are your thoughts on this? IMO, and if I recall correctly the speakers too, it is the psychedelic experience that is transformative and brings about positive change. Any compound where this experience has been removed from, will likely have no positive effect on ailments of the mind, because they don't affect the mind. They only affect the brain. And there is a big difference. The level of interaction is another.

Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Jez
#6 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:35:57 AM

Jez

Hey Enoon. Thank you for the welcome! The only compound that I am currently aware of that is modified to be non-psychedelic with medicinal benefits is LSD. I'd have to look it up again, but a certain variation of LSD is not psychedelic at all yet still elicits the same medicinal benefits as psychedelic LSD for cluster headaches & migraines.

This is, however, a physical nature, not a psychological. Current antidepressants/antipsychotics, etc are only around 20% effective and at that take 4-6 weeks to have any noticable benefits. Why is this? Because it takes time for the brain to "change". Add cognitive based therapy or some other clinical psychology and this result increases to 80% effectiveness. Again, it is the physical nature of changing thoughts, patterns, and "mind-set" over time. Even us doctors fully understand that anti-depressent drugs do nothing unless they are aided with change. The drug may increase neurotransmitters but this only sets the stage for a good show. It is the script that creates the magic. In other words, you won't get better until you psychologically decided to and take physical action.

This is where psychedelics come into play. The psychedelic aspect is the "action". It is the "script". You take 50 milligrams of psilocybin and you are in for a good 6 hour therapy session where everything in your life is brought to the forefront for examination. What anti-depressant does that? In fact, this is exactly what clinical psychology is doing... just in a more politically correct way. Molecules don't have to be politically correct. If what you are doing in life is making things shitty... well the psychedelic experience shows you that you are fucking up. I don't believe in bad trips. I think bad trips are great experiences because it makes you question why your mind is doing this. It shows you your fears, anxieties, losses, worries, and so much more. Again, what counceling session or drug can come anywhere close to that.

This is just the outline too. What about the entities and other worlds you visit. The ideas of change and motivation evoked through these visions and experiences. I once had a trip where I was trying to plug my headphones into my computer and the cord was completely tangled... an absolute mess. Of course completely fucked... it was frustrating. But then I saw that it was truely only one knot making this disaster and once I unraveled that one knot, that one problem, everything straitened out. But it was the difficulty in realizing it was only that one knot that created the mess. This is essentially life too. It is usually one bump that fucks everything else up. Your too afraid, self conscious, lazy, whatever... If one could understand what their one knot is, maybe other problems would simply straiten out???

Now, tell me if I would have ever though of that obvious fact of life that stares us in the face every day if I was untangling my head phone while not tripping??? Maybe, but the examination of the situation was far deeper than I would expect anyone else to place into the context.

So to answer the question, in the realm of psychology I do not believe a non-psychoactive drug can be of any benefit for psychological change. It may aid, assist, enhance psychological change, but action in thought and life is absolutely required, in my opinion, to make that shift in your mind. Psychedelics greatly enhance the action of thought... and in turn create that thought into a virtual reality during the experience. A four hour trip can seem like an eternity. Coming out of it realizing what your missing in life and that it is only four hours later can really drive someone to make those positive changes and shifts that they want in life.

Hope this explains my perspective a little better and answers your question!

~Jez

Jez
#7 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:58:43 AM

Jez

Oh... and people will try and push just about anything. That is the best thing about a conscious idea creating society. However, some ideas are bound for failure. I find that these people hold all their faith in an extraordinarily small group of successfully treated people... but when put to the test fail miserably. Think about diets for example. Even the twinky diet has a success story of losing 10kg in 4 weeks... lol. The question is, is it the treatment... or other factors (genetics, initiative, motivation, positive thinking, placebo...) that drive the change???

~Jez

Enoon
#8 Posted : 8/14/2011 11:28:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Jez wrote:
You take 50 grams of psilocybin and you are in for a good 6 hour therapy

I hope you meant miligrams...?
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Jez
#9 Posted : 8/14/2011 11:36:48 AM

Jez

Enoon wrote:
Jez wrote:
You take 50 grams of psilocybin and you are in for a good 6 hour therapy

I hope you meant miligrams...?

Of course not! Why would you take such a low dose Wut? lol Smile I did mean mg though... thanks for the catch Wink

Jin
#10 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:14:33 PM

yes

Jez wrote:
"People who can't see the light of the world and can't experience fun... has simply forgot about that 5 grams of psilocybin sitting in their freezer Smile"

agreed Very happy ,
welcome to the nexus
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth