We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
WARNING to europeans: Methamphetamine sold as MDMA! Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all I'd like to say that, while we do not talk about drug buying and selling, I felt this deserved a certain exception because of the risks involved, considering I know there are some European Nexians that consume MDMA.

I am collaborating with an organization that does drug analysis and we have been receiving some samples of MDMA that actually contain methamphetamine instead!

While dosage of MDMA is around 100mg, of Meth is around 10-20mg, not to mention huge difference in type of effects, pharmacological profile, etc. An overdose of Methamphetamine can lead to several over-stimulation issues and pose a real health risk. There have been hospitalizations due to this already.

What can you do to make sure you have MDMA?

The only sure way is to get it analyzed. One can do home tests or send it to an organization.

Marquis Reagent will easily tell apart MDMA (turns black) from methamphetamine (turns orange). This would be enough for the cases I am talking about. You only need a tiny spec of the product (a mg is more than enough) and a drop of the reagent.

For mixtures or more complex identification, one will need some type of chromatography (at least TLC with standards or GC/LC-MS).

Organizations that do drug testing:

Energy Control (Spain)
Checkit! (Austria)
Eve & Rave (Switzerland)
Ecstasy Data (USA)
Also, here's a directory of harm reduction organizations around the world, some of which do analysis, others are more about information.

If you still want to consume MDMA that hasnt been analyzed, please start with very low dosages (10-15mg) and wait an hour to see what are the effects.

Do NOT judge by looks, MDMA and Meth crystals can look the same.

If you guys are aware of more organizations or relevant info/links, please go ahead and post.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

christian
#2 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, some guys died from supposed "extra strong extasy" in the UK recently. It could have been because of this, but that has not been clarified. I think this was a problem in USA too??Surprised Shocked Rolling eyes
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

endlessness
#3 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, do you have the source for some article on these cases? Would be interesting to enquire further...

Ecstasy has a lot of other impurities too, 60% of whats been analyzed here has no MDMA at all! There have certainly been many health issues from the mix of substances that are sold in ecstasy pills around. Very commonly its some MCPP + metoclopramide combo which generates a lot of side effects.

But the meth mislabelling Im talking about is when MDMA is as crystals/powder.

christian
#4 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would , Endlessness, but for some reason can't get a link sorted because of an "outlook" issue i can't be bothered to fix right now. It was in Scotland that someone died recently, supposedly from "extra strong extasy", whatever that REALLY means??

-Without evidence, it means nothing, and could be usual media tricks,etc.Nothing mentioning meth whatsoever,etc....
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Wax
#5 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:21:49 PM

LUVR

I dont know about meth being sold as pure MDMA in the US but alot of e pills are meth thats for sure.
Recently theres been alot of foxy going around in pills and a strong dose of foxy is 30mg while pressed pills are usually around 200mg....scary shit, I stay away from them nowadays but I get offered them alot and read up on www.pillreports.com to spread the word to friends and others that don't bother with harm reduction.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Red Eclipse
#6 Posted : 7/28/2011 12:07:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just curious as to whether substituted cathinones are finding their way into press "MDMA" pills? Such as, mephedrone, methylone, 5-methyl-MDA, MDPV, DMC, etc

I've heard of it being used to cut methamphetamine in the States, from various forums. I could see this having some very negative effects if the pill actually also contained a small amount of MDMA.

Be careful out there!

endlessness
#7 Posted : 7/28/2011 12:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mephedrone has indeed been found sold as "mdma" pills, Im not sure of the other substituted cathinones but I can ask.

These cathinones are very commonly found in "legal party pills".

Wax
#8 Posted : 7/28/2011 12:17:12 AM

LUVR

Not sure eclipse but theres a ton of piperizine/MDMA out there which is a very baaad combo.
Its rediculous what people will do for money Sad
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

geeg30
#9 Posted : 7/28/2011 12:37:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
Yea, some guys died from supposed "extra strong extasy" in the UK recently. It could have been because of this, but that has not been clarified. I think this was a problem in USA too??Surprised Shocked Rolling eyes
Yeah one of them lived across the street from me - still being touted as stronger ecstacy though.
Link http://thesun.mobi/thesc...g-killed-pair.html?mob=1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/new...nd-glasgow-west-14006489
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

christian
#10 Posted : 7/28/2011 8:24:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its bad news that this happened to those guys. However without any pill data like pill analysis, what do they actually mean by super strong extasy??. I guess when they say "super strong" they mean 300 milligrammes or so. Still, if these guys got these ones, they would have just been taking double the normal mdma dose. Not really excessive by "pill head" standards.

- I'm thinking more along the lines that these guys had something else in their systems. Although MDMA can kill, it's still ststistically safer than most OTC drugs.

tele
#11 Posted : 7/28/2011 9:30:22 AM
Explorer

Just another reason not to put any chemicals into your brain

SHroomtroll
#12 Posted : 7/28/2011 2:01:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I doubt anyone i know would not feel the difference beetween these 2 very different stims.

Nasty though if someone was to consume 2-300mg of what they thought was mdma but it was meth instead

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 7/28/2011 2:40:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Recently in The Netherlands 4 people died by 'extra strong' XTC pills that not only contained a higher dose of MDMA but they apparently also contained PMMA.

3 of the 4 cases involved stronger as usual MDMA, "About 80mg is normal but in the wrong pills 150-200mg was found"

http://headlines.nos.nl/....php/list_messages/23977
http://www.limburger.nl/.../ANPNIEUWS01/103310368/0

One thing I really like about one of the articles is that it states the following:

"Wanneer iemand in de problemen komt:

Bel 112 en vertel het ambulancepersoneel alle informatie die van belang is. Anonimiteit is gegarandeerd!"

Translation:

"Whenever someone gets into trouble:

Call 112 (Dutch 911) and tell the ambulance staff all information thats important. Anonymity is guaranteed!"

Kind regards,

The Traveler

christian
#14 Posted : 7/28/2011 3:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are too many reasons for the legalisation of ALL drugs. Why won't they do this???- I suppose the police would have nothing to do 80% of the time??

endlessness
#15 Posted : 7/28/2011 5:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes Trav!! We've also been receiving some samples of ecstasy that actually contains PMMA, also sometimes sold in 'legal highs'. PMMA has been related to quite a few deaths in Europe, we are just trying to contact one of the legal high suppliers to remove it from their shelves, lets hope they respond to it.

rOm
#16 Posted : 7/28/2011 5:32:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brrrrr...
Less MDMA !!!!
MOar Tryptamines !!
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

joedirt
#17 Posted : 7/28/2011 11:03:39 PM

Not I

I have a very simple peace of advice for people...and yes most of you will ignore it.

Leave X alone. The vast majority of street X has so many impurities that it's not even worth calling X.

In college i did X probably 15 times. Almost every time I got very sick to the point of purging. I then would have a great time...

Recently a very very good friend had some that he gifted to me for an Allman brothers show. I agreed to try it one more time....IT WAS AWESOME....

Real X is a pain in the ass to synthesis ( from non controlled starting materials) and thus it is very unlikely to be the dominant drug on the street sold as X. I have no link only personally experience...

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

P.S. in personal experience a light pharma dose in a 5:1 ration of harmalas to DMT was very similar to a real X experience...as subjective as both experiences are.

Peace....yeah and take some love just for good measure. Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Shaolin
#18 Posted : 7/28/2011 11:13:57 PM

Stiletto Stoner

joedirt wrote:
get your drugs tested

Agreed.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

joedirt
#19 Posted : 7/28/2011 11:18:40 PM

Not I

Shaolin wrote:
joedirt wrote:
get your drugs tested

Agreed.

Great point...only I didn't say get your drugs tested...but I suppose you could say I implied it!
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Shaolin
#20 Posted : 7/28/2011 11:26:30 PM

Stiletto Stoner

joedirt, I believe that the statement " The vast majority of street X has so many impurities" is true in your circle. I leave open the possibility that statistics might also confirm this but does that really matter for our person X ? Worlwide statistics, accesibility or/and purity in someTownInAmerica?

Some might say yes but I don't. Case by case, pill by pill. Test by test. The rest is just bonus.

I would also presume that organizations that produce MDMA are able to get their hand on the precursors or have the knowledge to use less controlled ways.

Actually I don't know why I quoted you. I think, because I disagree with things in your post, I wanted to gain/show some sort of faux superiory by putting words in your mouth. I apologize for that.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

12NEXT