We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
who plays the digeridoo? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 10/27/2008 9:11:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey folks.. ive been playing a long time.. i was just wondering who here plays it as well.

also i got a question for all beardy folks.. does your upper beard sometimes get in the way? i got this problem that my beard sometimes lets air through places where air aint supposed to travel during playtime.

any tips on beards and digeridoo playing? Pleased

peace
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

lorax
#2 Posted : 10/27/2008 9:18:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i might recommend this for F.U.N. when you're trippin.

trip with a friend who also plays it. then go outside in the middle of the night when there are no people outside (this could be weird for others to watch)

then check out the sewage system. once a friend of mine and me were trippin and we had our digeridoos with us. we came back home from playing digeridoo in the park. then i got the idea to play my digeridoo while the end of it was pointing into the sewer. it sounded very cool. then my friend skateboarded all the way down the street which was a good 2km away. i played the whole time. he said he could hear my digeridoo in PERFECT sound quality from 2km away through the sewage system.

wouldn't it be VERY weird to others who don't know this hearing music form the sewers Pleased

this is my call out to all trippin digeridoo players. lets make this a new ritual. every digeridoo player, every saturday night will start playing music into the sewage system at the same time. this could be VERY weird if like 50 people or so at the same time were playing into one system. hope the sewage system will stand the vibration Pleased

just an idea.. who's with me? we referred to it as Sewer-i-doo.. lol
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/27/2008 2:40:51 PM

Teotzlcoatl

OoooOOOoooo Me ME!

I play digeridoo!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/27/2008 2:44:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha.. then tell all the other guys you know about my idea! we'll be havin globally Synchronized Sewer-i-doo sessions Pleased

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 10/27/2008 3:11:48 PM

Teotzlcoatl

That sounds like an awesome idea!

I will use this big metal tunnel on the Golf course.

Tuning forks are cool too, while your tripping...

The vibrations maaaan!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 10/27/2008 3:40:08 PM

The Great Namah

I just started a few months ago.

I play daily and just love it! Music is my thing, I used to play classical violin for many, many years, switched to the guitar, and now jam out on my didg.

My 4 month old loves it too. He talks to it every time I play. I put the end of it close to him, but with the end pointed away from him. He'll lay there with a smile on his face and "talk" away at it while I play.

I went on a zaptasic voyage (nickname for mushrooms) this past weekend and got into such a zen state playing my log. After about 20 minutes of straight playing my whole body was vibrating!

I really like the sewer idea.

What kind do you all have? I've got a PVC and a teak didg.... I want to make sure that I really want to continue playing before I shell out the $200-500 to get a nice eucalyptus one.

Any intermediate level learning DVD's or CD's that you can recommend?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 10/27/2008 3:42:23 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

haha
i gotta get one.

right now (aside from midi controller + progs), I just play the micromoog, which is mad trippy too. the pure sound of electricity
can't exactly take that to the park though
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 10/27/2008 4:00:32 PM

Teotzlcoatl

There's these things called a "Twist-i-doo" which is like twisted plastic, its what I have, sounds great. Cost like $30 bucks!

lorax
#9 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:45:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i got mine in the northern territory from an original aborigine. he let me try all the ones i have for sale and told me to go with what my soul recommends. he recommended me to look closer at a selection of 25 digeridoos which he said would suit me very well. its made of genuine termite eaten wood. its mahagony colored and has a very nice serpent painted on it.

do you also make animal sounds with your digeridoo? try humming a melody while doing the farting sound in it.

i've been playin the dige since i'm 14. im 27 now..

do you guys have the circular breathing technique down? its great for taking massive hits out of bonglike vaporizers. i always vaporize circularly Smile

if you don't know how to do it then practice with a straw and a glass of water. a tip i can give which is really good is this: at the moment you wanna take another breath the pumping of the air needs to come from your cheeks and not from your lungs.

no offense.. but plastic digeridoos are pretty much crap. they dont sound like the spirit of the trees. they are very good for practice but i recommend to anyone wanting to do this seriously to not get cheap when it comes to digeridoos. like any kind of musical instrumend.. when you advance you will wanna get the best there is in the end anyways. so you might as well get the best there is from the start. at some point your digeridoo will become a part of you.

as a matter of fact the first time i got the circular breathing thing down was on mushrooms. mushrooms seem to be a very good friend when it comes to playing the digeridoo.

lorax
#10 Posted : 10/28/2008 3:50:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i might recommend this place to anyone who wants to find a good digeridoo who doesnt live in australia.

http://www.didjshop.com/...1/didj_buying_guide.html

the best digeridoo one makes oneself but only the maniacs have time for that. the best you can do to get a good didge is to buy a ticket to australia, visit northern territory and have an aborigine show you how to make one.

anyone else listen to david hudson?

http://www.davidhudson.com.au/

he plays SO DAMN GOOD!

cheers

lorax
#11 Posted : 10/28/2008 4:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for a very good training video for how to play check out this torrent (this is the best video there is.. you neednt look further!)

http://www.demonoid.com/...idoo&uid=0&sort=

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 10/28/2008 6:04:31 PM

The Great Namah

It won't let me download without registering, but regestration is closed.

Do you happen to have an invite code?

I finally got down circular breathing while playing rhythms a few days ago. I could do it while droning for about a month now.

I'm all about Dr. Didg and Ganga Giri. I've heard some of Dave Hudson though and he can blow!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#13 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:14:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry i don't have invite codes.. but i can PM you that torrent if you want.

magic clown
#14 Posted : 10/30/2008 9:54:35 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Well it dosn't look much like a didge. In fact it is a lot better. You get a didge tone which you can modulate using the valves and also you can have the fat deep bass brass sound. As an added bunus, circular breathing is automatic!
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

lorax
#15 Posted : 10/31/2008 2:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woah dude.. i have EXACTLY the same pair of sunglasses. i was dissed a lot because of my bad taste but i love em. i always wear them when nobody else is looking Pleased

got em on the flea market for a bargain!