We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Chaliponga questions Options

Global
#21 Posted : 8/12/2011 2:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I found my chaliponga brew to be highly bitter and just as tough to get down as mimosa. I took 10g with moderate effects (until I smoked DMT), but with an obnoxious amount of nausea.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BecometheOther
#22 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:00:32 PM

metamorhpasizer

Dreamoar, im sorry i offended you, at times my personality is abbrasive and im too quick to say things. But let me say this about the chali and hear me out

Understand this, I was not recoomending a dosage at all, i just said I TAKE 15.

No I think it is you who has got an exeptional batch of chali, I have several batches and have used chaliponga with ayahuasca many many times. 15 grams IS NOT too powerful (certainly not dangerously so). If i really want a strong dose I drink 25. No one else has to do this, this is my personal dose. I was not recommending doses to people, just speaking of my experience, so how exactly is that dangerous??

In my experience it takes MORE chaliponga then mimosa to achieve similar levels of effects.. This is using several different batches of chali from different vendors. 15 is good for me..

But this is the only forum ive ever seen recommending doses of chali as low as 5g. at the ayahuasca forums many many years ago, they recommended I do 15, at the time i was still unexperienced with the brew, but managed my way through the 15 gram chali trip just fine. Not an overdose at all. Very powerful, but isnt that what its supposed to be??

(Plus i didnt even recommend 15 grams I JUST SAID I TAKE 15 GRAMS)

Its COMMON KNOWLEDGE that with plants like this can vary in potency depending on where they come from harvest time and other factors....

I think you guys need to re-examine why you are coming at me so hard...

I have much experience with chaliponga, do not be so quick to assume i am wrong please...

This may or may not be my last post here, thanks guys
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

BecometheOther
#23 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:03:11 PM

metamorhpasizer

Haha you are railing at me about being dangerous. See Apoc's experience light effects of 5g and easy to drink. Turns out maybe you should have attemted to hear me out moar before jumping down my throat. Yall have exposed your imperfections just as i have...
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

dreamer042
#24 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:20:23 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Sorry I did not word that correctly, you did in fact just give your own personal dosage, I apologize for taking such an assuming standpoint, but I did not appreciate your rude manner in the slightest. I have had experience with chali from many different vendors over the past 6 years. I've been doing this a long time and every batch of chali I've encountered has been very active at 5 grams and far too much at 10. Your report of it being easy to drink does not fit with my or many other people's experiences which leads me to believe you are not getting good quality chaliponga. I have taken to ordering mine direct from peru so i know I'm getting fresh product directly from the source, but I've also encountered the same quality from US vendors. I've spoken with Apoc in private message and we exchanged sources and brewing techniques, I'd be interested to hear where you are getting yours and how you are brewing it.

We are all imperfect (nothing but us chickens here) and I guess we both can work on how we word our posts. Please however refrain from calling people wusses and saying they can't hang and shouldn't be drinking yage, it's not a good look and goes against the spirit of civil communication we try to maintain on this forum.

I'd hate to see you leave our wonderful forum over such a trivial matter, but whatever you choose to do, fair thee well brother.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

BecometheOther
#25 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:36:48 PM

metamorhpasizer

I import herbs wholesale straight outaa peru. Im always getting different leaves. 15 grams is where its at for me, its not weak at all, its amazing stuff. I also have hawaiian chaliponga, and chaliponga grown on bali. All similiar i use 15 grams with ayahausca and 10 with rue.

I have been doing this many years as well, and would venture to guess i have as much or more aya experience than anyone on the forum. Not trying to come off negative, thats just the way i think it is. I do not doubt your knowledge and your path at all, let me have mine.

It is also subjective what a "strong" experience is, keep that in mind.

I know my chaliponga man, its not weak at all, also it is subjective how you percieve the taste and how "hard it is too drink" So what i consider not hard you may consider hard. My chaliponga is top notch quality. I find it easy to drink. I also find it easy to swallow straight rue powder, and never get a hint of nausea from that, and many report that causing extreme sickness and nausea and being disgusting, and i find myself saying "what the hell are they talking about" so like I said, it may just be a matter of personal preference.

I have about 5 different batches, 3 different kinds from 3 vendors. So you tell me they are all low quality? No. they are simply not/

If you want to PM me i will discuss brewing method and sources gladly.

It's not just this dreamoar, i find myself frustrated here lately, and perhaps that is why I am posting the way i do, so clearly i need to take a step back and chill for a bit.
Because things in my real life are launching off right now, and i am very busy and re-affirmed and get respect in real life, but here i just dont feel like i get common respect (alot of the time i do, and there are many wonderful amazing nexians)

I say this because "established" members make comments moar offensive than mine all the time, and no one says anything to them. I think people like to come at me cause they don't view me as their equal, this i have a serious problem with, and would be the only reason i would consider leaving. I enjoy it here, but often feel like people dont want me here. Not trying to tell a sap story or get sympathy, for me thats just how it is here.

dreamer042
#26 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:50:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Different strokes for different folks eh? I will state that your mannerism in the first post is not going to win you any respect here or anywhere else. If I see any member, "established" or not, behaving in such an unbecoming manner then believe you me I will call them out on it. I'm sorry you feel that way and hope you get things sorted out and find yourself in a better place in the future.

I'm going to leave it at that and leave a comment for anyone new to chaliponga who may be reading this thread.

Start under 5 grams! Please do not start at 15!

That was my whole point and whole intention in the first place, safety and "benefit maximization" (thanks for that cystalito Pleased).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

a1pha
#27 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:54:41 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Harmalosa wrote:
..., so clearly i need to take a step back and chill for a bit.

That's probably a wise idea.

Harmalosa wrote:
..., but here i just dont feel like i get common respect.

You get what you give - and your posts come off as arrogant and abrasive. Maybe focus on your RL successes and come back after a break with more humility, re-read your posts, and see if you still feel the same way.

Glad to hear things are going well. You should focus on the positive when you have it.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

SnozzleBerry
#28 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:57:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

My comments had nothing to do with your being equal or not. If I had seen such comments from any member I would have said something. When things appear that seem in sharp contrast to the Nexus "norm" I voice my opinion; it's nothing personal, there are many threads I have made similar comments in. Whether it's a senior member or someone who just joined, it really doesn't matter...if I see it and think it's out of line, I'll say something.

Imo, chaliponga is somewhere in between chacruna and mimosa and is harder to drink than chacruna. As acknowledged in your above post, many people have very different reactions to different amounts of different plants. As such, there is no reason to say people can't hang or shouldn't be drinking yage if their reaction differs from yours. That is all, it's not a big deal and there's no reason to make an issue out of it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

BecometheOther
#29 Posted : 8/12/2011 5:44:15 PM

metamorhpasizer

a1pha wrote:
Harmalosa wrote:
..., so clearly i need to take a step back and chill for a bit.

That's probably a wise idea.

Harmalosa wrote:
..., but here i just dont feel like i get common respect.

You get what you give - and your posts come off as arrogant and abrasive. Maybe focus on your RL successes and come back after a break with more humility, re-read your posts, and see if you still feel the same way.

Glad to hear things are going well. You should focus on the positive when you have it.

Very true. I feel extremely embarrased, and I sincerely apologize.

Ill say i am not normally this way at all, I avoid conflict and keep to myself. I could not tell you why the nexus brings that out in me, but i do apologize.

Even re- reading my posts now i see them clearly as arrogant, really im sorry.

It will all be well though, I hope you can all forgive me and give me another chance,

I am going to take your advice and take a break, center and ground myself. I must admit im a bit off kilter lately and a lot is going on, so this break isn't caused by you guys or anything, and i have deep respect for you all.

Please accept my sincere apology

MelCat
#30 Posted : 8/12/2011 5:50:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much Love Harmalosa <3
I'll be sending good vibes your way. Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Apoc
#31 Posted : 8/12/2011 8:12:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
Very true. I feel extremely embarrased, and I sincerely apologize.

It's cool. I hope you don't leave forever, but yeah, take a break if you need, and good luck.

I didn't want to out my vendor, so I didn't post where I got my chali from. People might think that vendor sells a weak chaliponga, but that may not be the case. However, I think recipes can discussed on the public forum.

I crushed up the leaves a little bit, not a heck of a lot. Maybe just cut each leaf in to 8 pieces or so. Did 2 one hour boils, let the leaves sit in the tea over night, and by the third boil, the water wasn't turning brown anymore, so I only boiled for a few minutes. Reduced it down to 50ml. No acids were used. Is it more powerful if the leaves are powdered?

Two things surprise me about this leaf. First, the range of experiences. Some people say 5g will not only be powerful, but scare the shit outta them, while others say 5g is an easy dose. Of course, if you're a first time user, it's best to be cautious because when these things turn scary, man oh man do they turn scary, and from what others have said, chaliponga may be the scariest of them all, if you happen to be one of those people who do not jive with chaliponga.

But really surprising I find is the difference of opinion when it comes to the taste, and stomach effects. I believe I have a pretty weak stomach when it comes to drinking ayahuasca teas, so for me to not have a problem with chaliponga is surprising. I especially have a problem with drinking mimosa. However, there are people here who have no problem drinking mimosa, saying that chaliponga is even more bad tasting and more nausea causing than chaliponga. Weird! It made me wonder if what I got was really chaliponga. lol. I'm sure it is. I just find it interesting the differing opinions on the taste. I didn't find it any more bitter than black tea.

Global
#32 Posted : 8/13/2011 4:38:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Well I'll get nauseous off of my syrian rue alone (I know...I need to extract Rolling eyes ) so when I had my intense nausea from the chaliponga, it's hard to say how much was the syrian rue and how much was the chaliponga.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

PREV12