We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Body Worlds Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 10/22/2008 11:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just went one of these days to this ´body worlds´ exposition.

Wow.. Weird and twisted, but quite enlightening too, to really see the inside of your own body machine, in real.

It somehow reminded me of this alex grey thing with his ´sacred mirrors´, where one stands in front of paintings of body and spirit anatomy, so that one can somehow ´meditate´ or ´contemplate´ with it. So in this body worlds exhibition, it really shows you the different systems, circulatory, nervous, muscles, organs, different slices and angles, etc. You stand there and visualize this complex machinery in action inside of yourself

On display there also are tobacco-affected lungs and healthy lungs for comparison (there´s even a box in between them where people who decided to stop smoking at that moment threw their cigarette packs, though I suspect packs are actually put there, at least in the beginning on purpouse by the staff)

There are also healthy brains and disease-stricken (such as aneurism or tumor) brains.

The whole exposition was somehow repulsive, yet at the same time hypnotizing and interest-arousing. It left a big impression on me, made me more amazed at the incredible complexity of life.

I did hear some controversies on the creator of this exposition after I had went there, but regardless of this, it was a very learning experience

did anybody go to this, or has any opinion on it?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lorax
#2 Posted : 10/24/2008 11:11:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there was some sort of rumor that the guy got his bodies illegally from somewhere..

it may be disgusting to some people.. but on the other hand some people find talking about death inappropriate..

i'd also go there if i had the chance.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 10/24/2008 3:20:08 PM

The Great Namah

I took my 9 year old daughter to see that last summer. We had a blast.

It was simply amazing. I didn't really appreciate the throw your cigs away box. My daughter tried very hard to convince me to quite (bless her heart).... My wife and I just are quite there yet...
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/29/2008 12:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what? you use ayahuasca and have problems with quitting smoking? the first time i took lsd convinced me that i would only be smoking something if it were to produce otherworldly effects. the feeling in the lungs was just something that i disliked very much. then i discovered the vaporizer and all was cool!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 10/29/2008 2:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hey, I'm going to that this Halloween! Apparently most of the bodies are those of Chinese prisoners. If you ask me, better this than buried and forgotten.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 10/29/2008 3:16:51 PM

The Great Namah

lorax wrote:
what? you use ayahuasca and have problems with quitting smoking? the first time i took lsd convinced me that i would only be smoking something if it were to produce otherworldly effects. the feeling in the lungs was just something that i disliked very much. then i discovered the vaporizer and all was cool!

Yeah, I know, Aya knows too. It is a theme that is constantly brought up...in fact it was even brought up to my attention during one of my early DMT voyages. I am always shown the destructive nature of some of my bad habits, I just haven't been able to quit yet.

I really should look into a vaporizer, they are just so ungodly expensive...

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

blue_velvet
#7 Posted : 11/7/2008 4:36:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I could see it and score some free cigarettes. Well, learn something too I guess.

bufoman
#8 Posted : 12/15/2008 11:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Body world is incredible and very informative. One really cool part is they have bodies where everything is digested away except for the circulatory system; arteries, capillaries and veins. Another one with just the nerves. It is amazing you can still see the outlines of the body and organs. If one has the chance to see this exhibit they definitely should.