We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
AYE AYE NEXUS!! Options

kinderfeld
#1 Posted : 8/5/2011 9:06:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all! Migrated from a certain Fungal Forum that I've been a part of for Almost 10 years. This place is... SO AMAZING!! I hope to be a part of this great community.

Where to start... Well, I jump out of airplanes and radio towers for a living. I'm an A.F.F. instructor at my local Drop Zone, I volunteer most of my free time in the Greenhouse of our local University, and I've been studying herpetology for about 6 years.

I was inspired to join the Nexus to share my experiences with the Spice, as well as to learn and contribute to this awesome place. My Most recent trip into Hyperspace involved millions of snakes lining everything i could see. seemed like a never ending flow of scales and patterns. Lots of fangs spiraling down.Shocked Very Humbling.

This seems like a great place filled with great people! I feel blessed to have made my way here Very happy

Peace and Love , Kinderfeld

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 8/5/2011 9:12:36 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

kinderfeld wrote:
Where to start... Well, I jump out of airplanes and radio towers for a living. I'm an A.F.F. instructor at my local Drop Zone, I volunteer most of my free time in the Greenhouse of our local University, and I've been studying herpetology for about 6 years.

Welcome! I like you already! Very happy

My goal in life is a 30k foot jump - but I've got many years to go. Still working on certification. Smile

You've found a great place with some great people. Feel free to ask questions if any come up. The wiki is an invaluable resource.

Hope to see you around!
-a1pha
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

kinderfeld
#3 Posted : 8/5/2011 9:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HALO/HAHO jumps are pretty intense! it gets cold up there. I do HALO at 32k. B.A.S.E. jumps average out at 1100ft and they rock my world every time!

I'm the FreeFlyer on our Demo team.

There is no other feeling quite like Plummeting back to Earth Like a home sick bowling ball Pleased Especially on HALO's, 30,000 foot free fall!!!!

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 8/6/2011 12:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

sweet!!! finally another base jumper here on the nexus!!! great to meet you kinderfeld. my affI days are long behind me but i still do freefly coaching on the weekends. below is my 15 min of fame Laughing Laughing
cheers mate
om"

olympus mon attached the following image(s):
exit.jpg (155kb) downloaded 71 time(s).
cover shot.jpg (1,075kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 8/6/2011 12:20:19 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

^^ Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

kinderfeld
#6 Posted : 8/6/2011 1:04:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A fellow Flyer!!

!!!!Awesome shot O.M. !!! There are a few spots in S.W. Tx that get about 1200. And every single time i take that leap it never gets old!! B.A.S.E. made plane jumping a cake walk. I LOVE NIGHT DEMOS!!! I LOVE THE SPICE!!!!!! AND I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!!!

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 8/6/2011 1:18:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

thanks brudda,
i live in the portland oregon area and we have no shortage of amazing objects. last time i counted we have about 25+ jumps within a 45 min drive!!!! the tallest A we have is only about 900ft but we have low stuff for days including 3 waterfalls.

i actually just got home from scouting out a few more cliffs in the gorge here via helicopter. my good friend is a flight instructor so we took out one of the R-22's and found 2 new 300ft walls. water landings but thats ok with me.

ok sorry everyone i know this isnt a base jumping forum. ill stop now but its not everyday another jumper makes an intro on the nexus!!!!

kinderfeld
#8 Posted : 8/6/2011 1:33:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mostly radio Towers and windmills (when they're off) out here. Its only rained twice out here all year, so that water landing sounds like a real treat !

Is it OK to discuss B.A.S.E. ?? if not .. then that will be the end of it .

proto-pax
#9 Posted : 8/6/2011 2:00:43 AM

bird-brain

Damn that all looks so sick! Welcome to the nexus kinderfekl!
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 8/6/2011 2:01:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i love windmills!!! probably one of the coolest objects ive jumped.

sure its fine to discuss base and hobbies but we should move it into the open discussion sub forum or just pm eachother. feel free to start a new thread about hobbies and passions in the welcome area, i bet lots of people would enjoy discussing their off work actvities as well.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 8/6/2011 3:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

olympus mon wrote:
feel free to start a new thread about hobbies and passions in the welcome area, i bet lots of people would enjoy discussing their off work actvities as well.

me like this idea.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.