We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Stepping Into The Fire - Ayahuasca Documentary Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 8/5/2011 4:17:21 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
Stepping Into the Fire is the cinematic release that reaches into the ash of the bare bones of existence and asks the question “is humanity born to die, or is humanity born to live?” The film follows the true story of three successful individuals brought together by an ancestral medicine from South America that has become legendary for its miraculous and profound effects. Ayahuasca – as the Amazonian brew is known – is well known for its mental, physical and energetic healing properties. Stepping Into the Fire closely examines the life-changing effects Ayahuasca can have and illustrates why environment and health are so crucial to human success on a global scale.
http://steppingintothefire.com/

Quote:
What if the life you lived, the wealth you earned, the possessions you attained, were a deception? What if the answers to all of life's questions were planted deep within the Amazons of Peru? This story takes you on a journey towards the discovery of life's purpose. Step into the fire and you may just find what you've been searching for all along. The feature documentary is about various people who need closure and strength in some aspect in their life and the different experiences and reflections of various crew members when taking Ayahuasca and San Pedro in the rainforests of PERU. While under the guide of Chaman Mancoluto, the film also reflects on the current events such as humanities ways of thinking and living, global crisis, the importance of the rainforest to the world, among others.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754537/

I obtained a pre-release copy of this film and I'm going to go ahead and make it available to you fine folks here on the nexus.

Please do not share this file publicly as it has not been officially released yet.

If you like the film please support the film maker and buy it when it comes out.

Without further ado, enjoy the show Cool

Link removed by request of shimbre.org. Please visit their website!

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 8/5/2011 4:27:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It was released on the chimbre facebook page 2 days ago for free viewing for 24 hours only. I watched it and it was good.
Long live the unwoke.

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 8/5/2011 4:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downloading now. Much thanks, Dreamer042. I'll give my report here when I've watched it.

SWIMfriend
#4 Posted : 8/5/2011 6:25:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Watched it. Truly beautiful and inspiring. I hope lots of people see it and are inspired by it.

d-T-r
#5 Posted : 8/6/2011 3:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for this- downloading now and will watch tonight.

teotenakeltje
#6 Posted : 8/6/2011 4:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much... Smile

wikiwahwah
#7 Posted : 8/6/2011 7:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this dreamer042. Downloading it now. Looks like it could be interesting.

distracted
#8 Posted : 8/6/2011 7:25:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Appreciate the upload and I'll probably give it a watch in the next few days. Won't be spreading it around either like you asked.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

christian
#9 Posted : 8/6/2011 8:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, watched it. It was a good watch.Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

teotenakeltje
#10 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:55:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did any one from the nexus had the opportunity to visit the Shimbre center? Looks tempting...

christian
#11 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:04:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Strange thing was that they kept on talking about taking Ayahuasca, when they were really taking San Pedro! Everything about it including the stone monolith spoke cactus. Perhaps they also do Ayahuasca. Has anyone been there yet??
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

teotenakeltje
#12 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:11:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

on their site they claim they do both. but how do you know they were taking San Pedro? I don't think it really matters because the film shows the power of the brew. I love how the ones who are very skeptic at the start are totally convinced by the medicine at the end...

christian
#13 Posted : 8/8/2011 10:42:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Teoten, because they were sipping a "lumpy" material in the daytime, also at one stage it was "eaten with a spoon", and also because the Shaman of the Chavin cult ( based on Huachuma) kept on talking about it( huachuma). However they did say they did both Ayahuasca and san pedro, at one point, but i never saw evidence of it. But who cares...I can't prove it, just my observations....

-Anyway, enough of this minor bickering over what cannot be proven, i enjoyed the programme, it was inspirational, and i'm GLAD to see people being transformed from their problems thanks to an age old remedy that existed before doctors, scientists, priests, governments and churches...Laughing

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 8/8/2011 11:15:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know, that shaman rubs me the wrong way. He's pretty creepy and full of himself imho.
The documentary was better than expected, but the naivitae of the participants is astounding. But well, it does it's part so i won't complain.

christian
#15 Posted : 8/8/2011 12:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Forget that shaman, the American, his sob story- (and yes, it almost bought me to tears) Crying or very sad

-Let's make our own NEXUS RETREAT!!!

>Let's make it right here!! We don't need to kill the ozone layer flying miles to get into the Jungle, (although it would be nice), NO, we can make that little retreat on our couch at home, looking at the nexus artwork and sexy dmt piccys!! Wink Laughing Laughing

-We have the knowledge, skills, and all the guidance we need here!!Cool

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 8/16/2011 10:45:21 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear all,

I got a very polite e-mail from the creators of this movie to please remove the link to the download:

shimbre.org wrote:
Hi.
I would like to first say that we are huge fans of your web site, it has been incredibly informational for us. i think it is wonderful work that you. I am not sure if you may be aware, we have a project in peru Shimbre.org where we sponsor people to peru for shamanic healing and we also have a film "stepping into the fire".
I have noticed that one of your members, has offered our movie as a download https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=262139 . Our primary mission is to spread the message, and i know it was done in a very positive way with good intent.
I have personally used all our savings and investments to open this center in Peru and to sponsor over 70 people in a year to seek healing. We would be happy to share our film with your community as a free screening for a weekend, and would be more than happy to do what we can to also help spread the work you do. Our goal is always to work with like minded people. We would just ask to not offer our film for download. Also we would be open in doing some sponsoring of your members to peru...
our goal is to try to deliver a message, unite humanity and spread healing.
i hope that we can work together and you can also understand our intent.
thank you look forward to hopefully speaking and exploring ways we could work together
best wishes
Rob

Because of this I removed the link in the original post. Since they also offered for a free screening for a weekend it might be an idea to see what weekend is best for most of us (and of course depending on the availability of Shimbre.org).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

aetherbound
#17 Posted : 8/16/2011 10:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a wonderful letter and offer...Very happy

Namaste
Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 8/18/2011 7:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been waiting for this one for some time. Looks very interesting. I'd love to get in on this free (or otherwise) screening weekend.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 8/18/2011 8:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing response, makes me feel a lot better about chimbre. Perhaps i've been too harsh and i apologize. There really is a negativity reflex engrained in me and i do assume the worst first, a lot of the time.

It's great that people are living their dreams, actually.

good luck!

teotenakeltje
#20 Posted : 8/18/2011 9:27:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That indeed is a lovely email. I really like the impression i got from the film (yes, I did download it Embarrased ) and this email confirms my impression.
Roberto is a good guy

12NEXT