We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help! Cactus rot and questions about it Options

Nathaniel
#1 Posted : 8/6/2011 6:24:56 PM

Nathaniel

i just checked to see if my cuttings were growing roots and it turns out they have got some rot. i know how to deal with it, but i am curious about removing a piece and eating the flesh that's not rotted. i am wondering if - 1. this can be done 2. rot would affect the surrounding flesh as to make it bad 3. how best to prepare it if i was to do so.

here some pics

^^this is the piece that is my main concern. the affected area is clear and i basically want to chop off the bottom and eat the flesh that's not rotted. good idea? any advice?

^^this cutting has a piece of stalk attached to it. this one doesn't look so bad but it's obvious that it's starting to rot. i'm going to hack off the bottom and start over... although i'd like to save a few inches above the stalk and eat them also.

does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? i know it sounds kind of dumb but i'd hate to let some of the good flesh go to waste. plus i've been anxious to try this thing since i got it and now i have an excuse to do it.
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.