We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Launcher Concerns... Shaking Down the Machine Options

the_Landotter
#1 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:28:24 PM

Johnny Landotter

Hi. I'm planning my first time launch for 10/02 and I was hoping some SWIM here could take a look at my Machine and verify that it's all good to go.

The only info I have on building and using the Machine is this http://forums.mycotopia.net/att...mt-pipe-83484machine.jpg ... so I'm hoping y'all might have more/better information/experience to help me. I'm not even all that much of a smoker (practically virgin lungs) so it's important to me to get this right.

Basically, my concerns are with the copper wool 'plug' that goes in the neck of the cognac bottle. I've prepared the plug and burned off all the coating. As you can see from the picture, I've folded it in half. Because I can't get my head around the idea of just sprinkling the spice on the top of the plug and letting it melt onto the hot plug (having never seen it done), I'm thinking that I could sprinkle the spice in the middle of the plug, carefully fold it in half and then insert it in the bottle neck before heating it. I don't want the spice to fall out through the holes in the plug so I thought I might wrap the plug in rolling paper and put it in horizontally, extracting the paper after it was in. Thoughts?

Also, where in the bottle neck should the plug be situated? At the top of the neck? Or halfway down? Does it even make a difference? This is a Courvoisier cognac bottle and not the classic Hennessy bottle so the neck is slightly longer but it is a small bottle, fits nicely in the hand.

Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks.

the Landotter
ignotum per ignotius, obscurum per obscurious

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:35:30 PM

The Great Namah

I guess you could put it in the middle, but putting it on top works just fine.

Try this thread:

Smoking for the non smoker

and this one

Machine Walkthrough

and this one

Water Bong for DMT Smoking By far the smoothest way to smoke DMT.

Hope that helps!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

the_Landotter
#3 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:40:17 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
I guess you could put it in the middle, but putting it on top works just fine.

What does it look like when it melts, though? Is it better to sprinkle it on the top so as to be able to see when it melts? I'm just wondering if the vapour will have any trouble getting through the plug into the bottle itself. Or is the transition from crystals into vapour, like, really obvious? Does the spice produce massive volumes of vapour? I dunno, like I said, I've never actually seen it done, I'm working blind here... if someone could point me to a YouTube video or something that would help.

monkeyboy
#4 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:47:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

haha its obvious when youre doing it right, thats for sure hahaha
it looks just like taking a bunch of ice shavings, and putting them on a pan over a flame. IT melts pretty quick

Hit it with indirect heat.... and here's the hard part, specially when you are all nervous... draw as LIGHT as you can

pull slow and GENTLE with your lungs. What you want to do is hit it so light that the vapor almost escapes.

If you hit it gently, you will be suprized at how much smoke comes off those little flakes.

Remember, pull light and GENTLE.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:50:24 PM

The Great Namah

Ok,

Use a torch lighter (the ones that make a jet blue flame). Sprinkle the spice on top and heat the neck of the bottle near the top of the copper wool (where the spice is). Wait for it to sizzle and melt a little bit. Then put the bottom hole up to your lips and torch the outside of it while very, very slowly pulling air through.

DMT vaporizes into a thick white vapor...you'll know it when you see it.

The best advise I can give it to just go ahead and give it a go.

If you have a bong, or can get one I would highly suggest using that instead. If you used a bong you would use what we call the "leaf bed method". This is simply putting a bed of leaf (parsley, damania, blue/white lotus, mj, or anything for that matter) or ash at the bottom of the bowl piece. DMT is then sprinkled on top of the leaf/ash...then another layer of leaf is put on top. This is then smoked with a regular lighter until it is gone. Torch it and smoke. If you use parsely or ash you will have a very, very smooth smoke that is easily tolerated.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:53:31 PM

The Great Namah

the_Landotter wrote:
if someone could point me to a YouTube video or something that would help.

Dear god no!!!

Youtube was the main reason that salvia is under the scrutiny that it is. We don't need that same type of hysteria and a witch hunt on DMT and DMT containing plants!

Do NOT POST DMT RELATED THINGS ON YOUTUBE!!!!! REPORT ANY THAT YOU FIND!!!!!

You will be able to find answers to almost all of your questions here. The Forum memebers are quite helpful and can and will walk you through any problems you might have or at least point you in the right direction.

As far as the position of the plug. I used to put the top of mine about 1 cm away from the top. Just give it a little room, it doesn't need much. Once you have the DMT melted and have flamed the outside enough to produce vapor you can then flame the actual plug, although many people continue to heat from the outside.
The Spice extends life

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what do you mean by report any we find?
it's a sound

the_Landotter
#8 Posted : 10/24/2008 7:58:01 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
Ok,

Use a torch lighter (the ones that make a jet blue flame). Sprinkle the spice on top and heat the neck of the bottle near the top of the copper wool (where the spice is). Wait for it to sizzle and melt a little bit. Then put the bottom hole up to your lips and torch the outside of it while very, very slowly pulling air through.

DMT vaporizes into a thick white vapor...you'll know it when you see it.

Oh, awesome! That's what I was looking for, a step-by-step thing. Thanks Acolon!

the_Landotter
#9 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:00:51 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
the_Landotter wrote:
if someone could point me to a YouTube video or something that would help.

Dear god no!!!

Youtube was the main reason that salvia is under the scrutiny that it is. We don't need that same type of hysteria and a witch hunt on DMT and DMT containing plants!

Do NOT POST DMT RELATED THINGS ON YOUTUBE!!!!! REPORT ANY THAT YOU FIND!!!!!

I've found maybe less than half a dozen and they're all real stupid looking. But definitely people smoking something and then acting goofy, maybe too goofy? Like they're faking it? All in all, not an impressive sampling. How does one report such a thing and what gets done about it?

the_Landotter
#10 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:02:36 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
As far as the position of the plug. I used to put the top of mine about 1 cm away from the top. Just give it a little room, it doesn't need much. Once you have the DMT melted and have flamed the outside enough to produce vapor you can then flame the actual plug, although many people continue to heat from the outside.

Perfect explication of technique... muchos gracias Acolon! Very happy

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:03:39 PM

The Great Namah

Jorkest wrote:

On YouTube there is a function to report inappropriate video's. They are reviewed and if deemed inappropriate either removed or tagged as adult only material. I mean you don't have to do that, but if you believe that it is a bad idea to have DMT on youtube you might want to. With salvia you had teens acting crazy and then smoking salvia and acting really crazy...it scared enough mom's to get it banned in quite a few US states. One poor guy might even be going to jail for a long long time (20-30years) for having 1 oz of salvia leaf on him.
The Spice extends life

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ahh i see...that is really unfortunate for that guy..i remember reading an article about it...sad so sad...i hope that guy doesnt need to learn the lesson of getting out of jail as an old man
it's a sound

the_Landotter
#13 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:07:53 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
Jorkest wrote:
On YouTube there is a function to report inappropriate video's. They are reviewed and if deemed inappropriate either removed or tagged as adult only material. I mean you don't have to do that, but if you believe that it is a bad idea to have DMT on youtube you might want to...

Hell, I'd do it just to get crap video offa there. I mean, it just makes the whole thing look stupid. I was real disappointed when I found em... but hey, I'm trying to put it all outta my mind and proceed with an open spirit.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 10/24/2008 8:27:15 PM

The Great Namah

The beauty and the glory of DMT is behind closed eyes.

Acting goofy isn't a side effect of DMT. Looking like a vegtable with a line of drool hanging from your lips, waking up screaming "Oh my God!", "WOW", "I saw the very face of GOD!" are.

It's not impressive at all to watch (rather boring to tell the truth), but is beyond words to experience.
The Spice extends life

the_Landotter
#15 Posted : 10/24/2008 9:42:22 PM

Johnny Landotter

acolon_5 wrote:
It's not impressive at all to watch (rather boring to tell the truth), but is beyond words to experience.

Absolutely, I totally get it. My entheogen of choice is mushrooms and I've spent years with them, so I know about the internal experience. But that's just it, the interior nature of that experience demands a level of privacy that these youtubers just don't seem to get. Just the idea of filming myself while in the middle of a psychedelic ego-meltdown and then broadcasting it to the world wrecks my head. It's so disrespectful, both to the plant and the person.

amor_fati
#16 Posted : 10/24/2008 9:43:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Is the hole in the middle of the base of the bottle, as it is in a standard machine design? Or is that little spot on the edge of the base? SWIM was wondering whether it would be easier to melt a hole for inhalation than to drill. SWIM's probably going to opt for a bubbler anyway, but was considering a hybrid of the blown glass tek and "the machine." All SWIM means by this is blowing one's own glass rather than using a bottle, as SWIM cannot locate a proper bottle in his area.

SWIM has also never had much luck drilling glass, but has had variable success with his glass-dropper machines and incredible success with improvised bubblers (at least enough to want to get an actual bubbler).

the_Landotter
#17 Posted : 10/24/2008 10:12:17 PM

Johnny Landotter

amor_fati wrote:
Is the hole in the middle of the base of the bottle, as it is in a standard machine design? Or is that little spot on the edge of the base?

There is a small rectangular divet on the edge of the base of the bottle... you can kinda see it in the second photo. It was easy to drill a hole through the glass at that point. A couple of layers of duct tape plus the edges of the divet kept the drillbit in place nicely. Medium pressure for about 10 minutes and I was through. You just have to go slow and grind the glass more than drill through. Patience is key.

I think it'll work well with the hole on the edge. The whole thing just rests so nicely in the hand, very comfortable.

moracca
#18 Posted : 10/25/2008 9:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it's kind of a hard thing to picture, I understand. Once you actually try it the first time however you will quickly understand. I have found that heating the plug BEFORE putting the spice on is a good way to get it melted in. I will just heat from underneath as if there was spice in there, then sprinkle some on. Pretty much once it touches the warm plug it will melt down into it. I was concerned at first about it running down and dripping out, but it doesn't seem to do that at all. I actually just finished some experimentation with the machine, and am pleased. My power in my apartment actually went out during my second hit... hows that for synchronicity??? I didn't break through or anything, but it was certainly interesting.

It's so funny once you finally "get" what everyone is talking about... that initial rush of "WHOA" as you're holding in your first hit, the hesitation to take another one, the tingling on the lips, etc etc. Anyway, as was said, just give it a try... you will soon join the club Smile

the_Landotter
#19 Posted : 10/25/2008 11:22:58 PM

Johnny Landotter

Thanks moracca. Thems some encouragin woids. Honestly, I'm extremely nervous, I've been holding the stuff since July, trying to mentally "prep" for the experience, which is laughable. Well, 10/02/08 is the day... if words aren't completely useless as a discriptive tool after that, I'll let y'all know how it went. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Noetic
#20 Posted : 10/28/2008 5:02:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would just make sure you roll it together tightly in your hands. Like when u were a kid with playdoe.. Then give it one more quick burn to get off teh spots you might have missed. I woudl use a thinner chore boy filter though. the one you have looks kinda think and although its great if your going all out with vast amounts of drugs and pla on ppushing back and forth alot, thinner filters work better and will esure better burning. Just cant overheat it as they will burn out quick.Spice however is a more sacred and in less amounts than the stuff im used to burning with chore boy so Id sy teh thin stuff is worth it and if ya burn it and cant just turn it around, then use more, its a buck for plenty of filters so dont be cheap about it. Thats just my 2 cents.