We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

Unity
#1 Posted : 7/26/2011 9:15:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good morning, evening and everything in between.
As it's easy to see, I'm brand new. In fact, I might as well still be packaged in shrink-wrap, I'm so wet behind the ears.
I'm very excited to finally submit membership to the community, I have a positive expectation that I'll integrate quite well.
A few months ago, I was browsing through some comedians albums on Youtube in the likes of Bill Hicks (an absolute favorite of mine), Steven Wright and George Carlin. I happened upon Joe Rogan's segment on humans and their inability to unite with others; or rather their latent ability to. He went on about humans needing to feel they belong and that competitive fighting is also natural and jokes aside, made some very good points on humanity's for lack of a better word, fear. Their fear to open their eyes to love and freedom and do away with fear.
Hicks had a similar schtick, but Rogan took a different approach. He mentioned DMT, and right away I started looking through his discussions and speeches on it.
Since I was 15 or so and was hitting my bong in my parent's basement, I was never one to stop at whatever I was happy with. I browsed Erowid daily and discovered many drugs I'd never heard of. DMT being one, the trip reports were so "out there" at the time my adolescent mind made no sense of it and I chalked it up to a hyped up trip similar to LSD. A poorly though concept, but in my youthful form's defense I saw Lysergic Acid as the end-all be-all to psychedelics. I saw Fear & Loathing and figured it was the strongest one could go in terms of breaking the barrier of reality. Or more or less, lifting the veil.
Ever since I tried my first psychotropic substances (DXM and Cannabis), I had this aching urge to push further. From a very young age I understood the cultural cliche of conformity, "what is reality", "What is morality", etc.
As silly as it sounds, The Matrix made perfect sense to me. I saw it when I was around 9 and maybe it was my expansive imagination but it just seemed right. I understand that it mimics reality, not the other way around (Macro to micro, I see).
Anyway, since then I'd been on a sort of quest, or mission. I researched and scoured the web for an answer to my question: How do I get out? How do I get furthest away from my narrowed perceptions of reality?
I always understood that there is an underlying (or rather everpresent) layer of reality that is nearly inaccessible due to our hindered spectrums of perception.
For years I tried and tested, almost scientifically in my approach, all the compounds I could find that provided that sort of crashing element to others. I want so badly to see what isn't there for us that it basically became a hobby. Not the drugs, mind you, but rather understanding what is always around us but at the same time never there.
I am somewhat of a Taoist, though my meditations practiced reflect much of the Buddhist and Zen goals. The walking and breathing meditation provided me with more clarity than any sect of religion or piece of insightful literature available. It was then I could quiet my mind and separate myself from MOST of my ego.

By pure happenstance I had spoke with a few older gentlemen who ran somewhat of a community of people who were more or less the lighter side of "counterculture", as seen in materialist ways today. All of them had one thing in common; along with being very wise and understanding from a purely transcendental and internal way: They all were familiar friends with Dimethyltriptamine, and respected is more than any substance they used.
I began reading, and I love to read, so I gobbled up all the Terrence Mckenna and Tim Leary
and Carl Sagan and many many trip reports. This is years later, mind you. Actually, in the best perspective, it was around 2 months ago. I became so interested that it was almost solidified fact in my brain: DMT is the element. It's what I've been looking for. It's exactly what I've been striving to achieve. It provides the breakthrough I've been after. Ironically the term people use when describing their transcendence from reality.

I found the forum by the pure popularity of it through google searches. I actually read up on the wiki before coming to the forum. Then I lurked and browsed and read. I felt like this could be a collective I would truly be comfortable with.
I'm currently in the process of acquiring DMT from the traditional methods. I hope you can infer from what I've implied by that, as I'm not fond of using terms like SWIM and FOAF.
I will post my first trip report in the appropriate section when it soon happens, but for now I look forward to my residency and hope you all accept me as a regular contributor. I plan to stick around for a while.

- Unity

P.S. I'm a huge comic book fan, and the fact that the Invisibles series is available in very high resolution format is fantastic.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cyberdream
#2 Posted : 7/26/2011 12:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats interesting!! , and welcome to the forum Smile

Unity
#3 Posted : 7/26/2011 6:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
Glad to be here Very happy